Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 06:34 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Happy Thanksgiving American Cows!!!!

I hope you all have a lovely day----needless to say---we had our Turkey Day in October,and I have heard that this is the day that all cows start their manic eating pattern-=----heading up to the next Turkey Day in a month-----well---don't worry about it---this tank started hogging down in October----and of course,after Christmas,we are too depressed to diet---Kiwi---do a poll survey---WHEN is it a GOOD time to diet---I can think of reasons NOT to for EVERY season!!!!!WABBIT!!!!!!MINT m and m's?????WELL!!!!Kiwi darling---I was in Calais and all they have is Christmas Peanut and PlainANYWAY---enough about me----enjoy your butterballs gals!!!!!Butter em up good!!!!!
Old 11-22-2001, 09:13 AM   #2  
Most boring housewife.

Default Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

I've got to go into that room and get to work. ug

Have a wonderful day, Cowsies. Eat more than you should.
L
Old 11-22-2001, 04:11 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Wink turnips?

No candied sweet potato casserole? Or jellied marshmallow salad?

Happy Thanksgiving, cowsies!
Old 11-22-2001, 05:07 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Good heavens, Lushbutt

When are you planning to eat? Tomorrow? I have had turkey dinner, dessert and bloatedness already and am home and back on the 'puter. The kid is going to listen to music at a bar tonight. Hope she has a nice time. Oh, okay, it's her friend's brother's band and it's for a chem-free night at a local place and her friend's father is one of the chaperones. Poor kid is in such safe hands it's ridiculous.

La Pauvre DH had to go in to work today at 6:30, showed up for dinner and a quick nap and went back.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

Kiwi
Old 11-23-2001, 04:39 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Question What the.........

Lush, was I dreaming, or did you not post a complete Thanksgiving menu here yesterday? Where'd it go? Did you edit it to remove the turnips? Or was it deemed not suitable for a diet message board? I won't rest until I know.

Gotto go clean up - guests tonight - roast chicken, Caesar salad, garlic bread.

Went to look for a recipe for Rice Krispie Squares on the net and got conflicting answers. Some say 40 marshmallows, some say 32. What's a girl to do. I'll just have to cook by instinct.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:40 PM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default puter is being bad

I can only see one posting. I know Sugar posted but Ican't see it. I am upset. How will I know when to diet?

I think dieting should be done right away so we don't disgust Herbie but I don't know how to do it. I am am +10 now having started at +9. Herbie and ds and I had the meal alllllll alone together at the lake which has water in it now. We didn't even have the kitties here.

Enough of that. I am too boring. Love you all.

Love,

Blubbergutt
Old 11-23-2001, 12:47 PM   #7  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default ps thank you to Kiwi and Lush again

for helping me feel I'm doing the right thing keeping ds here and raising him face-to-face. There are NO private local schools except one Baptist one that I don't think would compare to the public schools in Herbie's neighborhood.

We have a junior college here that is now operating a high school. They give the kids' an AA degree with their high school diploma (unless they can't hack the load) THEN guarantee scholarships to ANY Florida college or univerisity. So they say anyway. I just wonder if they miss out on the "high school experience." What is the high school experience?

Lush is such a great mom. And Kiwi. And Bagz. And Sugar but her babies are babies. And Wabby but her babies are grown.

KISSSISISISIS
Old 11-23-2001, 01:40 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Effusive Peaches

Must be all that tryptophan. (DD tells me no one will know what that is, so click to see definition)

I can see Sugar's posts, but Lush's dinner menu is definitely gone. She must have eaten it.

As for the high school experience, Peaches, I have to tell you that DS is not the type who will particularly enjoy that anyway. That is for football players and cheerleaders, people who will fall in love and marry young, and future car salesmen and real estate developers. And you know he doesn't fit into those categories. For him, HS will probably be something to get through to get to college, where no doubt life will begin. Now some of us may have different viewpoints based on our experience, but that's mine.

Going to Harry Potter tonight. Did you know you could buy movie tix online? This is very helpful for someone who lives 75 miles from the theater.

Later dolls, don't eat too much gravy.

Kiwi
Old 11-23-2001, 03:43 PM   #9  

Default Working today

I'm the only one who had to work today because billings have to be in the general contractors hands by the 25th. Which is sunday. I've been robbed of a holiday day off.

Nothing to say other than I ate waaaayy too much yesterday then we sat around like blobs and watched Shrek. What a cute kid movie. There was only one kid among us, but the rest of us are grown up kids. Sugar, we didn't eat turnips, and we did have sweet potato souffle, which is just a mouth full of heaven. Anyway, I'm going to go home now and polish off some left overs.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:59 PM   #10  
Most boring housewife.

Kiwi, everyone knows what tryptophan is. It is a man's excuse for sleeping while the dishes are being done.
Peaches, I think that he would have more of the "high school experience" if he was in a place with other smart kids. In DD's scjpp; there are strict academic requirements attached to sports involvement. In the public school here, the kids must be passing to participate in sports. An F is below 63, so they have lots of leeway. In DD's school a 70 is a failure but it doesn't matter because the kids have to have a 2.5 to participate in sports. That translates to about an 82 or 83.
Everyone knows everyone else's grades. It is competitive so being smart is a lot like being a football player in another school. Lots of kids are terrible at gym and there is no stigma attached to being the last one picked. On days that they're doing something horrible like playing soccer or some other game that requires a skill DD does not have and does not want, he allows her to jog or just hang with her friends.
There are only 125 kids in DD's class....how small would the class at the Junior College be? I think it sounds ideal. I agree with Kiwi, most likely he'll just be living through the high school experience, this way he may just get something out of it.

Wabby, I want to see Shrek....it was good? We are going to see Monsters Inc tomorrow at a school fundraiser. DD's friend took my ticket so I'm probably going to sit in the lobby while they watch it.
Sugar, I did post a list of chores and you are right...turnips were on it. They are gone as the list was boring.
We're having company tomorrow night, so I will probably post another list. I doubt turnips will be on it, though. sorry
bye
Old 11-24-2001, 12:54 AM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

That sounds like a fantasy school, Lush. Are you sure you didn't just make that up?

Shrek is hilarious, right Wab? You definitely should see it Lush. The boys will love it. I want to see Monsters, Inc. too. There was a hilarious preview of it right before Harry Potter tonight. Which, by the way, was very good. Also very long, but certainly didn't lag at all. The cast, the sets, the special effects, all wonderful. DD's only complaint was that it was a bit too fast-paced (had to cram a lot into 2 1/2 hours). My only complaint was that we had to sit through 25 minutes of commercials before it finally started. I was at the point of encouraging the girls to start chanting MOVIE MOVIE when the Monsters Inc. preview came on, was very brief and funny and the movie started immediately.

That's my movie report for tonight. I'm going to go play pogo.

Kiwi
Old 11-24-2001, 01:59 PM   #12  
Most boring housewife.

Default Movies

Monsters inc was not that long but seemed it. It was about an hour and a half but it could have been an hour.

Kiwi, you have to remember that Catholic schools are run by nuns. I think I only described half of the fantasy. My daughter would add plaid skirts down to your knees, no room for alternate points of view, a warped version off all aspects of human interaction, a history curriculium that is completely papal-centric...blah, blah, blah.

I think I am going to do several Christmas displays today. I'm having company in an hour...bye
Closed Thread