Old 06-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #1  

Question 4th of July - desserts

I am a Weight Watcher who has now lost 52 lbs. I am planning to have some friends over for a dinner for the 4th of July. I have my menu but am in need of a yummy dessert. Can anyone help with recipes? Thanks!
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #2  
Failure is not an OPTION!

S/C/G: 276/187/145

Height: 5'6

this is great fun and creative cheese cake. They use strawberries and blueberries to make the american flag. I love it and it taste great, even with all my substitutions, and its fast and easy to make. IT has a light cheese cake taste to it. Enjoy . When I made this the calories yield out to about 180 cals a serving (with my substutions). This makes 8 servings

No Bake Cheese Cake

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened (use fat free cream cheese to cut cals)

1/3 cup sugar (splenda substitue)

2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping ( light or no sugar whip cream)

1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.) (subsitute make your own with low fat graham crackers or by low fat pie crust)

1 pt. (2 cups) strawberries, halved

1/3 cup blueberries

BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.

SPOON into crust.

REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until set. Arrange strawberries and blueberries in rows on top of cheesecake to resemble flag. (Or, arrange fruit in other desired design on top of cheesecake.) Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/recipes/Ca...heesecake.html
love1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

A simple thing I do for Canada Day is to serve angel food cake with cool whip and strawberries (our flag is red and white), you can add blueberries for a red, white and blue theme.

Or . . .

Make the ww pop cake using vanilla cake mix and diet sprite. Use cool whip and food colouring to make red, white and blue "icing" to decorate the cake.
You can buy white paillets or cake decorations from a store and use those for the stars.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #4  

Default Pop cake

I have never heard of Pop Cake - is there a recipe?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:38 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Diet pop cake

I got this off the 3fc ww desserts board:

One box cake mix (you can use any brand)

I 12-oz can of diet soda (your choice brand or flavour)

Directions:
Mix the diet pop with the cake mix and pour into a greased/sprayed baking pan.

Bake according to box directions, but check often.

Top with FF cool whip mixed with 1 small box FF SF pudding mix

1 box of cake mix is 48 points for the box.
1 diet coke is 0 points.

48\12 = 4 points per serving. You can make 24 cupcakes and they are 2 points each. but the piece of cake is 4 points!

These are some variations that people make.

Chocolate cake mix with diet cherry coke. Mix sf cherry jello powder with cool whip for the "icing". Keep refridgerated.

Vanilla/white cake mix with diet orange soda. Mix sf orange jello powder with ff coolwhip for "icing". Keep refrigerated.

Vanilla/white cake mix with diet 7-up or sprite. Once cake is cooled make some small holes in the top of the cake about an inch or two depending on depth of cake. Make some sf lemon jello and let cool at room temperature. When jello has cooled pour liquid into hole in cake. Refrigerate until jello has set. Mix sf jello powder with ff cool whip for icing.

I suppose you could do the same with ther other flavours too.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #6  

Default Thanks

I now have several good ideas for my dessert.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #7  

I just got this from a list im on and thougth it looked good

Fluff-tastic Frozen Peanut Butter Cups

We found this awesome recipe on the Aimee's Adventures site. Aimee has tons of great recipes! These frozen peanut butter treats are almost too good to be true. YOU MUST TRY THEM!

1 (8 oz.) Container Fat Free Cool Whip
1/3 Cup Reduced Fat Creamy (or Chunky) Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup

Line a 12 cupcake pan with cupcake holders (foil ones work best). Combine 1 Cup of Cool Whip and the peanut butter, with a whisk. Fold in remaining Cool Whip. Divide the mixture into the liners evenly (approx. 2 1/2 tablespoons each). Top each cup with a dollop of chocolate syrup. Freeze.

Serves: 12
Per Peanut Butter Cup: 73 Calories; 2g Fat, 2g Protein; 10 carbs, Fiber: 0g
(2 WW points if you're counting)
shorebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #8  

I just had this over the weekend, it tastes like a strawberry shortcake dessert without the cake.... and it's easy!

1 Box of cook and serve vanilla pudding-sugar free
Make this according to the package, then add:
1 dry box of strawberry SF jello and 1 cup of fresh strawberries (cut)

Let this set up and top with cool whip free.
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #9  

Thanks for the good recipes.

The other day a friend of mine gave me this one. Now all I have to do make the decision.

Triple Berry Trifle
4 WW Pts per serving

1 prepared angel food cake (13 ounces) - I used the loaf size Angel Food cake from the grocery store)
1 lemon
1 quart strawberries, (about 1 pound), hulled and chopped
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 pint blueberries, divided (2 cups)
1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 containers (6 ounces each) blended fruit raspberry low-fat yogurt (I used the Weight Watcher Raspberry 1 pt. yogurt)
Fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)

Cut angel food cake into 1-inch cubes; place in large bowl and set aside.

Zest lemon to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Reserve one strawberry for garnish. Coarsely chop strawberries. In a bowl, combine lemon zest, juice, strawberries and powdered sugar; mix well. Reserve 1/4 cup of the blueberries for garnish. Add remaining blueberries to strawberries; mix gently.

In a bowl, combine 2 cups of the whipped topping and yogurt.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of trifle bowl. Top with one-third of the berry mixture and one-third of the yogurt mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Create a strawberry fan with reserved strawberry. Garnish trifle with strawberry fan, remaining blueberries and raspberries, if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Yield: 10 servings
Old 06-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #10  

Wow, I'm excited about trying this! Yummy!!!
KROLDRIDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #11  
banned

yeah, me too!
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #12  

I think the Cool Whip really makes the difference. Maybe put some strawberries on the Pop cake and it would be amazing. Thanks for the recipe.
KissMyConverse is offline   Reply With Quote