Old 06-22-2006, 06:05 AM   #1  

Default only 1 lite?

Hi, I really like this diet. I always did well when WW had exchanges, I need the structure. I also like all of the choices HOwever, is anyone else concerned with the amount of sugar in the bars? I am a firm believer in not denying myself, and I do like a sweet so it fits right in, but two may be too much for me. Is it ok if I replace one with food? How would I do that?

I was thinking I need more dairy, so a cup of ffplain yogurt is 110 cals with a 1/2 cup of fiber one is 50 cals to replace a bar. what do you all think?
momofgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:33 AM   #2  
PurpleSunshine

I can't really comment on replacing a bar. I know from what I've read they either recommend doing them or not doing them. I know one bar is 1S and 1/2 P.......so you could try a replacement for those exchanges?
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #3  

I felt the same as you. I asked my COD about it, and they told me to add some extra chicken to my salad at lunch or dinner and only do one bar. The funny thing, too, was she said not to tell anyone she told me it was okay. Gotta love those CODs.

My hangup was I didn't want to be dependent on bars my whole life. I didn't love them THAT much. I found substitutes in the Kashi go lean crunchy bars, but I don't eat one every day. Mainly on days that I am on the go and need a quick high-protein snack.
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

Christie - I'm the same way - plus with the amount of carbs in those - you could easily have something you craved alot easier as long as you added a little protein with it - like for instance crackers and cheese
Old 06-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #5  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

I love my bars though- I am doing Luna Bars now, in fact I am eating one right now. It satisfys that sweet craving. I used to be so bad with cookies and now I never crave them because I get my fix with the bars. I am not worried about the sugar, compared to what I used to eat, this is nothing.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #6  
PurpleSunshine

Lisa - I do agree - if you have major sweet cravings or even medium - they do help alot - I used them alot at first, but not as much since I've changed my program around.....I do have them every now and then!!! I think the Kashi crunchy ones are my ultimate favorite!!! I love the new choco almond one - just melts in the mouth