South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:22 PM   #1  
Time to get trim

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Default new to this

hello everyone

i am here to lose 90lbs . Sounds like a lot. well i am getting married in june of 2007 and want to be able to walk down that isle all comfortable and to be able to wear my dream dress.But i think what i lack is the motivation to get up and exercise each day and give up potatoes!! i need some help to steer me in the right direction.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #2  

Hi
I'm new here to. I am actually starting on Monday. And I am here for a similar reason. My hubby and I are renewing our vows in Apirl. I think you'll do very good and any suggestions you have couldn't hurt. Us newbies got to stick together. lol
Old 06-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

dinach!
Congratulations on you upcoming nuptials! Maybe you should go shopping for your dream gown now, to give you some added motivation!
You will find alot of help & encouragement here, as well as advice and great recipes!
You'll probably also find that you won't feel as hungry as you used to. I tried different plans over the years, but this has been the best for me, great weight loss, good food & I'm never starving! Weight loss w/out being hungry?!? The only thing I had to work at is getting the recommended amount of water in each day.
My DH never comments on my weight, yet the other day he said, 'how's my skinny wife?', (I'm not skinny!) I don't have self esteem issues, but boy that really made me feel great & gave me the added motivation----not going to eat that cookie!!!
You can do it!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #4  

wickedharem!
Thats so neat, to renew your vows! How many years have you been married? I would like to do that, maybe on our 20 yr anniversary (3 more years)!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #5  
Time to get trim

Hey there

why thank you and i am sure you will do fantastic. congrats on the renewing of your vows. well hhmmm where do i start?!?!?! well i am also new to the SBD but i have gotten a couple of tips on how and what portions to eat during the day. is that something you are intrested in or do you know that already?? and any tips from you are most welcomed. and yes we do need to stick together to achieve all our goals.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

and to The Beach!

Yes, Newbies need to stick together but there are lots of oldies in this part of the coop who have a wealth of knowledge and experience with this lifestyle.

First of all, have you got the book and read it thoroughly? You should also check out the stickies in this part of the Beach and in the FAQ section. Pay particular attention to the revised Phase I food list! The book may be the old version.

Post lots and join us in the daily where we chat about what's happening in our lives and sometimes even talk diet!

Once again a big WELCOME!
Old 06-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #7  
Time to get trim

Hey Luc's mom

thanks for that motivation i really need it. my problem is that i am a simple eater. and i dont really like fish except for lobster and shrimps so no salmon or anyother types of fish for me. YUCK!! lol. but i want to give this a try i need to lose this weight once and for all.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #8  
Time to get trim

thanks so much ruthxxx
i got the book and readi it thoroughly. and i am ready to start my journey. I was reading that you started a challenge for june. will you be starting one for july???
Old 06-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #9  

Dinach,
I think shrimp is so easy & fast to use! It can be a bit pricey when you have a family to feed, but I love cooking with it. There's a recipe for a shrimp wrap in the SBD cookbook, that looks so delicious. If you want, I'll look it up and let you know.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:17 PM   #10  

I actually tried to read the book but to be honest it was kinda dry. But i do have friends that told me what I need to do so it should be no problem. They're great they said they are so there if I have any questions.

How many years have you been married?

Well next year it will be 5 but we didn't get to have wedding (lack of money and 3 kids put a dent in our plan ) So we just kinda ran away and did it. But next year we are going all out.

I agree w/ Luc's mom check out a few gowns and use as incentive to acheive what you want. Great motivator.

Oh as for excercising I think it isnt because you dont want to do it, it's because you dont like to do it. You need to like what you do so that way it wn't be a chore it'll be fun. Like me I like to dance it doesn't matter what kinda as long as the beat is good. Especially when it's hip hop or latin but I absolutly LOVE belly dancing. ( it's great on abs) try out a few programs. You can check out fit tv a 9:00 a.m. or at 5:00 p.m. (the show is called All Star Workouts) and they have a different type of work out everyday that way you can best guage what you like to do. Or you can use it as your own personal trainer. Hope that helps.

Last edited by wickedharem; 06-21-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dinach, yes, we start a new weightloss target every month which seems to work better than weekly weighing in. There is an exercise challenge too. One of the MODs will set it up towards the end of next week.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #12  
Time to get trim

shrimp wrap sounds really good i will have to look that up. is it for phase 1?? because i am on phase 1 right now.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #13  
Time to get trim

that sounds great i am looking forward to this challenge.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #14  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi and welcome Dinach and Wickedharem
I'm rather new to this too. Day 7 of SB today. It's been pretty easy so far and today is the only day that I've been hungry. I will tell you, that if it wasn't for Ruthxxx I probably wouldn't have continued. She has been great.
Everyone seem genuinely interested in each post, so I know you'll get all the support you'll need here. Looking forward to getting to know you both.

JPS
Old 06-21-2006, 05:30 PM   #15  

Dinach- the lettuce wrappers w/ shrimp are listed as phase 2 in the SBD cookbook (orange cover) I don't know why-maybe the hoisen sauce has sugars in it- I am sure someone can tell us.
Ingredients: peanut oil, shrimp, celery, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger,hoisen sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, boston lettuce, chopped peanuts.
Closed Thread