Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies, #79

Hello!!!!

Welcome to the Loozingist thread on the web!

We're McSkinney's Loozing Floozies and we're so glad you found us!!!! We're here to motivate, support and encourage, so if we sound like you're kind of folks, WELCOME!!!! Now, pull up a chair and join in the fun!

Shelley
Cheryl
Gayle
Dee
Janice
Suzy
Lynneye
Chris
Linda

Don't forget to go back to thread #78 and catch up on all the summer fun!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #2  

Debbi-That's great news!! It always feel wonderful to go down a size.

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread. You are getting to be a pro at this.

No running again today. My heel was feeling fine this morning, but really started hurting again at work today. I hate this. I'm afraid I'll start making excuses and get out of the habit of running.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #3  
Losing it!

Cheryl, you are a sweetie pie for making me an angel! LOL!
THANKS FOR STARTING THE THREAD!

Shelley, maybe you should go to a foot doctor and have him check it out? I know you want to stay in the habit of running but I would really hate for you to do something to damage your heel if there is something else going on.

Debbi, I bet you are THRILLED with your new size!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #4  

Gayle, I started to give you the and me the but then I decided I should stick to the facts, ma'am, just the facts

At any rate, I couldn't go wrong with Shelley (the runner) and our on-board Princess Beach Bum

I'll do better with the rest of the girls next time (when I've gotten to know them a little better )

Anyone heard from Carol, Doni, Sherry, Debbie, Ramona or Vicky lately?

I'm still working on my idea (you all know what I'm talking about). Bear with me.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Thank you for thinking I'm an angel Cheryl! We all know I can be a some of the time too! Of course I'm usually and not paying attention most of the time!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:35 PM   #6  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Cheryl ~ I love your openings...they are always so much fun to read!

Debbi ~ Congratulations on moving into a smaller size! I think that's a bigger thrill than watching the scale move!

Shelley ~ Check out this site on plantar fasciitis... http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_r...pcategory=Foot I have a friend who has it and I'm wondering if maybe it might be the cause of your heel pain too.

Good luck to Mike tomorrow on his first day! I hope it goes great for him!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Shelley I have plantar fascitis and it is horrible heel pain at times, then I go months and not a twinge. I have to wear gel heel inserts in my shoes and I am fine. When I go barefoot (or wear flip flops) for a few weeks at a time, it comes back. Then I wear sneakers with the inserts for a few days and I fine again.
Good luck to Mike tomorrow!!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:33 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay...label me an idiot, but what in the world is plantar fascitis? I've heard it talked about but have no idea what it really is.

I got my WW at home kit today, so tomorrow, I start back on the program. I painted for 1 1/2 hr this morning, cleaned the shop with my husband and did 30 min at the gym. I think that's enough activity for me today.

Time for bed. C ya in the morning.

chris
Old 06-21-2006, 12:44 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Doing happy dance for Mike & Shelley!!!!
with the new job Mike!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:24 AM   #10  

You all are so sweet! I can always depend on my Floozie friends to keep my chin up.

Chris-Good luck on the WW at home. I just emailed WW about beginning a meeting at our school. I think there would be plenty of people interested. Maybe if I didn't have to get in the car to go to a meeting I'd actually enjoy it instead of online. I really need motivation right now. What with not being able to run and eating everything in sight, I am really needing the motivation.

Lynne-I'm pretty sure that's what I have. I can't wear low flip flops or go barefoot right now. It feels better when I have my running shoes on, but if I put them on, I'll run. I am trying to not do it this week only. Since I won't be in town to do a 10 miler on Sat., it may help.

Cheryl-I have only heard from Vicki, after I sent her a picture of Becky graduating. I am hoping she is lurking around here.

Gayle-You always have a way of making my day start off cheery!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Shelley go pick up some gel inserts, I have the ones that are just for heels, not the rest of the foot. The ones I got were $10 for the two. I take them out of my shoes at night and wash, dry in AM to put back in. See if they help. I was amazed when I did that, I was OK,the next day. My Dr. also said to wear New Balance, not other sneakers for awhile.

Chris, good luck with the WW at home. I am going to the weekly meetings here. Just more disciplined for me. Plantar Fascitis is a problem with the bottom of the foot, heel hurts to put it down on the ground. It is a muscle and ligament thing usually from over use. It is the muscles that connect the toes to the heel, but most pain is felt in the heel area.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Shelley, The bottoms of my feet hurt on a regular basis too. Flip flops kill me. Mine is from having RA though and the best thing for me is some supportive tennis shoes but I can go barefoot. When I first get up in the morning, my feet feel like I'm walking on gravel or marbles. ((HUGS)) and hoping your feet feel better soon.

My first morning on WW..and doing good so far. My sis and I are taking the kids to the park for lunch and then to the wading pool so the little ones can poop off a bit. The school's do a free lunch program for the kids in the summer time at some of the local parks and the adults are the only one's that have to pay. Kind of a good deal.

Well better go. I did get to the gym last night so I feel pretty good about that. I'll see what my sister has in store for me tonight. I think we might go for a bike ride.

Chris
Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #13  
In it for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrily
The bottoms of my feet hurt on a regular basis too. Flip flops kill me. Mine is from having RA though and the best thing for me is some supportive tennis shoes but I can go barefoot. When I first get up in the morning, my feet feel like I'm walking on gravel or marbles. ((HUGS)) and hoping your feet feel better soon.

My first morning on WW..and doing good so far.
Chris,

My feet used to feel like I was walking on needles. Was very painful. But I've found the more weight I lose, the less they hurt. I guess my body was complaining against all that lard I was dragging around!

How has your first day on WW been? Hang in there. It does get easier and becomes a way of life and I rarely miss the bad foods.

Last edited by LindaB763; 06-21-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:19 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Leaving at 4:00 in the morning girls, so I may not be back to post. I will be back home Tuesday for sure. Just finished making 197 jello-shooters! Doesn't take much to entertain us hick-folk! LOL! I am leaving Cheryl in charge to keep all of you in line and to keep all of you posting! I want to come back to some juicy happenings and gossip!
I will be thinking of all of you while I'm away!
Oh, ya, I'll also pat a cowboy or two on the butt for ya all since you can't make it!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Linda...going good so far. Made a small boo boo for lunch but I still have flex points to use, so no worries. I kind of think the more weight I get off of me, the better my joints will feel too.

Check back in a while. Gotta figure dinner and get the daughter off to dance.

Chris
Closed Thread