Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/230/150

Height: 5'5

Default Nausea

Ok Ladies I am having a dilemia.....I really want to puke just thinking about the food choices I have to make from...I LOVE my vegtables.....but seriously can not think about eggs chicken meat of any kind without wanting to puke....Let me clue you in a little of my life and I want yall to be honest on what you think I should even if it to go off the way of eating... I have lost 12 pound in the induction phase, which has kept me going, but the nausea is horrible for me because I do not want another thing of protein for the rest of my life. Ok I have NEVER EVER liked meat ever. I mean I would eat some chicken mixed in a casserole if that is considered meat eating. I love tuna but only with crackers. I have tried hard to eat it without and I have to hold my nose and swallow, because I want to gag. HELP!! I am severly overweight and want to lose.....I know I have nausea because I find that I ahte the meat sources so much that I dont have much other to choose from so I just don't eat. Ok give me any suggestions good or bad!

Oh yea I have had previous success on ATKINS last year I lost 30 pounds in 1 and half months...but I got to this point also then, and it took me a year to even think about trying again because I could not stand the thought of eating protien!!

Thanks in advance!!
chunkeymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Why don't you try calorie counting with FitDay? That way you can eat what you want, not what you are allowed. Just a thought, I am certainly no expert, they will weigh in shortly. I personally think that Atkins is very unhealthy, but that is just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you do!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I don't at all think Atkins is unhealthy, but it may not be the right choice of a new lifestyle for you. If it makes you nauseated, I'd personally try something different. I love all kinds of meat, chicken and fish and this way of eating has been great for me. I also eat lots of veggies, salad, whole grains, very little fat, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. My daughter is using a low-fat plan instead because she loves her bread and low-fat treats. She tried Atkins and didn't like it. It's definitely not for everybody. Good luck in whatever works best for you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadEnough
I personally think that Atkins is very unhealthy, but that is just my opinion.
Then I suspect you dont know alot about the diet.

As for suggestions....I would have to say, try something else. If you cannot tolerate meat and eggs why not switch to calorie counting, or even weight watchers, but make lower carb choices.

Many of us do atkins simply because the carbs are our enemies. The slighest starchy carb, or sugar filled fruit sets us off to craving ****. So you really should pick what works for you, and be able to enjoy most of it.
I dont know of any vegetarian atkins followers, but you might want to check the atkins website, they (if I remember correctly) have a section for vegetarians. Im not saying you are a vegetarian, but your food choices go that way, and you just might find some useful info there.

Good Luck to you
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:02 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadEnough
. I personally think that Atkins is very unhealthy
I can't begin to tell you how many times I've heard people make that very statement. It is very unfortunate that when people hear "Atkins" they immediately associate it with eating dozens of eggs, pounds of bacon & tons of butter. Atkins, when done correctly ( and correctly is the key) is quite healthy. I eat plenly of salad, veggies, chicken & fish and I drink plenty of water everyday. Before I went on Atkins my dinner consisted of a box of pop tarts, a half gallon of ice cream, a bag of fritos & a large container of onion dip! Now, THAT is unhealthy!!! I was 245 lbs when I began Atkins...today I am 157 lbs and I feel wonderful. Atkins changed my life and I will forever be grateful

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Sara: How about instead of not eating anything...eating the veggies? Is there ANY type of meat/protein you could our would eat? I don't remember what the book said (if anything) about vegetarians on this WOE.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Sara - I'm sort of in the same boat!
I don't eat any kind of meat except chicken and turkey. I will also eat salmon, shrimp and a few other types of seafood. I thought I would die from the eggs as well.
I have been doing Atkins for 10 weeks and have been doing pretty good with the food choices. I too, thought that perhaps atkins wasn't for me because I am not a meat eater, however, I just eat what I like.
People have told me to try morning star farms veggie patties and sausage and stuff like that. Ididn't because I just don't like sausage (whatevere it's made out of) maybe you do. ALso, it is possibel to steer away from eggs for breakfast all the time if you just break out of that way of thinking. I have not been able to do that. I think having tuna or something like that for breakfast would make me sick!!
I think of 101 ways to make my eggs so that they don't always taste the same. I do the same thing with chicken. You have to be creative but it can be done. Sure there are days when I think, Oh no not tuna again for lunch. but I keep a bigger picture in my head and get past it. In order to keep this WOE for life though, you will have to make compromises and sacrifices. It really does work and it really is a healthy way of eating!
good luck.
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote