Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking I am back with a new goal!

Ok so after being absent for way too long, trying to figure out things and what not, I am back. I have a new goal to drive me to lose this weight. I want to join the US Coast Guard and the recruiter says that I have to get down to 150 lbs. And once I make it in, I have to maintain my weight to that or lower, so I wont have a choice in the matter. I think this would be a good career for me and I will be out on the water which I love and have more important things to worry about other than food. Probably extreme, but losing weight is not the only reason that I am joining. I want to ensure a future for my family and living pay check to pay check is just not the way i want it. So i am back and I need you guys support now more than ever cause it doesnt seem like I am getting it anywhere else. I am going to report in here everymorning before work and as soon as I am done with this i am going to create myself a ticker to keep track. So please help me out ladies, i wouldnt ask for the help if I didnt need it. I am making a commitment to go to the gym every morning and try and swim every evening. I started induction today so lets see how i do.

-Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on that decision Sandra and welcome back!
Now, THAT'S a goal!
I too have found that I do a lot better when I have to report in here to account for my screw ups and to get the support I need.
It really is the way to go!
Sounds like you have a good plan. You've come a long way already, jut thnk of this as the finally hurdle and now you have a good prize waiting at the end. SOunds like a great career choice! Do like I do and just when I don't think I can run another few steps or do one more exercise I see my kids faces and do it for them. I want to be alive and healthy for a long time for them! Not only do you want that but you also want this career to be able to do the best for them! That's great! Like you said, just check in here constantly. I have noticed that a lot of people have stopped posting. I hope they come back as well. You kind of get to know people after supporting them through there highs and lows and then when they just disappear, it makes me wonder what happened, thinking maybe they just fell off the wagon and gave up. So I'm gals to see you back.
Good luck and I'm sure you'll get all the support you need!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #3  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I'm so happy for you Sandra! I have a family member who retired from the Coast Guard...it's a great career choice with excellent benefits, especially for people with families. What a wonderful motivation!!! Mine is just a pair of jeans
Keep us updated-you've already dropped a very admirable amount of weight, so we all know you can do it!
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Great Sandra, and its so good to see you back!!!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome back Sandra. Good luck with the Coast Guard. That's great. My 17 yr. old step-daughter just signed up for coast guard and is at MEP's today. She will leave after she graduates high school next May. My son is in the Army Reserves. Military is a good thing. Good luck on the weight loss. You can do it. I am almost at goal and started almost a yr. ago. with 89 lbs. to lose. Best wishes for you. I check in here daily and it is literally what keeps me going. My exercise is treadmill and lots of swimming, so I know it works.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

It's great to see you again Sandra! And what an AWESOME goal! We're here to support you
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:27 PM   #7  
GlamourGirl25

Hi Sandra,

I am also "back" and starting OP today, first day of induction. I just posted a new thread, and in it I also stated that this last time around I learned an extrememly valuable lesson - I CAN"T DO IT ALONE!!!!! Because I can't talk myself out of that crazy food obsession, I need others to be accountable for or I can do whatever I want and no one will know. NOT the way to go for me. So anyways, here's some ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!!! and I hope you have a great day.

-glam
Glamourgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote