Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default Back in Kindergarten #11 :)

WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #11 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 AM   #2  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!!! Looks like a warm one in my neck of the woods! I have some gardening to do this afternoon, so I hope it won't be miserable out there.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #3  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Bep, Jules and Ellis!!

My goodness Bep - you just a chatty little thing!! lol Do you write all that you eat during the day or just remember? I try and stay around 1000/1200 a day. So far today 320 calories from a turkey/swiss sandwich from Starbucks.

Gaby is in the hands of Rachel today I didn't have the heart to trek over to the sitter and the freeways are so clogged. I exited yesterday and took the back roads. Wacky overnight happenings..........a lot of odd things going on.....voodoo kind of crap Evenone is named John Boy. I feel like Rosemary - having a baby. lol

btw- what sopa opera are we today???

Thanks for closing Ellis! Give us some friendly advice on how we can have our own MOD and own thread. We wanna share recipes. lol....and Bios and all sorts of fun stuff.

anyway, I have TONS to do!! Chat in a bit.

Michelle Thoughts and Prayers for you today!!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #4  
bep

Susan Yes, I log EVERYTHING I eat. Every bite. I keep a simple journal in a Word document right here on my laptop and constantly keep it updated. I try not to go under 1200 or over 1400 in a day. I usually keep it right at 1200 though. The hard time is when I am out eating what friends make...then I have to give it as close an estimate as I can get without drilling them about what they put in it. On days when I am going to be with friends, I leave as much of my caloric 'budget' that I possibly can for that part of the day.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #5  
bep

By the way...I was just outside with the kiddos. I was misting my herb garden. Well...I picked a piece of mint and broke it up to release the aroma. Then I tried teaching them how to sniff it. It was hilarious. They would put their little noses right up to it, blow out through their nose, then go "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" like they actually smelled it! They are so much fun. I don't think they ever figured it out. Oh well...they are so little still. They will appreciate their Mommy's gardens when they get older.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:45 AM   #6  
kitty Momo

You are so organized Bep! I just count in my head the calories. I am usually at my limit with 2 trips to the vending machine. haha.
What do you do with the mint?? Lemonade? What other herbs do you have?? Where do you live?? and how many kids do you have??
See, if we had a Bio thread I would know all this...and a birthday thread!!
I am annoyed with our front office. One of the ladies up there asked our assistant to cover for her today until 11 am. She needed to ask me first.....only because I am the supervisor and might wanna know where my worker is....duh....not that I would have anything for her to do ...because I wouldn't dare plan that way.....cause it isn't the first time they have done this....just annoying - no thought that my assistant has to answer to someone. I should have made an issue of it before......my fault, bad me....bad, bad, bad..lol

chat later!! I have to work!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-20-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #7  
bep

Susan STAY AWAY FROM THAT VENDING MACHINE!!! bad, bad, naughty vending machine!!!

Hmmm...what herbs...chives, oregano, basil, parsley, terragon, mint...I can't remember at this moment if I have others...

Hmmmm...I live in the northern half of the USA, EST zone. I dunno about handing out more info right out here in the open...never know who might be secretly lurking. It doesn't take much for an experienced 'bad person' to figure out where to find you these days.

I have 2 kiddos...one just turned 3 (boy) this month, the other is 1 (girl).

Time to go make the kiddos some lunch! Mmmmmm....me too...I'm starving!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

You already told me you have a herb garden. I can find you on that Bep lol
Northern part??? hmm, narrows it down.....I will find you in a couple of years!
I have given so many clues on myself.....doesn't ANYONE wanna stalk me!!!! ugh,.... I am nice I walk real slow - I like heavy breathing -

I am staying away from the vending machine!! They do have trail mix though - can't be too bad??

ok- goin go to get these files out of here and keep busy and out of trouble.

My goal is 1 pound this week!!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

some tips that I stole from somewhere else...

1] Pan-fry or saute foods with a non-stick spray or low-calorie butter substitute.

2]Bake or broil instead of frying.

3]Eat high-fiber foods, such as a bran muffin instead of the morning donut.

4]Use sugar substitutes when sweetening foods and beverages.

5]Order from the light menus now offered at many restaurants, or purchase low-calorie or reduced-fat products at the grocery store.

6]Try a meal plan using "exchange lists" based on foods grouped together according to similar food values. Most exchange lists include several "free" foods: those lower than 20 calories per serving, such as many low-calorie, sugar-free foods and beverages.

7]Never skip meals. Eat three to six times a day in smaller portions to keep from getting hungry.

8]Use a smaller plate at mealtime to satisfy your psychological need to see a full plate.

9] Eat and chew slowly. Learn to stop eating before you feel full. (It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain that it is full!)

10]Weigh yourself on a regular schedule, but don't become a slave to your scale.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #10  
bep

Wow...that plain ole sums up how I am dieting! Except I don't use sweetners (except in my 1 diet pepsi a day). If I am going to make something sweet, I use regular sugar (don't want kids & hubby to have to eat substitutes). If I MUST have something sweet, I either pick something with VERY little cals in it, or I just cut a 1" x 1" piece. Or just 3 - 5 M&M's out of the jar, put the jar away, then eat my few M&M's. I just prefer minimalism over deprivation. Of course, I have to include it in my caloric 'budget' for the day.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #11  
bep

Susan...Hey...where'd ya go??? All I am seeing now is a WAY too yummy looking Starbucks drink!!! That is naughty to put tempting things in your avatar! By the way...you have to put an updated pic of you up soon. You said the other pic was a couple years back. Come on now...almost everyone else has posted an updated pic! It's your turn!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

It is a low calorie Starbuck drink. It can be yummy and look low calorie.....Nothing worth drooling over - SNAP out of it!! Taste like chalk!!

you are going to get me in trouble Bep!!! lol

I have a roll to get developed. My hair is longer and I am 25 pounds heavier. I am also 1 1/2 years older....imagine all that and you have an updated photo Bep *sigh*....you are so demanding I can't do anything right, can I??? lol

Lets chat lunch!! I am hungry for a crisp bed of lettuce and low cal dressing - yum- with some cool cucumbers and ripe tomatoes....some awesome protein tuna.....yum, yum , yum.....

One avatar that I saw read - Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a crack house for vitamins..... lol
Old 06-20-2006, 01:32 PM   #13  
ugggg.....

Hi girlies--I am home again sick--just not feeling well but I wanted to pop in and say hi!!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JULES...I'm sorry you are not feeling well today. I do remember you mentioned that on the other thread...being home and I forgot to say something. I get sidetracked at times trying to keep up with all that's going on around here sometimes. Especially when everyone posts and I miss a couple of days. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

SUSAN...I love the new avatar! Looks so good, yummy to my tummy! Love the one about McDonald's and crack, lol! That darn assistant...what is wrong with her? I would hate to be the boss of others though...not good at telling others what to do. Well, actually I think I could, just would choose not to. Are you getting used to your schedule yet? Did Miss Gaby go to VBS today? How is Rachel and Rebecca doing? Just full of all kinds of questions aren't I? How about All My Children today? After all...we are back in Kindergarten. Thanks for sharing the tips!

BEP...how the heck do you keep M & M's around and only eat 5 at a time? There's no way I could do it. I tried writing down everything but found it wasn't something I felt I could do the rest of my life. When I went to WW I did good with it and a lot of the point values stuck in my head, which is good. But not going, it's not something I can do. I think anyone who does it though is awesome! It really does take a lot to do that day in and day out.

Well, I am feeling tired, ick. Actually sleepy...don't understand it because I get enough sleep. I tried to get up at 7 this morning but just couldn't do it. So didn't get to the park until 8 for my walk. I am still dragging but I am glad I did it. It always makes me feel better to get my exercise done and out of the way...but some mornings it is sooooo hard to get out of bed. Not sure what's up with that. Anyway...I got my walk in, came home and took Ernie dog to a park close to home for a short walk. The doggy is so cute! You say the word 'ride' and he goes nuts! And he actually was excited about going to the park. He can't go far though, he's getting old and doesn't get around and play like he used to. He got used to going to the park when we had the house listed and when we took it off the market it stopped. So going to make it a habit of taking him at least three times a week. After that came home and had to run to the library to return some books. Now I am doing some laundry. Drank three of my four bottles of water and took my vitamins. I honestly don't think I can drink more than that. I have gotten 5 or 6 on a few days but not everyday. Drinking water for me is like taking some nasty tasting cough medicine, or Mylanta-GROSS! Anyway...blah, blah, blah...I'll be back!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Critsi Is Ernie your doggie? I didn't know you had a dog.

Jules & Cristi Hope you gals feel better today!!

Are you getting used to your schedule yet? Yes!!
Did Miss Gaby go to VBS today? I don't know what Rachel is doing with her!lol
How is Rachel and Rebecca doing? They need to get on a schedule. They did yoga yesterday. lol
Just full of all kinds of questions aren't I? It is ok!!
How about All My Children today? Can I be Tara?? Remember her waaaaay back when she was with Bret. She was the daughter of Joe I think. She was really nice and sweet......can I be her??

I think I will go get me a salad....
Closed Thread