Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 10:05 AM   #1  

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin #118~~

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:07 AM   #2  

Hi All

Well the sun is shining and it is warmer than yesterday. Believe it or not I saw the first flakes of the year (snow that is!). I am not ready for winter yet. I guess everyone is gearing up for the extra long Thanksgiving weekend. It was only last year when my BIL moved to the US that I realized that your Thanksgiving lasts 2 days before the weekend. Sounds good to me! But then again we get Boxing Day in Canada, which I love! Who wants to work the day after Christmas? I will actually have a fair amount of time off around the holidays. I will be off on the 19th for my root canal and then will come back to work for 2 days and then will be off again until January 7th. I am really looking forward to that.

Jen: I think that is a great plan, to get all of your school work out of the way so that you can just enjoy yourself once you are up and about. In fact all the talk of your schoolwork inspired me yesterday. I am proud to say that I finally finished my last case study for my Training and Development class! It is such a relief. I had been struggle with it for over a month now! And I can normally whip those things off in a day. As long as my advisor is happy with it, I can start preparing to write the exam. I am actually going to write my exam before delivering my final presentation. I just thought it would be easier that way and she is really flexible. I could probably use some “creativity” pills for that presentation.

Skeeter: High in the low 80s? And here I was excited to see that it was supposed to be 46F here today! Ahhh nothing better than the fresh smell of racoon poop! Do your poochies like to roll in it? With everyone admiring ice-skating, I almost feel compelled to go now. I guess it is just something we take for granted. The last time I went skating it was almost 11 years ago, when dh and I were first dating. We thought it would be romantic to go for my birthday. However, the temperature was –25F!!!! Of course since we first dating neither of us wanted to admit that we were cold and just wanted to go home! I am looking forward to see those pics. Let me know when they make it into the album. I also need to find some time to get some more in as well.

Jojo: My kitty thought I was a mattress to sleep on yesterday evening. Which was okay until she got really happy and started kneading me with those sharp razors, which she calls claws. :O There is nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep. You will probably feel bagged all day today. Then you will be too tired to sleep tonight – vicious circle. Can you tell that I have been there before? Maybe it would have been good to have that meeting today – you could have caught up on that much needed sleep!

Marlana: We should get together today – as they say Misery Loves Company. Dh and I are all right again. I hate to admit it but I think I was most of the problem. I have just been really miserable lately and I don’t seem to be able to shake it. At least when we were fighting I could blame it on him but now I only have myself to blame. That’s no fun! Skating isn’t as peaceful as it looks. Your ankles wobble and get sore. Just when you start skating gracefully (after being passed by a group of 6 year olds) you realize that you have no way of stopping! You either throw yourself in to the boards or into a snow bank. Also I seem to be a natural at falling. And let me tell you ICE HURTS! How’s that for being grouchy! So don’t feel bad you are not the only “silly” one this morning.

Well enough for now. I think I will go treat myself to a club soda before my next meeting starts.

Have a good one!

Tobey
Old 11-21-2001, 05:36 PM   #3  
Senior Chick

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I walked 2 miles again this morning then started getting ready for tomorrow. I gave both the dogs a bath and washed all the bed stuff. After lunch I started on the Jell-O no bake pies to take tomorrow. I made a peanut butter and a chocolate. Then I fixed the green bean casserole. I will take it in a cooler and bake it when we get to Orlando. I am really looking forward to seeing my kids and grandchildren. Okay everyone, I put 7 new pictures in the album last night. I added pictures of my breakfast bar with the fish tanks. The two things with the black covers are the tanks. I also added some pictures of our last 4 wheeler trail ride and one of me holding 4 walking sticks. If some of you don't have the password or address for the album, let my or Marlana know so that we can give it to you. It is hard to keep up with who has it now and who doesn't. Sorry if we have missed you with the info.

JoJo~I made that dreamcicle and we loved it. I couldn't believe how good it was. Thanks for the recipe. I love those easy ones. They make up for the not so easy ones like the green bean casserole that I fixed today. I agree with you about the bettas, you have to really be a nut for them to get into them. It's like having a goldfish though. Change the water once a week and feed them daily. I will be the first to admit that I am a little nutty when it comes to animals though.

Tobey~I'll try not to brag so much about this winter weather but it is the whole reason that I live here. I basically stay indoors from about June until October because of the heat and bugs. This is my time of year to do all the outdoors things. We hope to have a wetter winter this year so we can ride more. Last year was so dry that we hardly rode at all. The pictures are in the album. I am holding 4 walking sticks that aren't finished but you can kind of get an idea what they look like. I thought that I would send one that is a little long and you or your mom can cut it off at the bottom to fit the way she wants it. I wanted you to see the one with the three knots on the top. We sometimes find them with one or more knots or crooks to give them a little different character. Thank goodness the boys don't like to roll in some of the stuff that we find out there. One of them did roll in turkey stuff once and couldn't understand why I was yelling so much and had to gave him 2 baths in a row and gave the turkey away the same day. He thought he smelled wonderful.

Marlana~I always said that the way to my husband's heart was NOT through his stomach but another route. That worked really well for many years because I didn't cook much. Well, about the time that I put all the sexy lingerie in the back of the drawer, I also discovered the stove and the microwave. By golly, there is a route through his stomach straight to his heart. You should have seen him licking all the bowls today. I didn't even do that while I was cooking but called him in instead. I figured that tomorrow would be bad enough without me ruining it today, so I didn't lick the bowls or beaters. I sure hope that you work through your feelings about your sister and realize that you have to let it go. You need to be able to get it out of your mind and quit dwelling on it so much. She is doing what she wants to do no matter what anyone else thinks and she will have to live with that. You might have to be there for her in a few years when everything falls apart for her though. Have a good day tomorrow and just think about that granddaughter and your daughter.

Well, I sure hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. I won't be back here until Friday. It is a 5 hours of driving to and from Orlando tomorrow. That means we will only stay about 5 hours or less to visit. But it will be worth it for me and hubby will enjoy the food and the grandkids. He likes my kids okay but can't stand some of their choices in mates and it causes a lot of friction. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a nice peaceful visit with no fireworks.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:02 PM   #4  

Hi -de-ho!!!

Oh man, the time crept by so slow at work today. I was very pre-occupied and had a hard time concentrating cause I was thinking about having 4 days off. Yayyyyy!!!

I am feeling a little better tonight. I didn't take the Allegra cause it just didn't seem to be helping me much. I got some Sudafed out of the medicine cabinet at work and it really helped alot. I was really looking forward to seeing the cousins baby. She was born 3 months early and is probably about 4months old now but I doubt if I get to close to her with this cold. I don't think her parents would appreciate me passing my germs onto her.

Marlana, I wanted to tell you about my brother. I have a really hard time around him and don't know if I'll ever feel close to him. He is a recovering alcoholic and although I'm very proud of him for quitting drinking, its just hard to explain my feelings. When he was drinking heavily, he never came around or called anyone in the family unless he was drunk. One thing I remember is his smell, booze and B O, not a very good combination and it grosses me out. I think thats one of the reasons I don't care for bars cause I can't stand that smell. Anyway, he'd call and talk really stupid cause he was drunk as a skunk and those calls really affected me so bad. Sometimes when he called I got diarreah, thats how bad it upset me. I used to obcess over them and I'd get depressed, have trouble sleeping, etc. I used to tell him not to call if he couldnt call sober and then when my mom got sick and he'd pull that crap with me, I went off on him so many times that he quit calling. He finally quit drinking almost 2 years ago and I haven't heard from him for gosh, probably since last Christmas and I feel guilty about that but yet I feel better that I dont have to talk to him. Anyway, your situation sort of reminded me of you and your sister in as far as how upset you get over her situation. I kinda got to rambling on about my situation and I'm not sure if I was making a point or not. Maybe since you opened up to your sister some, she'll quit talking to you about it so much. I hope so. Have fun with your family tomorrow

Skeeter, I'm glad you like the dreamcicle pudding. Told ya it was good. Its what I'm making to take to dinner tomorrow. I will check out the album so I can see your new pictures. Way to go with the 2 mile walk. I can be a little nutty about animals to but I could never picture myself raising 3 new born squirrels. When I see a squirrel, I think of Skeeter. And I couldn't picture myself walking around in the woods where there are bears!!!! I would imagine you and your dh will enjoy those woods alot more than you did last year when it was so dry and you were worrying over the fires. Have fun with your grandkids and kids tomorrow.

Tobey, Oh no, snow flakes. Yikes. Well, by this time last year, we'd already had lots of snow and so far we haven't seen a flake yet but I heard them say on the news possibly rain or snow this weekend. It has been cold tho. It warmed up pretty good this afternoon and they are calling for the 50's tomorrow. Sounds like perfect weather for Thanksgiving. Your right about not wanting to work the day after Xmas. I've got the day before scheduled off but now you got me thinking about taking the day after off to. Hmmmm!!!! Maybe I will. My cat wants on my lap as soon as I sit down. Luckily for me, she is declawed so I don't have to worry about that when she starts kneading. She and her sister ruined a nice recliner we used to have because of their claws. I did have a little trouble falling asleep when I went to bed although I dozed a little in the chair. I was pretty tired today to. Hopefully I'll get good sleep tonight. At least I don't have to worry about getting up early.

Oh, I ordered this clock from QVC and its really cool. Its called a Smart Clock and it sets itself as soon as you plug it in plus it sets the date to. If you lose power, as soon as it comes back on, it sets itself again. I've had the worst trouble with alarm clocks lately so hopefully this one will last awhile.

Well, I'd better get going. Have a nice day tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2001, 08:02 AM   #5  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
Sorry I've been away all week--combination of busy and lazy! I either got started doing something else, or I overslept.
Just wanted to wish you all a Happy, Happy Turkey Day, and I'll be back sometime this weekend....I have an interview for the Administrative Assistant job on Monday! At least I made it that far. Hope I get it; I like my new boss, but this is a lot more money with a lot less work! Lazy again, uh oh.
Have a good one folks! Must be the week for spats.....Little Man and I got into it last night. We seem to be a tad better today. Maybe it's holiday stress!
Love you all,
Sally
Old 11-22-2001, 10:13 AM   #6  

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!

Gobble! Gobble!

Happy to say that everything is workout between dh and I . In fact we had a fun night last night. After dinner we headed out shopping. Dh wanted to get a new computer game that just came out (boys and their toys) and I needed to get a new purse. I had wanted a new purse for a while but just couldn’t seem to justify it to myself. Well yesterday I had the best luck – the strap on my old purse broke! I also treated myself to a new pair of gloves. Up until now, I had been wearing my Winnie the Pooh gloves with my dress coat – real classy.

Skeeter: I just checked out your new pics. I love ‘em!! My favourite is the one with your 3 boys on the 4 wheeler. Those walking sticks are beautiful. I think my mom will absolutely love one for her birthday. I also think it is a good idea to have a longer one that she can just cut off. I have already picked out her Christmas present. I am getting her a Garden Wagon. It can actually hold up to a ½ ton. Here is the link to it, if you are interested in checking it out. http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page....5474&abspage=2
All of the dogs that my mom has had have been famous for hunting down bear droppings and wearing it like cologne! And if no bears have been around, they normally manage to find a skunk to tango with! I hope that you are enjoying your holiday with your family. Sounds wonderful!

Jojo: Why is that the minutes go by like hours the day before vacation? It is too bad that you will have to admire the baby from a distance. They best part is holding them and tickling them under the chin – until they spit up on you of course.
It is supposed to rain all weekend here as well. Fortunately it won’t be cold enough to snow – whew! Oh you should definitely take the 26th off as well. Having lived in Canada all my life, I just can’t imagine working on the 26th (Boxing Day). Here most people go shopping on Boxing Day. The sales are amazing – similar to the US day after Thanksgiving sales. However, I normally stay inside that day and enjoy family. The stores are way tooooooooooo crazy for me People actually line up outside just to get into the stores. Our kitty still has her claws. She is really good though. She only ever scratches on her scratching post. The only problem, like I mentioned, is just when she kneads you. She always seems to pick the time when you are wearing thin pants too! OUCH!

Sally: Oh I am so happy to see that you haven’t disappeared on us! Hmmm looks like spat fever is going around. I am so glad that dh and I are back to normal. Good luck with your interview in Monday. I am sure that you will knock their socks off. Enjoy your long weekend.

Marlana, Jen, Mb, Boss, and everyone else - Enjoy your holiday and make the most of your time with family and friends.

I am sitting at work thinking of you all!

Tobey

Last edited by TobeyToe; 11-22-2001 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-22-2001, 07:56 PM   #7  

Default HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE

I hope you've all had a great day. Of course I ate to much but I refused to bring anything home. I even left the dreamcicle pudding. Oh man, you should of seen the pies and cobblers. I bet there was over 10 of them. I was way to full to have much more than a sliver from a couple of them.

Well, my dh is now coughing and hacking his head off. Well, you know men, he looks like death. I'm feeling somewhat better, but my nose is so sore from blowing it.

Oh, the baby is a doll, a real miracle baby. She will be 6 months in a week or so and just weights a little over 8 lbs so she has a ways to go yet to catch up but considering she shouldn't of been born until October, I guess she is about the right size. I wish I could of held her but not with a cold.

Tobey, I'm glad to hear things are worked out with dh and that you had a fun night last night. Oh, you and your luck, dang had to get a new purse. Thats terrible. I just bought a little cheapy purse from Walmart a few weeks ago, cost a whole $9 and its a black canvas material, really cute, but it loves my dogs hair. I have to clean it off every day! One of these days I'm going to buy myself a good leather one. I agree, I should take the 26th off to. I'll have to see how many people are planning to be in the office that day first although I"ve been the only one there before and managed just fine. The US has major sales the day after Xmas to. The day after Thanksgiving is considered the start of the Xmas shopping season. I'm having second thoughts about going out in the morning. I'm thinking I may just wait and use my comp time and take an afternoon off instead. I'll miss the early morning sales tomorrow but I didn't see anything I planned to buy anyway.

Sally, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get that job. Is it a big step up for you? I've thought about going in for testing for an AA title but I feel like I've got a couple steps to go before I'll feel qualified. The part of less work sounds really good tho. I could go for a job like that myself. Good luck.

Well, I'm going to get going. Hope everyone is having a good day. Take care.
Old 11-23-2001, 07:15 AM   #8  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
Is everyone out shopping? Or sleeping off the lunch from yesterday?? I almost fell asleep on the couch after dinner yesterday and forgot to take my mother home! I'm so bad, but Mom already knew that. We did have a lovely dinner, and not a lot of leftovers this time, thank goodness, except turkey, and I can deal with that. My little man has started (today!) to watch his cholesterol, so we are going to help each other. He's not overweight, and I don't have high cholesterol, but I figure we can still help each other. If we don't kill each other first.
Anyway, he and the oldest mutt are out at the early bird shopping frenzy getting a $32 computer printer, and $50 monitor for the youngest's Christmas computer. I hope they can fight the crowds! I don't plan to go anywhere today....I'm even saving the grocery store for tomorow.
Tobey, glad you and hubby made up; I hate fighting, but sometimes I just can't help myself. I even know that I'm starting it, but I can't stop! Have a good one!
JoJo, the baby sounds sooooo cute!!!! Sometimes I wish I had another one, but that one would grow up, and I'd have to have another, and you know...... I guess two is okay. My niece has a two month old daughter, and I love getting to see her. Good for you, not bringing home leftovers! We tried to cut back this year and not have so much leftover, and I think it worked.
Mama, hope you had a good Thanksgiving with the daughter and granddaughter, and get a chance to check in with us.
Love to everyone! Hope you all have a good weekend, and get to stop by and tell us about your holiday!
Love,
Sally
Old 11-23-2001, 09:50 AM   #9  

Good morning to you all.

So is everyone all stuffed? I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. My BIL & SIL who live in Boston now, decided to celebrate the American Thanksgiving this year. They invited a whole pile of friends over to their place yesterday. It sounded like a good time. I had a good day yesterday too. The new spice rack that I had custom made came in. I wasn’t expecting it for another month. For the past 6 or 7 years I have been looking for a very large spice rack but couldn’t find one. I love the one my mom has but it is from the 1970’s and there is NO WAY she would ever part with it. I am so happy with how mine one turned out. It is a beautiful wood, wall-mounted rack that holds 60 spice bottles! Until now I have been using 2 spice racks, the top of my stove, and the bottom shelf of kitchen shelving unit to hold everything. Dh has the honours of mounting it for me tonight (think I’ll leave the room for that). I spent the night last night washing the 30 new bottles that I bought to go with it. They are sooo cute. They look like the old canning jars with the metal latches. I found them at a dollar store for 50 cents each! So tonight will be spent making labels and filling them up.

Jojo: Glad to hear that you and hubby were able to have a cold time despite your colds – although it sounds like he is paying for it now. How did you manage to get a way without taking leftovers? Good for you! Oh the baby sounds like such a sweetie – so tiny. I normally buy cheapie purses but I decided to get a better one this time. It was also easier since it was about 40% off. I really love it. It has a built in wallet (which is like my old one) but this one you can actually remove and use it on its one. It is really pretty. It is made of black micro fibre.

Sally: Ahhh – what did your mom need to go home for anyway? Sounds like you had a great time. It’s great that you and hubby are going to work at being healthy together. I have been trying (in a non-pushy way) to get my hubby to eat better. I have started packing him really nice but healthy lunches every day. However, last night he had a fat attack. When I went to go pick up my spice rack, he heard the call of A&W. Although he did do better than normal. He just ordered a burger and took it home and had it with a salad that I made. I know that can’t make him change – it has to be his decision. I never say anything to him when he makes bad choices. Because it is his choice.

Guess that’s it for now. I should hopefully have a chance to check in on the weekend. I am excited as we have our first Christmas party of the year on Saturday. It is great because it is at a friend’s house who only lives 5 minutes away.

Well hopefully the weather is nice where you are today so that you can get out and walk off some of that turkey!

Happy thoughts to you all!

Tobey
Old 11-23-2001, 12:11 PM   #10  

Marlana,

This attachment is for you. I hope you had a nice birthday yesterday.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:37 PM   #11  

Howdy gals! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I have been at this darn computer all day doing homework. My fingers are numb from pounding on the keys, so I won't take the time to respond to everyone, although I'd like to.

Yesterday I went to Grandma's house. She made a great dinner. Of course I ate too much, but that was yesterday. I have been fabulous today. I even had the guts to weigh in today. I'm up 4 lbs. But considering the surgery and the day after Thanksgiving, that is a manageable gain. It could have been so much worse.

I went to the doctor Wed to check up and have my stitches taken out. ICK. I would be a horrible surgical nurse. Abdominal incisions and stitches give me the willies! Anyway, I may have to go back to work sooner than I had hoped. Since I am workers comp they will allow me to work with restrictions, ie busy work, instead of having the insurance company pay my benefits. Turns out they already wanted me back, answering phones and watching the heart monitors. Excuse me, but yesterday was just 1 week since surgery. Give me a break already. My next appt with the doc is Dec 3. I'll consider myself very lucky if I get off of work til Dec 6. That's 3 weeks. Sounds fair to me. Then I only have 1 week of busy work until I'm off of restictions.

I didn't go shopping today. I'm not that darn crazy! I finished alot of my homework. I did my paper earlier this week and finished my team project and other written reports today. I figured I'd better use my time wisely. Now this weekend when I put the scarcrows away and get out the snowmen, I won't feel guilty that I have other stuff to do. Maybe I'll do some shopping this week. I have to check my schedule, now with work and finals. Also have to get in my baking. I love to give the plates of cookies away.

Oh yeah- found out some great news today. I got a nice scholarship for the fall semester. Enough to cover the tuition, books, and a little more. YIPPEE!!!!!!

Now I've really pounded this keyboard too much and I have to get a break!

Happy and healthy,

Jen
Old 11-23-2001, 07:24 PM   #12  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

We had a good dinner and I did not stuff myself but I did bring home some leftovers. I only brought enough for one small meal though which we didn't even get to eat today. When we got home there was a message that an old friend was coming today to bring his new wife for a visit. We grilled steaks and had baked potatoes and garlic bread with it. He is an alcoholic that has started drinking again and he sat and guzzled one beer right after another one and chain smoked. So we stayed outside because there is no smoking allowed in my house. I didn't even smoke in here when I still smoked. I have friends that I can talk to for hours and not get bored but those two just about drove me crazy today and I was so glad to see them go home. They made me so tired listening to them all day. It got hot here today and we had to turn the a/c back on. I am beat and ready for a shower and bed and it is only 6:30.

JoJo~I'm sorry that you and your husband both have colds. This is a nice long weekend to stay in bed and get over colds though. It just started sprinkling here but it doesn't look like we are going to get very much. We have our fingers crossed though. Oh no, I thought Marlana's birthday was tomorrow. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as we get close and remember it. I understand how you feel about your brother because I don't like being around my son when he is drinking either. He is the one that invited us for dinner then went on a bender Wednesday night and was absent from the dinner at his own house. Then I had to put up with another drunk today. He wasn't really "drunk" but he wasn't sober either, if you know what I mean. Right now I am just glad to be here with just my husband and myself and my fish and my bird and my dogs and my squirrels out in the tree and.................this could go on forever.

Tobey~Making up is the only good thing about having those spats. Your spice rack sounds great. I can't even imagine owning 60 spices let alone using them cooking. You make it sound easy too. I checked out the garden wagon and your mom will love it. I have a children's big red wagon that is very useful when gardening. You can see in those pictures that my dogs just love being out there in the woods with us. I think that they understand that I don't like the same smells that they do and they will be in big trouble if they roll in some of that stuff. And then again, they just can't seem to resist sometimes. My husband has been working everyday on his sticks and is really getting them done fast. I am going to wait until he is done with all of them and take my time in picking one that is very lightweight and pretty for your mom. I loved the attachment of the blind farmer and the turkeys mooing.

Sally~Glad that you had a good Thanksgiving. Did you finally get your mom home? She probably didn't mind staying a little longer.

Jen~Don't let them push you into going back to work too soon. You are doing good getting all the paperwork done now so that you can concentrate on shopping when you feel better. Did you get a chance to check out the album? I put some new pictures in of our trail ride and my fish tanks. You can't see the fish but can see their little tanks. Congratulations on the scholarship. I know that must be a big relief for you.

Well, I want to get a shower and put on something big that doesn't touch me anywhere. Y'all have a nice evening.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:58 AM   #13  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to let y'all know that a weekend neighbor brought me a baby squirrel this morning that is in very sad shape. He found his dogs chasing her under his truck this morning. She is over 6 weeks old because her eyes are open but she is dehydrated and starving. She also has a very bad skin problem. She was covered in red bugs which might have caused all these sores and scabs. One little ear is welded to her head with this stuff. I have already feed her a very diluted formula twice today and she is already acting more alert. I really don't expect her to live though so no name for her yet. If she makes it, I will concentrate on her skin problem next. Y'all add her to your prayers tonight and maybe with God's help, she will make it. Have a good weekend.

Marlana~Happy, Happy Birthday
Old 11-24-2001, 11:59 AM   #14  
American Chick!

Thumbs down

Morning Ladies,
I've lost track of what day it is, with the long weekend! Hope you all are having a good one. I've got to take the mutts to the grocery store here in a minute, just wanted to say howdy. Skeeter, I'll be thinking of the Squirrel Baby, too! Hope she gets better. She's in the right place, anyway. And Happy Birthday, Mama!!
Love you all and have a good weekend!
Sally
For Mama:
Old 11-24-2001, 12:21 PM   #15  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y'all

Well I was here on Monday and wrote this really long post, and then couldn't get it posted. I've got to have some up-grades made on this home computer, but finding the time when I won't need the machine for a week or two is a problem.

I went and picked up Mom Sunday afternoon and brought her home with me, just before I left to get her my sister Caroline called and suddenly hubby and I were invited to Thanksgiving Dinner at her house so we could bring Mom back home then. I knew I should of said NO, we planned on having Mom down for the week, but I didn't and needless to say Thanksgiving turned into a disaster. I've got to call Mom and talk to her some more about it, but to make a long story short Sister doesn't think I spend enough time with Mom. I don't know when she [sister] got appointed to be in charge, but I'm tired of it and all the 'bull___' she gives out to those that don't live by her rules. Hubby and I have decided that we will continue to do thinks with Mom as long as my 2 sisters and yonger brother are not involved. I plan on bringing her down for more stays with us, even if it's only a weekend. I've not slept for 2 days and found myself eating whatever because the whole thing upset me so much, when we got home and talked about things I must have cried for an hour or more. What is it with siblings and having to hurt each other. This riff between my 3 younger sbilings and me has been growing for over 2 years now and sister C. is the ring-leader of the bunch. I wanted to punch her in the face...and would have if Mom hadn't been sitting there.

Sorry for the vent, but as you can see I still have some working this out left to do, thank God I've got a session with my counselor on Thursday.

Mom and I had a great visit, she was telling us stories and had us laughing so hard one night we were in tears. I've been able to get some of the things on my 'To Do' list done, started but still have a ways to go before they can really be checked off. Monday hubby and I 'hearded leaves' and I got some more of the rock wall/edging done. I've been busy baking also, and almost have it completed for the season. Just the nut and poppy seed rolls and a couple batches of biscotti and cookies left to do and then it will be just backaging them up for gift giving!

Mom and I did see 'Harry Potter' on Saturday, and I must say we both enjoyed it very much. It's just a good old fashion fairy tale type story with good over evil. I just don't understand those who think the books/movie promot witchcraft etc. Sometimes I think pepole read too much into things.

Marlana, hope you have/had a wonderful BIRTHDAY!

Sure hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you are all enjoying the weekend. Food hasn't been that good for me but I started reading 'Fit for Life' that Tobey recommended and it's helping to put me back OP. Tobey thanks for that tip...it's a great book! Exercise has been great this week, I've gotten 2 50 - 60 minute walks in, plus worked with the weights. Just saw the time...it's after noon already and I've got to get going and exercise or I'll get nothing accomplished today.

See you all next week, if not before. Love to all...

Marybeth
241/190/160
Closed Thread