South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #1  

Question Stall? Is this normal?

My loss in inches have really stalled. Is this normal? I have only lost like 1 inch in the last week and a half.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:39 AM   #2  

One inch in a week and a half seems like a very good amount. Stalls in weight and measurements are very common on SB and on most other eating plans. Not sure how much you need to lose in total, but be patient and keep to your plan and I'm sure you'll progress. Remember that TOM can cause bloating = inches and exercise can build muscle where you had none, so that can impact your measurements even though it is ultimately a good thing.

Best of luck,
Old 06-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not to worry! Heidi is right. Try not to obsess over the ticker and just stick to plan. A stall is usually much longer than that - like months - and you will start losing inches again soon. If you get a chance to get your starting weight, it would be intersting to see how much you lose over six months.
Hang in there! You're doing fine.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7''

Be prepared for stalls...I've been stalled on both weight and inches now for about 7 weeks. Hopefully it'll get going again soon (fingers crossed). You can't give up...its normal and you should expect it.
You didn't get fat in a week so you can't expect to lose it in a week either! hang in there...
Old 06-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #5  

Thanks Heidi! I appreciate the encouragement! I guess I just expect to lose it fast! I know thats not gonna happen.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #6  

Thanks Ruth! I know I am probably just being as excessive about the measuring tape as I would be of the scale if I could use it! Geesh! I do see NSV's by my pants getting lose though!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:12 PM   #7  

Finn,
Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. Your right! It didn't go on overnight so it's not coming off overnight! But it would be nice
Closed Thread