Old 06-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Default Newbie here

Hi everyone i'm new to this site but have been on LAWL since Jan 3, 2006. I just needed some info. I started exercising about 3 months ago but it was only the elliptical and then last month i started doing weights. Not heavy weights but i've been following a dvd and it includes weights. i noticed since i started the weights that i'm constantly hungry. I am currently on the gold plan (with lites), only 1 i've been on and i was wondering if i should be on another since i'm exercising more. I try to exercise everyday 30-40 mins but i have a 2 1/2 yr old and an 8mo old and the day does not always go as planned and sometimes i dont get to exercise. I'm going to WI on Monday and was wondering if i should ask about adding more foods to my plan on the days i do get to exercise. what do you guys think? If i dont eat more on these days could it cause more harm than good or should i eat what i've been eating? I dont want to over eat but i also dont want to under eat.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Debbie24 - Sorry I can't help you about which plan to be on. Just wanted to welcome you to the boards!
Do you go to a center, or are you doing this on your own? If you go to a center, then they "should" be the best one to assist with what plan you need to be on. (I say should, because each center is a little inconsistent!)
Come on over & post in June friends!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #3  

if you are doing cardio and weights you probably might need more food. How many hours do you average a week in exercise?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #4  

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. I am hoping to get about 4 hrs a week in but to be realistic i'll probably get 3 hrs.

I do go to the center but honestly i dont find them real helpful because most dont know what they are doing. I was stuck for a long time and they were no help, they kept telling me that i need to take the supplements which i am so against and never took any. I got over my hump with the help of someone on another board. I started counting my cal intake and realized i was taking in way too much and i've cut down and started eating wiser and i've lost about 15 lbs since. I've learned on my own what doesnt work with my body and found the counselors to be little to no help with that. so this is why i'm turning to you guys because i feel that since you are on the plan you have more experience than someone sitting in the center that is not on the plan.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I had a similar experience...what does your caloric intake range at now? Im similar in weight and work out 4-6hrs wk, I am on Red, no lites.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #6  

i am trying to take in no more than 1200. sometimes i go over but no more than 1300. i also track my carbs, protein, fats, sodium and fiber intake. I stopped counting for a while but i started again today. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and i think i gained about 4lbs but most from water. i did takeoff on thursday and friday and i think i went down 2lbs but i weight in on monday so i'll definately know the #'s then. I was 138 before i went on vacation. I usually weight in with yoga pants on but on monday i will wear jeans because i want to be 125 with jeans on and on LAWL scale which is 3lbs more than my scale at home with morning weight and just undies. do you think i should take in more cals if i'm exercising about 3-4 hrs per week?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:14 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I track on fitday.com and love seeing all those stats too...I strive to get in over 100g protein per day and basically a 30-40-30 ratio. How tall are you? I SO wanted to get to the 120's at 5'4 but my body just doesnt seem comfortable with that, LOL!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #8  

I'm 5'2, i wish i was 5'4. For a while i thought i wouldnt get out of the 140's (140 was my original goal) but then i got out but losing slowly. I know its going to get alot slower since i'm getting close to my ideal body weight. I would be totally happy at 130 but i really want to get to 125. I cant remember the last time i was 125. I was 140 8 years ago.

I cant see to get over 100g of protein each day either. My max is 107 but i usually get in about 80-100g. Its not very hard to get over 123g of carbs or 30g of fat though. I wish those were the hard ones to get in. I tried to track on fitday but i find it easier for me to do it manually on a spreadsheet on my computer. I get the values on calorieking.com and just track my daily intake myself. I usually preplan a few days so that i'm not in a rush to plan out the day each morning.