General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Default Class Reunion Jitters

Okay, I am having little freak out today. My 10 year class reunion is tomorrow. I have been so excited about it for months, and now I am getting all insecure about even going. What the heck is wrong with me? I am still fighting with myself over clothes, for one. Part of me wants to dress all conservative like I was raised, and part of me wants to show up in spaghetti straps and knock them dead. Or will I? Oh, I try so hard to be brave all the time, but I am really getting weired out. Are any of my friends going to be there, will I end up sitting by myself? Are the same old battle lines still drawn between the "Good Kids" and the "Bad Kids"? DH can't come to the picnic part because he has to work, so that part is just me and the kiddos. The dinner tomorrow night is for the adults only, and we will at least be together for that. I really want to be confident, sure of myself, and friendly. In high school there was 4 of us, and we were the tough girls. We stuck close together, and I think that a lot of the other girls were a little scared of us. That was a long time ago, though, and we all seem to have lost track. I am not even sure if any of them are coming. All of a sudden I am worried that my degree isn't good enough, my car isn't good enough, my job isn't good enough, my body isn't good enough. Why do I do this to myself? I deserve to go and hold my head high, be proud of myself and my accomplishments, so why am I so **** bent on holding myself back? If I am going to be so hard on myself here, maybe I should not go. Or maybe that would be a big mistake. Advice? Please!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:06 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--I think all these feelings are totally normal, especially when you haven't seen some of these people in ages--but remember--THEY are probably going through the exact same thing. Have you talked to any old friends to see who, for sure, will be there so you can buddy up? You look terrific and will knock em' dead whatever you are wearing! Remember too that a lot them will have also gained weight--BUT NOT LOST IT--like you! So pick out an outfit that makes YOU feel great, walk in there with your head held high--you deserve it. Everyone will be comparing everything--just nature I guess--but you are secure it who and what you are and that will give you strength. Good Luck and HAVE FUN!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #3  

Kaite, you look hott and you are a wonderful mother, wife and friend... i know it is only normal to worry ( i still have a year until my class reunion...doesn't it make you feel old to know it has been almost 10 years ) but you have nothing to worry about and I can't belive that our sweet as sunshine Katie was a "tough girl"

Have fun and relive old memories and knock them dead.

If you want go conservative with the picnic and bring out the spaghetti straps for the reunion
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Thanks you guys. I guess it is normal to be a little spooked. Shennie, yeah, we were definitely not considered the "Nice Girls". We were nice to people who were nice to us, but those snotty girls who were always looking down on other people were totally on our list. We had no use for those biddys who were always picking on kids who were challenged or different. We were also forever in trouble for talking and laughing in church and school.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:22 PM   #5  

I say go for the spaghetti straps...you are one hot chick and deserve to strut your stuff!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #6  

You know what else I think -- I think you still see yourself through your "fat glasses." So many of us have body-image issues, but I think it's so hard to get past what we used to look like that we can't see how good we look now. The jitters are normal, but you need to be confident in yourself. Can't imagine anyone not loving you, but I know how high school was -- you are a kind, loving, caring, sensitive, beautiful person -- EMBRACE that and knock 'em dead at the reunion!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Katie - Go to your reunion & knock 'em dead!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #8  
Getting to Goal in 2006

S/C/G: 185/182.6/155

Height: 5'6"

Katie,

Go... have a great time, and KNOCK 'EM DEAD...showing off your hot body that you worked hard for! Definitely, wear the spaghetti straps...you deserve it! Have fun...and you better report back to all of us, with pictures, to let us know how it went. Think about it this way...if you don't go, you may regret it. Go for it! You're sure to have a blast! Good luck!

Erin
azgal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #9  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Christie--fat glasses--gotta love it. Speaking of old feeling this year was my 18th! WE are just babies!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #10  

Default Go get 'em!

You will be great. You look great and you have a wonderful, supportive family. Isn't that what counts?

My reunion is this November, but it's my 20th! I, too, am having those feelings of insecurity (even though I know what I just said). Speaking of feeling old...
hollybeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

I can totally understand. My 10 year reunion is also this year. I will not be going because it is when I have to head back to the classroom and it is in CA. I wouldv'e been very nervous to. The one thing I can porbably guarentee is everyone is probably nervous to. Have fun!! I can't wait to hear how it went.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote