Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2001, 06:36 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Thumbs down ****week of 18th November****

Top of the morning to ya..

OK, where shall I start......

I need to get my life back in order. Why is that you ask. Well because for the past two weeks I have devoted my entire life (and I jest not) to the Nokia game. Not sure if you guys have heard of it, but for the past 3 years, Nokia has held an interactive game over Europe which is mainly played online. Apparently this year about 600,000 are playing. What are we playing for.... the chance to win a Nokia 5510, which cost £250 which hasn't yet been released (but which my hubby went out and bought yesterday). Why am I playing when I am not a natural gamer - I don't know. Why am I setting my alarm for 4am to log on and get to the next stage - I don't know. The really sad thing is, is that I know that I will not get into the last 50 (for the UK to win a phone) and I know I will probably buy it, so why am I playing. I am convinced Nokia has put a brainwashing device into their phones and that I am being forced to play. How gullible are we? One of the tasks this week to gain extra points was to "send" a ficticious email (as part of the game) to four friends. Me thinks we are all helping to compile a mailing list for Nokia. Then I spent 6 hours on Friday evening trying to finish one game - when others had finished in 10 minutes and had posted the cheats on the web. Please someone send me a cyber slap, so I can get my life back

The final is this Friday, which I already know I won't get to, but I still continue to play, so next week I should be back to "normal"

Hi to everyone, have a great start to the week. Just had a thought - maybe I should start getting my act together now, so that by the time the bump (RR we need a bump naming thread?) arrives it will have a slim transatlantic cyber auntie
Old 11-18-2001, 09:43 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

good morning!!!!We are the early birds BFB!!!!!
Good luck to U on the games!!!!I get addicted to games at www.pogp.com I have never played dominoes and word whomp soo much!!!IT is something U should never start!!!*L*

I have been awake since 4:30 am just playing with SD#2..She is a trip in the morning!!!She fell asleep early last night soo was hyped this week!!!!
Have a great week everyone!!!
Vicki
Old 11-18-2001, 06:25 PM   #3  

hi

OH man, I am not handling the fudge very well! I'll be glad when it is gone. It is just so tasty. I really need to require more of myself than to just let myself indulge. Hmm. Something to think about.

BFB - sorry about the game thing. I can see how those things could get addicting. Luckily I've never played any. Good luck on bringing your life back to normal!

I did kick up the exercise today to help with the fudge factor and walked over 4 miles. I'm now at 816.142 miles this year.

later all!

RABBIT

Last edited by Rabbit; 11-18-2001 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:57 AM   #4  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default What a weekend....

Oh, I had such an eating weekend. I know I'm nuts but I used to be able to eat whatever and not really give it a thought (which is probably a good part of the problem) but now that I'm trying to be good I feel SO GUILTY when I even eat normally. I'm not sure if my stomach has shrunk or if I'm just not used to feelings so full but I was feeling so bad this weekend. It was a huge eating weekend. I had 4 meals out!! This is so hard for me. And I don't think I was really bad at all but I certainly ate more than I would have at home and then I feel so bad. I need my head checked or something but anyway I know I'll feel better if I just stay OP for the next few days. It took all my willpower not to weigh myself today because I knew it would be up and then I would feel bad so we'll see how long I can go on. Don't mind my ramblings, I know I'm nuts!!

Rabbit - as you can see I can certainly sympathize with you. I know I could never control myself with fudge. One piece would be two and then I'd do that a couple times a day and you know what happens. Good luck getting rid of it all. I do the best when I give it away.

RR - hope you're feeling well rested after the 4:30 am call! Maybe you just need to work in a few 16 hour sleeps!!

BFB - I totally understand your addiction and all you can really do now is wait until it's over (since that's soon) and hope you can get back to normal. You'll probably feel better when you do so good luck!

Have a good day,
Elisa
Old 11-19-2001, 11:29 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

What a busy weekend I had! Cleaned like a mad woman Saturday and Sunday, went food shopping Sunday AM, had Mom, brother, sil, niece and nephew over Sunday afternoon and evening for dinner. It was nuts...I've never had 7 people in my little apartment!! I said to DH, good thing we have service for 8!! It went good though, everyone had a great time. Too bad my neighbors from he** weren't home so they could listen to my niece and nephew run around the floors the whole time.

Elisa- I always feel guilty after over-indulging, but unfortunately lately I have not. My goodness, don't feel guilty for just eating normal!! Be proud of yourself for being OP!!

Rabbit- What was that about a 1.2 lb. loss last week?? Do you want it all back? Step away from the fudge!!

BFB- What is it about this game?! Are we talking about a cell phone?! $250. for a cell phone?? Is that Euros? 250.00 European euros = 223.68 US dollars...crazy for a cell phone!! Is it coated in gold?

RR- Speaking of Cyber Aunties...what are the official name choices? Did I see Andrew somewhere? I like Andrew. Do keep us posted...we need sonogram pics, etc.!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-19-2001, 11:36 AM   #6  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Default welcome back to vegetables and water

Hi everyone,
Well, this weekend we bought a scale. Yikes! I left WW at the end of August and we haven't had a home scale since about May so it was a humbling experience to see some actual numbers. My clothes have been tight. I've felt the weight but I didn't know what it would really be. Wake up call! Now vegetables and water are back in my life. Oh, and it is one of those Tanita scales that measures the body fat... even MORE horrifying than knowing my weight! DH and I are both going to try to lose weight and work together on it. (He has much less to lose than I) My weigh in day will be Sunday. Wish me luck.

Elisa, I think you have a good plan. I mean, healthy, fit, people without weight problems have big eating weekends sometimes and that's what they do... eat well for a few days after. So, I think it is a smart idea.

Rabbit, you are so good with the exercise! do you ever stop for any period of time or has it become a real part of your life? I tend to go in waves. (like with the food and water) I am impressed that you are so consistent. You are stronger than fudge! Good luck fighting it!

RR, ug... little people up at 4:30 just doesn't seem good.

BFB, good luck! Sounds like it will be over soon. I get easily addicted to games though none have been online.. just computer games or system games. So I understand the obsession.

ok.. I'm posting my weight so it is out there. It is my highest all time ever excluding the end months of my pregnancy. Anyway now I have something of a starting point to measure my progress from here.

starting weight 211 (soon to be less)

dani
Old 11-19-2001, 11:39 AM   #7  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Lauren, just wanted to say hi! Your post popped in while I was typing. Sounds like a fun weekend and productive too!

Old 11-19-2001, 12:54 PM   #8  

HI ALL!

I was at the ivillage.com site this morning and they've got some great articles on holiday fitness & dieting. Anyway - one ounce of fudge takes 20 minutes of aerobic exercise to work off!!! (OK, that's for a 130 lb woman, so it wouldn't take me as long, but you get the picture!). One little tiny ounce! That surely ought to scare me off fudge! Just look at it & see 20 minutes of aerobics . . . not worth it!

Elisa - 4 meals out would be SO hard! But you don't think you did bad, so don't stress. A couple op days & you'll be all set.

Lauren - sounds like a nice family dinner! Thanks for the encouragement - I need help!!

Happy - I have a tanita scale and they are very frightening! Good luck with you & dh's new plan. Exercise has totally become a part of my life. I rarely miss a day. I always try to do something active on the weekends, which is easier in nice weather! And more fun.

have a great day all. I'm back to really counting my points today. Fudge is evil.

RABBIT
Old 11-19-2001, 04:49 PM   #9  
LBH

HELP!

I know some of you girls have ordered stuff from Old Navy...how do they run? Small, big? I just ordered 2 sweaters from their website and they only go up to XXL...so that's what I ordered. That's also what size I wear, but since they're not a "Plus Size" store, I don't know how they run...ya' know?

Thanks!!

I'm off to the gym in a little bit...so that maybe they will fit eventually!!
Old 11-19-2001, 06:05 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

good evening all!!!!

Lauren--I have Andrew Jacques for the boy and DH picked out Alicia Nicole for the girl..DH's dads name was Jacques soo I wanted to name the boy after him..He passed away when DH was little...I find Old Navy about normal in sizes....pretty much the same as other stores..I love their clothes-I ordered some half priced maternity clothes for the summer since they are half priced!!!!

Rabbit--I am lucky about the chocolate..This pregnancy has turned me away from sweets...Hate them..I crave pepper jack cheese and grits!!!!!

Dani--Congrats on getting back on track!!!!!

I was really upset today....This girl said to me "I cant even recognize U, U have gotten soo fat....I was offended cuz I have gained .5lbs and still wear the same clothes..I wore my outfit I had for my rehersal for a shower this weekend. People are soo mean sometimes...

Well, have a great evening!!!
Vicki
Old 11-20-2001, 08:13 AM   #11  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

RR - those are beautiful names, it's so exciting but I can't believe you have to wait so long to go to the doctor. It seems so crazy although I understand why. I can't believe what that girl said to you, some people are disgusting. The same thing happened to my SIL when she was pregnant (and had gained a bit of weight) but that is soooo mean. Especially since you haven't even really gained any weight but just ignore her. Some people are just like that and it often comes from jealousy.

Lauren - I've bought stuff from Old Navy and I find their sizes vary. In pants I find them pretty good but for tops I sometimes find them small but it varies from top to top. Sometimes I buy the XL and sometimes I need the XXL but I think with sweaters you should be okay. I'm assuming you can return them if they don't fit?? I have the same problem with The Gap, you can't assume what size you are because even their pants are all different. It can be frustrating.

Rabbit - it's so enlightening sometimes when you read those articles. Like yesterday I was sooo good until someone at work brought in their homemade chocolate cheesecake which I knew I should stay away from. But I didn't and I know how bad cheesecake is. I only had a really small piece but still, I knew better!! And that was after my bad weekend! But I'm mostly back on track and hope to be okay for my offical TD weigh in. And then we can talk about our next goal. Although I think for XMAS it might just be to maintain.

Happy - I also have a scale I love and it was the best purchase I've made - you can never fool yourself again. While I weigh almost every day (which may not work for everyone) it totally keeps me in line. This is usually how I gain weight back - I ignore the scale for a while but if I do it everyday the 2 lbs should never turn into 5 or 10 etc. Mine doesn't do body fat but it's a really accurate digital scale and does the half pound and it's made a huge difference for me so good luck to you.

BFB - are you out there????? or still playing that game?? Come back..........

Elisa
Old 11-20-2001, 08:23 AM   #12  
Pink Thingy

Talking

Just a quick stop by...

Still playing this freaking game - know I ain't gonna win, but still playing. Went to bed at 2am this morning coz of it. The really sad thing is that they set up a chat room and we are all in there swapping cheats - I mean downloading a morse code decoder at 1am is just madness. Yes the phone is £250 - no it is not plated in gold and the really sad thing is, I guess I will go out and buy it

RR - Lovely names, Alicia (hope I spelt it okay) is beautiful . Ignore the mean lady - just jealous I guess or just being ignorant

everyone else, I will stop by and do better. Can anyone recommend a good home scale to buy. Don't have one indoors, but as leader has left WW, gonna do it at home for a while, so would be grateful for any recommendations.

Cheers me dears......Life will be back to normal soon - I hope
Old 11-20-2001, 10:08 AM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I went to the gym last night, did a half mile on the boring old treadmill...but I made it a good half mile, walked slow, then faster (3.5), then inclined (3), then stopped. Then I did the machines, 3 sets of 10 for all of them, then 150 crunches (with the ab roller thing). I felt productive, even though it doesn't sound like much. Then of course there's the FEEP!! Now there's something we haven't talked about in awhile!! For those of you that are new...FEEP = Fun Earned Exercise Points...use your imagination to figure out what "Fun" consists of!!

BFB- I have a Tanita scale that measures by the half pound and does body fat. I love it, it does memory for 2 people.

Elisa- Yes, I can return them to the store if I need to. I am hoping they'll be OK, will just have to make sure I wash on delicate and hang dry!

RR- You just completely ignore that selfish witch!! Please, a 1/2 pound gain?? That's nothing!! You're probably bloated!! Love the names, very nice.

Rabbit- Have not been to ivillage in awhile, thanks for reminding me about them! It's a great site.

Dani- Great that DH is gonna do this with you! It's soo much better with two... (isn't that a line from Piglet or something?!)

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-20-2001, 11:40 AM   #14  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Haven't been around in a couple of weeks. I've been feeling sorry for myself and eating junk and not drinking water, so I'm feeling bloated. I'm with a few others and need a giant kick in the rump to get back on track. I'm trying to decide if I want to go to WW tonight or just skip it for a while and try to do it alone, but that never works so....

Actually today I'm just procrastinating . Thanksgiving dinner is here and I need to go grocery shopping and I hate it. Oh well, time to buck up and get moving.

LBH - Sounds like you had a great Sunday. Any chance you'd like to come here to clean .

Elise - One weekend did not an overweight girl make. Hang in there and turn it around, you can do it.

RR - Some people just say the worst things. My sister just told me she's PG this weekend. She's about a month or so behind you . The names are really nice, I'm just trying to figure out how a Yooper got a name like Jacques they're usually Hans, or some other Finish name.

Rabbit - Hope putting that fudge into perspective helped. Glad I'm not a sweets junkie, now the chips on the other hand......

BFB - Sometimes those mind numbing games are what we need to disappear from reallity for a while. At least it has a time limit, so you should rejoin the real world soon. And over $350 (I think the exchange rate is $1.5 = 1 pound) for a phone that's crazy!!!

Dani - Welcome back! Good luck getting started again.

Gotta go shopping !!

See Ya!

- Tech
Old 11-20-2001, 12:37 PM   #15  

Just jumping in. Don't mind me.

I've been lurking in y'alls wonderful threads for a while now -- and figured this was as good a time as any to begin chatting. I'm one of those WW folks who doesn't attend meetings but goes in for weigh-in. I get my support here online and that works well for me.

I've only just begun to really exercise formally; we've always been hikers and walkers -- but now I'm headed to the gym five or six times a week as well. Its been very cool seeing the improvements in my stamina and strength!

Anyway -- just a first hello. Hoping to get to know y'all better over time.
Closed Thread