Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 12:02 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stsy At Home Mom's #20

Stay At Home Mom's #20
Welcome all newcomers and friends! This is a thread full of laughter, friendship and encouragement, as we share our lives and the ups & downs of raising a family. Feel free to join us. We look forward to getting to know each other better.
Be sure to go back to SAHM's #19 to catch up with the latest on what has been going on in everyone's lives during the past week or so.
Ginny
Old 11-16-2001, 12:11 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Well, now it is good afternoon!
It is getting a bit quiet here, I do hope that everyone is ok.
As for me I am rather good at talking to myself , but then most of you know that and do not seem to mind too much.

Well, I went to the dentist this am (he is such a sweetie and fit me into his schedule- but then all I needed was an xray for the root canal referral)- and yes, I am in for another root canal. I do not really mind too much- but the cost of it is painful.........almost more than the tooth!
Also got my gyn visit in. I guess that went well. According to their scale I lost two pounds in the past year! (so at this rate it will take me 20 years to get to my goal weight, and I'll be...........older than I want to think about now!!!!!)
So I will take the two pounds, better than going up!
As for my real scale, I have maintained, and I can't figure that out one bit! For two days my eating has been great. Yesterday, because of the tooth thing, I barely ate. Yet still, same weight.
I am going to stay off the dumb scale (Jackie, remember me giving you that lecture once?) until Wednesday. I hope to see a loss! I have gotten my walks in too, and water. I am considering increasing my excercise, to break this plateau. (so at this rate I will work out all day and do no housework!).
Ok, I have proved once again that I can ramble on and on all by myself.
Weekends get kind of tough to get online- so if I do not get back here, have a great weekend!
Ginny
Old 11-17-2001, 08:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Talking

Hey Ginny!~

I thought that I'd at least drop you a line or two so that you don't feel like you're here all by yourself. I really enjoy your sense of humor. You have made me start my day off to a happy start. Ask my family about yesterday, or don't we even want to go there! I'm sure this has to be the PMS thingy, but I sure hope today stays as happy as you have made me at this moment. (My family hopes so too!)

I was doing so good @ watching & staying in my point range, but I kind of blew it last night. We ended up going to Culver's Custard for dinner last night & I broke down & had a scoop of Chocolate Truffles. It was delicious, but it sure made me feel guilty later. These little guys are dancing in my head! Well, the family is starting to get hungry for breakfast, so I'd better get going. TTFN
Enjoy your weekend!

**Jackie**
Old 11-17-2001, 10:10 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Jackie, great to hear from you!!! I always enjoy your posts- hey I like everyones posts! That is why we are all here.
I am just in to say hello- I managed to steal a few minutes from Dd on the computer (who is almost watching over my back now!).
This weekend has been kind of wierd. Moody family members blah, blah.... Sounds like your house is infested with the same nonsense, Jackie! But I am so glad that I made you smile or laugh or whatever. That is one of the reasons we are here, right? To make this passage on this earth a bit more pleasant!
As for me and the continuing saga of this tooth, well, last nite it was awful. So today I am on a soft food diet, until Tuesday when I have the root canal. Hey, on a lighter note (and hopefully lighter on the scale too!), I have to lose some weight this way.
I am way under points- but it is so tough when I eat if I hit this silly tooth. It is just easier to avoid it!
Hope that the rest of everyone's weekend is good. Take care!
Ginny
Old 11-19-2001, 10:13 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Boy am I brain dead!!!!! I just noticed that I can't spell!!!! You
would think that I could spell stay at home mom's correctly!
Guess that is what they have spell check for, but you have to be smart enough to use it! (no comment there, Jackie!)
I am at work today- trying to get some stuff done early, with Thanksgiving being at the end of the week. This will be a busy week for sure.

For the record, I got my walk in this am (5:30, groan), and have had a bagel (no butter, or cream cheese) and some tea.
Yogurt and a clementine are my planned lunch. Hopefully I will ba able to stay on track today.

I will have to spend some time in my Healthy Choices cookbook tonite, finding a good dessert that I can have on Thanksgiving.
We are having the dinner at my house, and MIL is bringing dessert. I'll need something I can count points on, and the healthy choices cookbooks have all the nutritional information.

Hope everyone is off to a great week!

Take care!
Ginny
Old 11-19-2001, 03:55 PM   #6  
Domestic Goddess

Can't say much, doing the 1-handed type thing, just wanted to say good luck tomorrow, Ginny, on the root canal tomorrow! Sounds uncomfortable!

I had an off plan week but only showed a 1 lb. gain. My goal for this week is to just maintain. Thanksgiving is really only a one-day, occasionally two, excuse to indulge so I'll allow myself to do so! Hard part will be getting back on after! What are you all serving?
Old 11-20-2001, 12:14 AM   #7  

Hi everyone!!!

It has been so long since I have posted. I have been very busy lately with AVON and taking kids here and there. Also my computer has been acting up very bad lately. It has been freezing up big time. That gets so frustrating that you don't want to even go online.

Been doing not too bad. The last couple of weeks have been struggling with staying on my plan. I seem to be so hungry at night lately. Need to curb that again.

I hope to get on here more, but I think my computer may need to go in for a check up so I may be without one for a bit.

Hope to talk to you soon,
Paula
Old 11-20-2001, 03:32 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Hiya!!!!!!!
Paula and Kerrie- good to see you here!
This is just a quicko check in-
the root canal went well, but as I have known for awhile, I have a high threshold for pain. The Endodontist said it was very badly infected, and that I should have been in a ton of pain. Funny, I was wondering (b4 the procedure) if I could put if off for a while.
Duh...........

Now the idiot question of the day! Goes in the "how come" department. Why does my dear, sweet, usually considerate Dh choose TODAY to tear apart the bathroom!!!!!!! There area boxes all over the house, dust all over the place. Anyone want to guess where Thanksgiving dinner is?

Oh, well........this too shall pass.

I will get back on later and address each of you.
Take care!
Ginny
Old 11-20-2001, 10:20 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good Evening!
It is just me again! Dd was tired tonite, and actually surrendered the computer early. So I can leave another post, and address everyone.

Kerrie-congrats on only gaining 1#. (sounds kind of funny, but we all know that it could have been much worse!) I hope that you can maintain this week without too much hassle.
As for me, I am serving turkey, dressing, rolls, cranberry bread, date bread, mashed yams with marshmallow on top, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, green beans (probably), applesauce, MIL is making 3 pies for dessert, and I will probably add an apple pie and something low cal from my healthy choices cookbook, pickles(not for dessert, of course!). Gee, I guess that is most of it. We are eating mid afternoon, and I have every intention of having most of the stuff. I will most likely leave the stuffing out (too hard for me to have just a taste) and have the date bread, avoiding the other breads. Of course the veggies will be fine (I prepare w/o butter, if you want to clog your arteries, you will have to do so without my help!)
I hope to pretty much stay "op" for the day. Keep your fingers crossed!

Paula- great to hear from you! It can be so tough, especially at nite when the house gets quiet and some naughty food is calling your name softly from the kitchen.......... then the little voice gets louder....... and.... well, you know what!!
I try to keep something "naughty" for me for the late nite attack.
A diet hot chocolate or something like that if I have the points.
Another biggie with me is a measured portion of dry cereal (something that sort of bridges the gap between being healthy and tasting ok- Honey Nut Cheerios or something like that).
I don't know if that helps, but it works for me (sometimes).
Then I feel really proud if I do not need the snack and just go to bed! So, to make a long story short, can you find something, that will take the edge off the hunger, that is good for you but not too many calories/points? This is a great time of year for Avon. They have such nice stuff! I just ordered a bunch of those little hand creams (with the snow men on them)- I give them out at Christmas (with another slightly "bigger" gift to teachers aids, bus drivers etc.... Too bad we did not live near each other, my Avon lady is a bit spacey- and not consistent handing out her campaign books.

I think I ate within the points allocated today. I did snitch 3 cookies, but went basic on dinner, lunch and breakfast. I'm a bit hungry at the present, so I figure I must have done something ok today.
Dh actually cleared all the boxes of plumbing stuff from the living room and put them in our bedroom. I have my work cut out for me tomorrow, but at least the stuff is out of the living room.

Well, I am going to squeeze in a quick walk now. I have to stay up to take my medicine for this tooth. What a sweet endodontist- he actaually callled this evening to see how I was doing! (guess the tooth was pretty awful). I am on only 2 advil (he told me I could take 4 at a time, 2X a day), and am very comfortable. I am just so glad that the dumb tooth is fixed!

Thanks for putting up with my blabbering tonite- I did plenty!
Have a great nite. (and for me tomorrow is weigh in day......the moment of truth!)
Take care,
Ginny
Old 11-21-2001, 07:53 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
It is weigh in time for me, the moment of truth. And I did get my walk in last nite- it was cold!
So far, and I figure that I got really really serious about this around October 20th or so, I am down 10.5 pounds total. I am just too lazy to go back to see where I was at Halloween, but I have lost since then. That is why I went back to where I started, so I would not confuse myself (rather easy to do!).

I will start posting my actual weight once I break the 165# threshold, which is not too far away!

So far, I have eaten 1/2 grapefruit and of course my tea.
Lots of cooking and cleaning today- so I have to go.
Have a great day!!!!
And Happy Thanksgiving.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 11-24-2001, 09:55 AM   #11  

Smile

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!

I THINK THAT WE HAVE A GRAND PRIZE WINNER! And the winner is....... GINNY! (Unless I missed someone else's post or you didn't post your results. Congratulations, Ginny! I sure wish that I had your motitation! I'll probably have to wait until after the holidays before I'll see major results. I'm so busy 'til then & I'm not able to go to the "Y" on a regular basis until then. After that........look out Ginny!
I'm still having problems with facing the #'s on the scale, so I didn't weigh myself for quite some time. I am watching what I eat though, (including a whole row of chocolate covered cherries that I consumed in less than an hour.)

Well, the troop has woke up & I can here them jumping around on the floor in the kitchen, which is right above where I'm typing away on the 'puter. Until later, take care!

**Jackie**
Old 11-24-2001, 01:06 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Hey there!
Jackie- good to hear from you!!!!!!!!
Too bad about the chocolate covered cherries. I am also having some food battles (gee,the rest of the date bread was good!!! ) but today I am also making a strong effort to compensate for my dammage. I also finished off the dumb date bread, and the rest of the goodies are not all that tempting...so maybe the coast is clear. I hope!

I'll check in more later. I am shooting for another 5# off by Christmas...... (but I am too chicken to get on the scale until next week!)

I'll check in with y'all later. Oh.......and if you get out to the movies, so take your kids to see Monsters Inc. A totally great family movie! We loved it!~
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 11-24-2001, 09:26 PM   #13  

Exclamation

Good Evening!

Well, I managed to make it through the whole day without eating any more chocolate covered cherries. (I finished them last night!) I kept myself busy today & I'm still planning on finishing my decorating project in our bedroom before going to sleep for the night. I'll be so busy I won't even be thinking about food. Ginny: I'm with you on the 5# challenge for Christmas. Anyone else? Let's see how I'll do this month. Sometimes I do better in the month of December because I'm so busy putting the final touches on all the Christmas things. Gee-I just got on the computer & DD is screaming for me to come upstairs to watch the Milwaukee Bucks Basketball Game with her. DH & DS went to the game, so I guess I'll get going & help look for the guys on tv. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. **Jackie**

Last edited by Freckles; 11-24-2001 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2001, 03:42 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello. I have not been all that great with my eating today- but hopefully I can finish up big if I really behave myself for dinner. (and I am planning to do just that!). Simply amazing that the minute I start eating junk all over again my stomach starts getting screwy- Duh! I had been taking prevacid for acid reflux for about 5 months (not every day, but sometimes rather frequently), and now that I am on WW my need for it has all but disappeared. After eating junk- or should I say just a higher in fat diet, I needed one last nite. So I guess I am learning!
BTW, I threw out all the leftover cookies and pies this afternoon.
So, now all temptations are gone- I have been ok resisting the M&M's that will be ever present for a while.

Jackie, I agree absolutely with you on the keeping busy thing. It keeps me out of the kitchen, dreaming of ways to get more fat on me! So, glad that you will join me in this challenge to lose 5# this month. (Knowing the way that you lock in with motivation, you'll lose more than me!)
Gotta go.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 11-26-2001, 11:34 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!
Peace and quiet have been restored to my house..............the kids are off to school!!!! Normally I do not get this happy about this event, last nite Dd (yup, the 15 year old) just crawled under my skin and died there, if you know what I mean. I had to order her and her brother to bed at 9pm, so that I would not say something that I would regret later. Mind you,I lost it on her (or should I say lost a ton of respect for her) after I walked around alll day Friday trying to figure out a way to tell Dh that the softball star Dd threw a rock with her cannon-for-an-arm and broke a window on his car! Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) with the rain we have had and how the car was parked, it was not that obvious. So, I did not want to wreck anyone's day- especially Dh who was up to his eyeballs with the bathroom rennovation (and at that time not too happy about it either!). I said nothing to anyone about it for a day, knowing that the Lord would give me the opportunity to do so. Well, the opportunity came, I told her, and she wrote a letter to her dad, explaining her stupid move. Of course, she gave it to me to give to him, to open while she was not home!!!!!
And like a dunce, I took it. Dh took it rather well -I took the opportunity to soften the blow a bit. I guess it was too much to expect gratitude from a 15 yr old!

On a much brighter note!!!!!!!! I do not give sermons often,but I really must give the Lord all the credit here. We just had Thanksgiving here- all the bad foods, etc...... Yes I did indulge in some off plan eating, but what I am so thankful for is that He has gotten me back on track- and actually gave me the ability to stop a potential binge in its tracks!!!! I am having a good day OP- got my walk in and my water intake is high, eating fine.
Even better, I am going out to buy new jeans this afternoon in size 14! My old 16's look ******ed hanging off my still too big can! And Kmart has jeans on sale!!

Gotta go take a shower. I hope that y'all are having a great day. I hope that some of our "no show" friends check in and say hello here. And thanks to Jackie for keeping me going here and posting. I hope that your decorating project came out great. I know it is hard, but what did you do? Did you change colors- walls, curtains etc...? (I love to redecorate! and would love to hear what you are up to)
Have a great day!
Ginny
Closed Thread