General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #1  

Default Bedtime snack tips?

Does anyone here have any advice on what can be eaten as a bedtime snack or how to stave off the bedtime snacking?

Sara
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I have a small glass of milk and a bit of peanut butter.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/154/130

Height: 5'6"

My mom and I used to have a HUGE problem with snacking after 8pm. We tried so many different things.. but the one thing we found that works the best for us (and is low in calories) is air popped popcorn. If you normally like a lot of butter on your popcorn (like me! lol) it takes a little while to get used to it, but you can always sprinkle a little salt over it, or buy a low-cal topping; we use Olivio Buttery Spray and Kernel Season's All Natural White Cheddar Popcorn Seasoning. I hope that helps !!!
expressyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #4  
jemmama

S/C/G: 166/123/123

I used to think I couldn't sleep if I was at all hungry, and had a life-long habit of eating before bed. I gave that up when I started my diet 16 months ago. I found out that I could fall asleep without food in my stomach.

The most helpful thing for me is to leave the kitchen right after dinner, getting someone else to put away the leftovers whenever possible, and heading upstairs where there is no food. I do allow myself a cup of herbal tea if I feel like it. When I feel hungry at night I just think how nice it will be to get on the scale in the morning.

jemmama
jemmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #5  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

A half cup of Kashi cereal and milk is great because it has protein and fiber. It's a great snack!
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:09 PM   #6  
banned

how bout a low fat cheese stick? thats what my neice and nephew eat.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #7  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

A dietician once told me that whole proteins are best for late night snacking because they are lower in carbs and your body cannot as easily process them (into fat) over night. She suggested eggs or sliced deli meats as the best option. Not quite as tasty as a tub of Ben & Jerry's, but you won't regret it come morning when you get on the scale!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote