South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Think About It Thursday Chat - June 15

We are halfway through the month and I need to do some serious thinking. How about you? I have managed to GAIN some weight - my ticker is lying again. I've been eating out too much and NOT following my meal plan and it shows.

So today I am going to hitch up my determination - I'll pin it to my bra if necessary! - and just get on with it!

Yesterday was too busy as I expected but today will be better. I will garden this morning - more veggie plants to go in and the ongoing battle exturpating the lily-of-the-valley from my front perennial bed.

This afternoon there is a photoshoot of the puppies at Morna's. I'll go over there right after lunch as the little furries will all need baths. They just love to stand and lie down in their puppy mash! The photographer is working on a Portuguese Water Dog calendar for Firefly and wants our sweeties in it. (Hershey was in the 2003 one along with her sister Karma.) The little female is looking good and we may keep her for breeding. I am resisting the idea of having three dogs but....

Gotta get cracking before I lose my resolve.

What's your day looking like?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:48 AM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

my problem is eating out too much too, but I've mostly managed to stay OP with it. (I'm on phase 2) but I am not losing, but am losing inches, so I'll take what I can get.

I have a job interview today at Lane Bryant. I'm really nervous, I haven't worked in like a year and a half. Wish me luck!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh, What A Beautiful Morning . . . . . . ! We are finally being blessed with a glorious forecast for the next several days, hurray! I plan to make the most of it with plenty of outdoor activities and pool time. If I'm lucky, I'll only have to work til noon today, then have off til Monday afternoon. They're planning to go to Va. for the weekend if Cindy's mother is up to the trip after her recent knee replacement surgery. So keep your fingers crossed for me, I can use a few days off!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:23 AM   #4  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Today I have my appointment with my new doc, so I'm up earlier than usual. Then I have many errands to run.
Still can't believe its the 15th already! Before I know it DH will be back home!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Morning beachers,
I'm not doing too well this morning. I'm sick! Was awake all night with fever, aches and stiffness and sore throat. GRRR I hate being sick. I HAD to come to work. DH and FIL are gone log hunting so that leaves me. Family business can suck at times If I'm not any better tomorrow I won't be here.

I also have a baby shower to go to tonight. I really want to go. But I don't want to get anyone sick, especially the mother-to-be.

cottage I'm glad your finally get some

lottie GOOD LUCK on you job interview.

Ruth My ticker is lying too. I'm actually 179
I saw 178 for a couple of days but it went back to 179 and has been there for about 3 weeks
Old 06-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #6  

Good Morning Chicks ! Alberto left us albeit flooded...but the Sun Shes A SHININ'TOOOODAY!

Ruthie-- My ticker is on point but all Im doin is maintaining instead of bein on a loosing streak.

Lottie-- Goooooood Luck darlin! I'm sure you will get the job!

Cottage--enjoy yer mim vacay! I hope you get to go to VA

Feelbetter Hotmamma! and hello Mud!!!!

I'm off to run errands this morning be back latter!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #7  

Morning, gals! I'm in the last minute frantic mode of trying to get stuff ready for camp next week. The camp director was supposed to call a meeting to make sure we had all the supplies and that the program was ready but I haven't heard from him. He did schedule one more training session for the parents for Saturday morning which I can go to now that they moved archery to start until 3PM. I have several things I need to pick up at the store but I've been stuck to the house since I have people coming by to pick up camp mugs.

Along the same lines I am swamped at work trying to get things ready for me to take 6 days of vacation. I don't separate from work well. I'm one of those workaholics that is always tied to my pager and checks work email on the weekend and often at night. And I have a lot to turn over to others to follow up on.

My weight is doing okay. I think I'm actually a half pound lower than my ticker. But not nearly as low as that time awhile ago when I made it to 139. I really need to get back down under 140.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #8  

Afternoon all!

I had a whirlwind trip up to Maine this morning for work. I like being out of the office and driving around -- as long as the weather's nice. It was pouring this morning but is sunny and warm now. And I'm back home.

Ruth - three dogs, oh my. Of course, my family once thought three cats to be a scandalous amount -- now we have seven!

Barb -- I always like hearing about your and your son's Cub Scouts/camp activities. Reminds me of all the fun I had in Girl Scouts!

lottie -- good luck! I'm a diehard LB shopper. All the sales associates in my usual one keep commenting on my weight loss -- one more size down and I won't be shopping there and I think I'm their most profitable customer!

Cottage, mudlucious, wannabe, Schatzi -- enjoy your days! I'm off to exercise.............
Old 06-15-2006, 01:53 PM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

well I am weak and sooooo tired today, I am getting ready to lay down and Nap, I never do that during the day, I am affraid I will miss something, I have just no energy, no appetite, I cant breath well, and I feel as if 50 lbs is lying on my chest. I will be checking in periodically, Sorry if I dont seem informative or answer what I should girls.. Kim is going to a big yard sale in OHIO.. Saville , Ithink, I will be babysitting starting this evening untill Sunday evening,, I volunteered, She would not ask due to my birthday being Sunday, but when I ask her she stated thats why she did not ask... but the KIds,, Mandy and Austin are my Best Friends They light up when I come in the room,, What better way to spend My birthday..... That is how I feel about it anyways... Just got to love Kids.. OH I hope one day to have two of my own...... taking applications if there are any Single Men lurking...LOL........Take Care everyone...
Old 06-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #10  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry to be MIA for a few days,just didn't have the time to post.

Nothing new at my end,except DH had to go for a cat scan this morning and tomorrow will be an appointment with the doctor.

Went to BJ's a whse house type where you can get all foods & items in bulk,I guess its just a like Cascos. We pick up our paper prods,Ruga tomato sauce,and V8 there as the are cheaper than Wal-Marts buying less. I get my Medamucil[2.8 lbs] Fiber for $17.49,where in Wal-Marts is more for a little jar.We only buy the products we use all the time.

We still haven't heard from our ins co. Dh is getting angry,as its three weeks that we renting a car,and no end in sight. I don't think our insurance company is going to pay for the rental before the car goes in the shop,[even if the police told us that the car will be ticketed for broken tail lights,]it there policy and they won't alter. We just have to pay for the rental.

Hugs BB
Old 06-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #11  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Well, the interview didn't happen. I called about it as I was told to do by the shift manager yesterday but the store manager said she hadn't had a chance to look at my application and she would call me if she was interested. *fingers crossed*

I don't really NEED this job, I'm on disability, but I really want it. I want to get back into the world. augh.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #12  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

You ladies seem to know what's happening and I have a question, hopefully one of you can help. This is day 5 for me on South Beach. Over the hump as I wish to call it. But I'm confused on some things. How much do I get to eat???? For Breakfast I had 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 pieces of Canadian Bacon. For lunch I had a package of Broccalli Slaw with 3TBLs slivered Almonds, 1/4 c low fat feta cheese crumbled, turkey breast from the deli and about 1/8 c low fat Paul Newman's Raspberry Walnut Vinegerette Dressing. Am I eating too much??? Do I still get to snack??? Like could I have some nuts, or a slice of cheese as a snack. I feel like I'm eating way too much, or I shouldn't have this many options.....Help!!!!

Thanks.
JPS
Old 06-15-2006, 03:25 PM   #13  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Also, can we have Blue Bunny No Sugar Added Fudgecycles?

JPS
Old 06-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi JPS, ( I'd rather call you that than "1fatoldlady". You can find all the answers to any questions you have in the South Beach Diet Most Frequently Asked Questions area of the forum. We have the most updated Phase 1 and Phase 2 lists there, too. And yes, we do get to eat a lot on this program, no reason to go hungry, that's for sure!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:14 PM   #15  

Lady-- I think the gang answered most of your questions... you should be eating 3 meals, 2 snacks and a dessert if you wish. See the food list in the Stickies for ideas on snacks and desserts. Do you have the book?
Closed Thread