Old 06-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Default PURPLE No lites HELP !!

Okay, I went to see my new COD and she said to review the purple plan and see what I thought ?? Now I am on the blue plan and I only lost 1.5 pounds in 6 days but , she said they would review my plan @ my next visit but to review the purple plan no lites. I know how many fruits, veg , protein but I wondered if anyone can give me the breakdown for breakfast - 1 starch 2 fruit and same for lunch, dinner and snacks. I just need to know what to eat when ?
Sorry she didn't really tell me anything about the purple plan just to view it, like I have that info ?? Don't know where. Any help would be great Thanks Stacey
Stayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Stacy--look on the "different LAWL plans" thread and there is a breakdown for purple--it's almost the same as Gold except 1 more veggie and 2 more ounces of the protein portions. I have to say "only" losing 1.5 pounds in 6 days is really good--and remember it will slow down the closer you get to goal. My weeks were never consistent regardless of my weight--some weeks I just lost more/or less than others. Let us know if you have anymore questions--someone is bound to know around here.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #3  
Losing the Weight!

I have to agree with Boos here. I'm on Purple with no Lites, and doing about 1.8 per week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

And BTW ... WELCOME!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #4  

Hey ladies! I'm so glad to hear this! Congratulations! I too opted to go on purple even though I have access to the lites at staff cost. Keep it up everyone
Organized_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #5  

Oh btw Stacey, I'm not sure where you're from but some LAWL markets are different for example in training they told me that blue was no longer a menu drop option for no lites. Gold and Green qualifiers are to be put on purple. That's what my area was told (I'm in southern Alberta) I guess it depends on franchise or corporate *shrugs*
Old 06-13-2006, 06:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayc
Now I am on the blue plan and I only lost 1.5 pounds in 6 days
Losing 1.6 pounds in 6 days is wonderful-nothing to be disappointed about at all. A healthy rate of weight loss is UP TO 2 pounds per week-usually 1/2 to 2 pounds per week.

I know that the counselors aim for 2 pounds per week, but your weight loss isn't going to be like clockwork where you lose exactly 2 pounds per week. In my opinion, if you are losing about 1.6 pounds per week or the 1.8 pounds per week etc. like some of the other ladies on this plan, then you are on the right plan for you right now.

If you switched, and lost more than 2 pounds per week regularly-then you weight loss is actually a little *too* fast to be the healthiest for you. (Unless it is only in the first couple weeks, where larger losses are caused by water loss/less food in the digestive tract because of the sudden change of lifestyle.)

The reason why I am mentioning this, is because in your post you used the phrase "ONLY 1.6 pounds", when you are actually right in the target range of the rate for healthy loss.

Take Care,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos
Oh btw Stacey, I'm not sure where you're from but some LAWL markets are different for example in training they told me that blue was no longer a menu drop option for no lites. Gold and Green qualifiers are to be put on purple. That's what my area was told (I'm in southern Alberta) I guess it depends on franchise or corporate *shrugs*
Ive been on every color so far...mainly Blue, then Gold when I dropped more weight/exercised less, then down to Green near goal, then back to Blue when more exercise was brought back in and now, since I dropped lites, I am at Red since I run 3-5 miles per day about 4 times per week. Strange...
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:33 AM   #8  

Wow Deetsmom! How's red working for you? Red is designed for people who work long hours or students or hypoglycemics and oral diabetics and especially for people who do 5 + hours of cardio per week. I'm glad you shared this because i'm surprised they'd switch you to red so close to goal. It makes sense i just need to study my knowledge on green some more
Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos
Wow Deetsmom! How's red working for you? Red is designed for people who work long hours or students or hypoglycemics and oral diabetics and especially for people who do 5 + hours of cardio per week. I'm glad you shared this because i'm surprised they'd switch you to red so close to goal. It makes sense i just need to study my knowledge on green some more
what are long hours and what is considered students (I would think the regular student would do less "work" then most others..so just wondering)
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #10  
banned

Yea really, Shennie...I am frickin running after 3 kids under 7 all day, running all over town and working at home when they go to bed, no down time at all...not to mention an average of 5hrs of cardio/strength per week. Im so glad I quit my center, all this discrepancy BS...Ive had enough of it already...

I mean, on a GOOD day, I am still not taking in any more than 1200 calories on red without lites, that is NOT enough food to lose with my activity level...I am done with LAWL's hoodoo voodoo....
Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #11  
banned

Yea really, Shennie...I am frickin running after 3 kids under 7 all day, running all over town and working at home when they go to bed, no down time at all...not to mention an average of 5hrs of cardio/strength per week. Im so glad I quit my center, all this discrepancy BS...Ive had enough of it already...

I mean, on a GOOD day, I am still not taking in any more than 1200 calories on red without lites, that is NOT enough food to lose with my activity level...I am done with LAWL's hoodoo voodoo....
Old 06-14-2006, 08:01 PM   #12  
on LAWL

Deets--I'm no expert but do you think maybe you aren't getting enough calories. I think 1200 is really low considering your home/work schedule and the exercise you put in.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:25 PM   #13  
banned

NO DOUBT, exactly my point in replying about being surprised that I would be put on red at all. Red isnt even enough and its a struggle to get teh calories higher, as I am still sticking to LAWL. I have been upping them this past week, when I realised if my heart rate monitor tells me my run burned 600 calories, and Im only eating 1275 in the day, its anorexic type calorie intake for the day at just 675 and thats not even counting basal metabolic needs. I am trying to get 1400 per day and adding in extra protein and such to keep the 30-30-40 balance similar to what Heather was talking about before.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #14  
on LAWL

I see--I was really confused--your poor body is starving. I would love to see a typical 30-30-40 day for you, HeatherPP.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #15  

Default Haven't been here for a while, but...

Here I am. It's has been crazy with the end of school and being home with the 2 little ones (keeping them busy).

Anyway...I'm on the red plan and I get something like 2000 calories. At the end of the day, it seems I always have something left to eat. I only have to think they gave you some other plan with a red cover on it! That's crazy!
hollybeary is offline   Reply With Quote