Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies #78

Welcome to McSkinney's Loozing Floozies!

We're a group dedicated to motivating each other through our daily diet/exercise/life struggles and just "being here" for one another!

Anyone is welcome to join us in our conversations--the more the merrier!

We've been a slow group lately (talking at least ), but please go back to thread #77 and play catch-up! Even when we're slow we're still H-O-T!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just making sure I don't lose you guys! I'm sitting here, listening to a storm and putting up with the obnoxious puppy at my feet....and the 3 yr old daughter who has joined him under my desk.

Chris
Old 06-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #3  
Losing it!

Glad you found us Chris!

Dee, I don't know what planet Larry is from but could you PLEASE clone him???? Steve never picks up were I leave off on chores!

I'll be back leter!
Old 06-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #4  

Chris, I WISH I was listening to a storm!! Our farmers need the rain BADLY!!! I did crop inspections last Thursday and Friday and it was sad .

We need rain!
We need rain!

(That's my cheer for the day)
Old 06-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

I'll do some sort of raindance for ya....how would that be??? The rain here is a very welcome site too. We've had a severe drought going here for the last few years. Scary stuff. Lots of wildfires in the mountains.

Tonight the girls are spending the night at my SIL's house. I have to work tomorrow and so does Kelly so that helps out alot. Of course I have planned a little evening for us without them. It's so hard to find "us" time that doesn't involve children. Heck its hard to find "me" time.

Gotta go....Check back later.

chris
Old 06-15-2006, 05:22 AM   #6  

Ladies, I am here, just lurking. I don't want to bring anyone down with the way I'm feeling. I'll hopefully post later.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:44 AM   #7  
Janice

shelley please know that we are here for you. Good and bad times we want to help you through. Maybe we can help in some way.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #8  
Losing it!

Chris, enjoy the evening without kids! We love them, but it sure is nice to get a break every so often.

Janice, I didn't realize you were so close to goal until I glanced at your ticker! GREAT JOB!

Linda, I bet it made you feel wonderful to be noticed by the pool. You should be proud of the weight you've lost.

Cheryl, we need rain here too but now it is harvest time. So if it rains, the farmers can't get into the fields. Do you have much wheat in your area? The wheat here is very poor this year. My brother said he should turn all of the ground over into CRP...it would probably make as much, if not more income by the time you figure, risk, fuel expenses, insurance etc. He has one circle of irrigation and it runs $1000.00 in fuel every time he runs a complete circle!

Suzy, did Tim get out of town? How is his finger?

Shelley, BIG HUGE HUMONGOUS HUGS TO YOU TODAY! LOVE YOU!

Off to mow today!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Chris ~ I hope you had a nice quiet evening without the kiddos!

Shelley ~ We're here for you through good times and bad...vent, cry, scream or whatever!

Cheryl ~ I hope you get some rain! Our spring here was the driest I ever remember! We have had some rain the past few weeks, but I'm sure our water table is still low.

Gayle ~ Tim leaves tomorrow morning and will be home late Sunday afternoon. His finger is doing pretty good. We trimmed some trees the other night and he pulled it open a bit, so now it's sore again, but no signs of infection.

I'm mowing today too...just waiting for the grass to dry a bit first. Then I have pies to bake for tomorrow. The Parris Island Marine Corps Band is going to be in town for a parade here on Saturday (the famous Laurel Festival ). Anyway the Masonic Lodge is feeding them while they are here and they asked me if I would be willing to make some pies for them. So between all that and getting Tim ready to leave Friday morning I'm going to be a busy girl today!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Hi everyone!

Shelley, scream, vent whatever, we are here!

Gayle and Suzy, have fun mowing! At least, you are outside, in the fresh air!

Cheryl, we have had all the rain, guess I was being stingy! We had flood warnings, hope you get some soon!

I have to work today and then have WW tonight. I hope I lost something this week! Yesterday we were with Rob's Mom for the day, so I should have lost, just for the tenseness I felt! that woman can be the nicest sweetest thing or the crabbiest crankiest thing around! Sometimes, I think she has to be twins and we never know which one is around on a given day! Also, on the way to work today, we are taking our one cat to the Vet. This cat is afraid of everything, so just catching her to get her in the crate is a comedy here!! Fun day ahead!

Hope you are all having a great day!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #11  

We have quite a bit of wheat, but most of our farmers have finished harvesting it (averaging about 65-70 bushels/acre ). Right now our cotton, beans, rice and milo (grain sorghum) are needing the rain. We have a lot of farmers with pivots, too, and you should see the difference in the crops that are irrigated!

What we're running into now is that our people who double crop soybeans behind wheat can't plant--which is cutting into their production projections. Of course, some of them are using the money they would've used to plant those beans to irrigate the ones they already have, so it's six of one, half-dozen of the other.

I've heard that the new farm bill is going to be "greener"--I guess that means they're going to try to 'push' more farmers out? Still haven't figured out for sure what that means (the "greener" part).

I feel for the farmers!! (and speaking of--- I wonder if our DAIRY FARMER'S WIFE ever lurks around!?!?!?!)
Old 06-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #12  
Focus on the Process

just had to say hi and let ya all know that last night was great without the little ones. We ate dinner at Johnny Carino's, took a little drive, came home and took the puppy for a walk...and all the other stuff couples do. Then I got up early with my hubby to clean the shop where he used to work. IT's a pain in the butt but its extra money a month.

I have my backpack loaded with healthy stuff and I'm off to work. Hope you all have a nice day. And Shelley, chin up...I'm with everyone else, SCREAM! VENT! We'll all listen....

chris
Old 06-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #13  
In it for life!

Hi everybody,

I wish we would get a small shower here too. It's so hot in the south. The air just takes your breath away sometimes.

I have good news to report! I weighed in last night and lost another 3.4 pounds!!! Over my half-way mark now! I can't believe how well I've done and managed to stick with it. You ladies have been a great inspiration to me! Thanks a million!

I might not post much but I do read and can relate to a lot of what everyone is going through. Hang in there!

Yes, it was good for my ego to be flirted heavily with at the pool! He saw me later on that night when I was "dolled" up and about to go dancing! Nice to see his mouth drop open.

Thanks again!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:16 PM   #14  

Thanks, Ladies. I actually feel a little better. I ran a bit. I had the painter at school stop me and say to not take this the wrong way, but that I was a very attractive lady. I think he must have been high from the paint fumes!

Cheryl-Indeed, the farmer's wife is probably lurking. I miss her.

Debbi-Believe me, I can relate on the MIL issue. Just ask any of the ladies here. She is plain evil.

Janice-Thanks for the help!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Congrats on making it half way....Linda! That is awesome.

Shelley....whooooo! You got an admirer. Doesn't that just make your day! I know it would make mine. I miss being looked at. Now I just get passed by. One of these days...I'm gonna be a skinny mama. Watch out world!

Okay...sorry not to include everyone but I have to get dinner going for the starving children. Hubby is working overtime because the routing people at Sears can't seem to get their stuff together. So hopefully I'll see him in not too long.

Check back later...

chris
Closed Thread