Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default What are your best/favorite inspirations on 3FC?

I absolutely LOVE 3FC! THANK YOU so much to the 3 original fat chicks!

I''ve found lots of useful information, wisdom, inspiration, motivation and new "friends"!

There are so many excellent forums/threads, moderators, and posters!

What are some of your favorites?
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:09 AM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

I love the progress pics. Nothing motivates me more!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Inspiration? Meg, Mel and Ilene!

I hang out in Calorie Counters Keep it Simple, Almost There, Featherweights, Exercise Accountability, Ladies Who Lift and I read lots lots more!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #4  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario
I love the progress pics. Nothing motivates me more!!!
Me too!!!

Forums I love: support, food, chicks in control, maintainers

Moderators: ALL of them are great! Far too many to name but I do especially appreciate Ellis, Meg, Mel and Suzanne

Some of the most incredibly motivating chickies: Meg gets my award for most motivating! She has an amazing story to tell and she tells it in an articulate, knowledgeable, insightful and INTERESTING way! Thank you Meg, you are my hero!!!!
Others: MrsJim, Mel, Glory...............thanks for helping us all realize that is IS possible to succeed!

There are MANY others which I'll add as I think of them!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #5  

If I keep adding the folks who've inspired me here ... this thread is going to get verrrry long!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #6  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

So many people!

SusanB, Mel, Meg, Ilene, Lucky, LLV, and of course the 3 lovely ladies who keep this site running so we all can post here along with so many more ladies who I know I appreciate every day and am just not thinking of.

I think the daily threads are very helpful because when I am not reading them I am usually going off plan, and when I *am* reading them I am thinking about how I can do better. But really, EVERYONE makes this site as awesome as it is!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

What a neat thread. I love the mini-goal and support threads . I try to read them everyday. I also love the Atkins chat room and Maintainers chat room. I get such invaluable lessons from the others here. Having been at this new life-style for almost a year, the support here at home is dwindling. It's old news that mom is losing weight. They are sick of hearing it. So, I come here for my support. The exercise challenges really help me a lot, I feel guilty if I don't have any exercise to post for the day. The inspirational stories of Meg, Mel, Charles and Glory have helped me a great deal. I love to read their posts and believe that I , too, can be a maintainer.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Also, Misti in Seattle is a great inspiration for me. She is working so hard and her upbeat attitude makes me smile.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #9  

I have so many I check out everyday, but I love the whole site and especially the inspirational before and after pics. I just discovered the Calorie Counters thread. There is so much info on this entire site. It can be overwhelming at times. I thank God for the three wonderful ladies that started this site. Thank you--a million times!!
ripples57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #10  
hara hachi bu

Before/progress/after pictures are what initially drew me in, and still are a source of inspiration for me.

Watching my own ticker move.

I also get a LOT of recipe ideas, especially for vegetables.

Posting daily food intakes helps me a lot as well.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #11  

This may be the mother in me coming out but I have a soft spot for some of the young women here. They show grit, determination and wisdom for young'uns. A few I can think of are 2frustrated, blues4miles, sotypical and jillybean720 ....
Old 06-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 117/110/70

I love the Goal stories, when i feel like i am having a bad day, or craving something i shouldnt, i simply sit there and read all the stories, afterwards i am inspired enough to go on, at least for another day anyway.
x0_MoNiQuE_0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:25 PM   #13  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0_MoNiQuE_0o
I love the Goal stories, when i feel like i am having a bad day, or craving something i shouldnt, i simply sit there and read all the stories, afterwards i am inspired enough to go on, at least for another day anyway.
This is one of the reasons I was so glad to see the goal stories put into their own forum. At the top! I like reading them too. Especially when I am starting to lose my way.

There are a lot of familiar names... when I see them I have to read as they are always so helpful and supportive. Then there are new names or less familiar names that I see.. when I read many of these posts I am also inspired and energized.

Then of course a special kudos and hug to a few buddies who really seem to understand me. We are all equally lost yet since we are lost together we aren't really lost at all.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:43 PM   #14  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I really enjoy the Maintainers forum because I know that losing the weight is only half of the battle - the hardest part will be keeping it off! The maintainers are very inspirational and always ready to share good ideas with the rest of us to help make our goal weight permanent. Thanks Maintainers!

I also really like the Calorie Counters forum.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #15  

I love the before and after pics. And I love that I log on here every morning and all the same people are here. And whether they respond to me or not, somebody reads my posts; it makes me feel like I have to report to someone.. I hope I never quit checking in here every morning. I will really feel guilty if I don't.
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote