Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 09:58 AM   #1  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Small Successes

This thread is to post your Small Successes because, however small you may think it is, a success is a success and you should congratulate yourself for it!! Did you resist something you knew you shouldn't eat? Did you take a smaller portion? Did you "go the extra mile" (or even an extra 5 minutes) on the treadmill? Did you say NO when you really wanted to say YES YES YES?

Well, this is the place to boast about it a little. Come on! Let's hear about your success!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 10:01 AM   #2  
Long Lost Chickie

OK, you've all heard that I had a pretty bad weekend. But here's something. I was in the mall on Sunday and every time I walked past the food court, I found myself thinking "I'm so hungry" and "that food smells so good", etc. Know how many stops I made at the food court?

NONE. I just kept walking. Exercise and food-avoidance all in one!

One small success for Jo.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:13 PM   #3  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey isn't this thread a good one? and thanks so much Jo for starting this great thread.

I knew that I would be up cause Carol/CJ and Dick are here and we have been eating out almost every day and there were times when I was off program and I knew that I was going to be up and last week I was planning to just not go today. But last night I decided to just face the music and go this morning. Although the scale was up 3.4 lbs, that is alright because I can know get back on track and work really hard this week with getting back to my exercise program, drinking all the water, filling out my journal and staying on within my points range. So I am very proud for going to my meeting today, CJ came with me and we had a good pep talk about staying on program for Thanksgiving so that was a postive thing for today.

Jo-Yaaaaa for you that you just kept on awalking right past all those stands. Besides saving yourselves a whole lot of calories, you got in some extra exercise too with your walking I am sure.

Any other Small Sucesses for anyone? Anything thing at all, no matter how small is a success. Come on and post and let us know so you can give yourself a pat on the back and we can give you one too.

Sassy Sharon
Old 11-12-2001, 04:22 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

Jo, thanks for starting this thread. It's a great idea to start bragging about the little things we do to make the weight loss easier.

I have posted part of my latest success on the other thread, but thought I would add a little more. Yesterday I had terrible cravings for desserts (bread pudding with a rich custard sauce) and protein. I made hubby take me into town to go grocery shopping and still couldn't get rid of that feeling that I just HAD to have something.

Soooo, I sat down at the 'puter and thought I would read posts on the 3FC site and drink a bottle of seltzer (bought 30 bottles at the store a few minutes before). When I was finished the bottle of seltzer, I shut down the computer and discovered that the cravings were gone.

In reflecting back, I remember the days that my cravings are the greatest. They coincide with the days that I am not drinking enough water. I don't have this need during the week at work, but I have a fridge full of water in my office. Hmmm. I will need to check to see if this is true, or whether I am trying to convince myself.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 11-13-2001 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-13-2001, 02:26 PM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

A small success for me! I may have mentioned this one before because I've done it in the past. But it still works for me.

I love Mounds candy bars. Needless to say, they are most certainly not on my program. (Well, not as many of them as I want anyway.) Found an answer.

Are you all familiar with Jelly Belly Jelly Beans? They come in 40 flavors like Buttered Popcorn and Cantaloupe and Green Apple and Root Beer, etc. Good thing is that they also come in both Chocolate and Coconut. I figured it out once that 12 beans is 1 point on the WW program. And if you eat a chocolate one with a coconut one (or even 2 or 3 of each) you really do get the taste of a Mounds bar! And you save yourself something like 5 or 6 points.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:20 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

18 Weeks on Weight Watchers

July 9 started my journey to weight loss, and now that I am halfway there, here are some of the small successes that I have accumulated over the past 18 weeks.

18 weeks ago:

1. My size 16 clothes were getting too small. Today I decided that I would replace them with the correct size - walked out with a size 10. No wonder my pants were falling off my hips. Bless the person who invented the belt. Bought a whole bunch of stuff in size 10. (Hubby had a lunch meeting, so that gave me waaay too much time on my hands.)

2. I was worn out when I walked around the block. I am now exercising 30 minutes every day and aiming to build up to 60 minutes. (The hard part is walking the dog on the treadmill. Both of us don't fit very well.)

3. I grabbed a quick coffee on the way out the door in the morning. Now I get up 30 minutes earlier and stop to eat a proper, although 3 pt. breakfast. Bonus is that hubby is doing the same.

4. When I tried to circle my wrist with the fingers of the opposite hand, my fingers didn't meet. Now my fingers not only meet, but I can wear a small sized pearl bracelet that hubby brought from China. Before, this was only a dream for "when I lose some weight."

5. I was wearing a W width shoe. The alternative to the W width was a leather shoe that would stretch to fit my feet. Now, my shoes are tooooo big and flop when I walk.

6. I drank water with the occasional meal. Today, I am drinking at least 2-3 litres of water every day. Been running to the biffy a lot, too...

7. I have lots of energy.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:11 AM   #7  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

A small success for me: Last nite while my daughter was doing something on the computer, I got on her exercise bike and did it for 15 minutes! Of course, it was on the lowest setting, but I still felt the effects!

Peggy: I have been on WW since the end of January and have only lost 14 1/2 lbs ... but, to me that is a big success because if I had not stuck with the program, I would still be 14 1/2 lbs heavier. I can see and feel the difference, and intend to be more strict with the program after the 1st of the year! Right now, If I can get to 165 by xmas, that will be a "small success" for me.

Jo: Thank you for starting this thread!

Love, CJ
Old 11-16-2001, 12:51 AM   #8  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default another small success ...

I probably should be posting on an exercise thread for this but to me this is a small success since I don't do well in the exercise department - I was burning some CD's tonite and while I was waiting for them to get done I got on my daughter's exercise bike again and did 20 minutes!

Another small success for me - plus I stayed OP all day today!

Love, CJ
Old 11-16-2001, 10:10 AM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, they're serving the monthly birthday cake, pies, danish, etc. in the cafeteria as we speak. And I was given a break and able to leave my desk long enough to stop at the ladies' room and go to the cafeteria to refill my water bottle.

A BIG success would have been to go back and fill the bottle completely ignoring the goodies. Ah, but this is a SMALL success thread, right? I admit to taking a little piece of the apple pie. I even brought it back to my desk. I took a tiny bite of the apples and a tiny bite of the crumbly crust on top. Then I wrapped up the rest in some paper and threw it in the garbage.

Yes, it was tasty. Yes, I enjoyed it. No, I didn't overdo it!

Jo.
Old 11-16-2001, 06:10 PM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Way to go, Jo. I'm so proud of you for tasting and not eating the whole thing. I can't do that. If I taste, I know I will pick at it until it is gone.

You are doing so well. Have a great weekend.
Old 11-18-2001, 07:51 PM   #11  

Tonight my niece, Becky was over and husband Ken asked us if we wanted to go for a walk in Mill Race Park. We were only too happy to go there and took a really nice 3 mile or so walk. The weather was beautiful, and it was so nice walking among the fallen leaves. It was great.

Than we get home and my skinny niece goes to the fridge and gets a piece of chocolate mouse cake. Hey CJ it was left by your husband Dick from our Bahama Breeze lunch. Well she ate it and than left one little bite and offered to me and of course I said "NO" But it was sure funny than she waited till she only had one bite left to offer me some. LOL But anyways the important thing is that I turned her down flat. One bite hardly seems worth my while, but I think the reason I turned her down was because how the heck can I go on a 3 mile fast walk like we did and than turn around and eat that? LOL Not me anyways, not this time!

Jo-Good job on your willpower on the apple pie. Yes that was the spirit, feed that old trash can. LOL

CJ-Good job on the tread mill like you have been doing. Everything you do surely helps you get where you are going.

Peggy-Wow look at all you have accomplished during this time. Your clothes are too big, you are exercising like crazy, your are eating a good healthy breakfast, drinking your water and my gosh your shoes have even gotten too big. Way to go!

Look how much we can accomplish with our small successes, they do add up don't they?

Take care guys, love ya. Sassy Sharon
Old 12-09-2001, 01:55 PM   #12  

I have been walking with my Leslie Sanson tapes faithfully for the past few weeks, don't think I hardly skipped a day. I also started a new holiday exercise thead cause I think we need all the help, encouragement, motivation support we can right now during this holiday season. So come and join me and post.

Anyone else have a small success? It can be anything from passing up something or anything else. Join in and let us know about what you have done or not done in your program.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 12-11-2001, 08:53 AM   #13  
Long Lost Chickie

Default With friends like these....

Remember last Friday when they were all partying back in the cafeteria with the birthday cake and I swore I'd stay at my desk and not go get a piece?

Well, my "friend" brought a piece to me! What a nice person. She left it on my desk and walked off. I thanked her for it, waited until she left, wrapped it up and threw it in the trash.

OK, OK, I licked the fork. But I didn't eat the cake.
Old 12-11-2001, 02:50 PM   #14  
Mistress of My Universe

Default Hmm...

Today, I finally got motivated and did all the chores I really, really have been needing to do, like changing my car insurance, picking up some legal papers, and getting a vacuum out of storage (I hate driving all over!) and I had myself convinced that stopping at Jack in the Box and getting a chicken pita sandwich wasn't an awful idea (I'd get the diet COKE!), when I instead went to the drugstore, picked up some seltzer waters and some Budget Gourmet rice meals (around 300 calories, rice, veggies and WATER CHESTNUTS!!!) instead

So that was a small success for me!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:57 PM   #15  
Conquering with SBD

I have a small success to report. I didn't really realize it as a success until I thought about it last night. These behaviors are finally starting to become a habit. Yeah!

I went to a Christmas affair yesterday afternoon (food LOOKED great). LOL. I went to find myself a drink, only to have beer, wine, soft drinks on the menu. I inquired about whether there were any diet drinks there and was informed, complete with an "are you off your rocker look" that there were not.

I asked the server to fill a glass with ice and went off in search of a sink to fill the glass with water. Sucked my glass of water for the afternoon.

I know for sure that last year I would not have done that...
Closed Thread