Old 06-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #1  
Mommy of two

S/C/G: 208/190/150

Default waist smaller than stomach = gut...help!

I've been doing great on this woe so far with no complaints. I'm down 21 lbs. and have lost 5.5 inches off of my waist. I know that's a good thing and all other areas are going down too but how will my stomach measurements ever get below my waist measurements? I almost don't care about my waist, I just want my stomach to be smaller than whatever my waist is, kwim? I know you can't spot reduce... blah blah but does that mean I will never have a flat stomach? Any of you ladies who lost weight on this woe, did your tummy ever flatten to below your waist size or is there still a pooch? I just want that bulge gone already. Any advice?

SIO
slimminginohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  

You are having great success...you might want to try Pilates...it is hard to grasp at first but it works great from your core and you do see muscle definition early on....espeacially in the stomach area!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I second Pilates!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

It took me forever to lose from stomach with this woe. However, due to hernias and liver disease I'm not able to do any abdominal exercises. All I do is walk for exercise. I lost hips and legs first. Within 15 lbs. of goal all the weight started coming from tummy, I thought it would never happen but it looks pretty flat now. Granted, it could be better, but I am happy with the way it is going. Also started losing boobs at the very end which I had plenty of to spare.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

slimmimg- A lot has todo with your age and having kids.
I had 3 c sections and I was told point blank that it would never go away with all the situps in the world by a Doctor.
So far, he's right! I'm Beginning to figure how I can reward myself when I reach goal by having a tummy tuck!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:09 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

I've no answer to help you with this. Good luck and keep up the great work!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Try JiggleFreeAbs. It's a workout video from the Firm.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

mine is hereditary....so I vote for the tuck too once all mine is off.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #9  

I don't quite understand your question. The natural waist is the narrowest point between your ribcage and your hipbones. How can your "stomach" be smaller than that? (BTW, I am assuming you are referring to the lower abdominal area when you say stomach, is that right?) Most women will always have a pouch in the lower abdominal area - it is very natural and even very fit women have a little bit of one. It is just a natural part of the female shape.
1TiredGradStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #10  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

yeah-I try to keep telling myself it's natural too, but then I see all the skinny teenagers walking around with the low rise jeans, and THEIR stomachs don't have "the pooch". For God's sake, I see them all the time whose stomachs look CONCAVE, and it makes me sick, because mine NEVER looked that, even as a healthy teenager. I think there's something in the water now
I've had 3 c-sections also, so if I can ever afford it, surgery has vote #3 right here. My pooch isn't just a little bloated looking area that annoys me, it's a grotesque, dangling, jiggling, city block's worth of blubber at this point! My mom had a similar problem, and 20 years of keeping a healthy weight later, you can't tell at all. So there is hope for it-I just don't want to have to wait for my "swimsuit body" until I'm 50!
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

rebeleagle - That's exactly what I have. It really kilss me becaue even with losing weight I'm down 2 pants sizes but I still have to wear long tops or baggy pants not to show my lower stomach. You can tell right through the pants that I have a pooch. I will never feel thin or in-shape as long as I have that. It was my surgeon (who did my hernia operation after the 3 c-sections ) that told me no amount of sit-ups would get rid of that. In fact I think with losing more weight it will probably just get worse.
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote