South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday, Monday Chat! June 12

I nearly called this thread "Moanday" because I wanted to weather-whine again. If I get much more of this crappy weather I will just give up on the garden. It doesn't help that I'm starting another darn cold. Achoo!

This morning I take Harry to the dermatologist again about his ear problem. It is definitely skin cancer and I've no idea what happens next. Radiation? He isn't worried about it one bit - the "good" side about dementia. I'll grab a bite to eat in Perth while I'm there and then go on to the Falls and have some puppy therapy. (The one girl in the litter is still looking good and may be kept for breeding. It's too early to tell, of course, but I've already picked out a name for her if I keep her. We do want to build on the Hershey -> Lucy line.)

Later today I just MUST make that batch of chili, The cans of kidney and black beans and crushed tomatoes are still sitting on my counter. I ended up giving the "expired" ground beef to the Girls. I never know how long meat keeps after the best before data and never take a chance.

Right now, a soak in the rub with another coffee seems like a good way to crank up Monday.

What are your plans for today?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #2  

Good morning Ruth!!

It sure has been quiet around these boards lately. Makes it easier to keep up with posts, just hope everyone is working their SBD program!

My weekend wound up being fun, but busy. I was at church for a good portion of yesterday getting ready for Vacation Bible School which starts today. It seems like it will be a really neat program, I hope so!! I am one of the two people in charge of crafts- I will have 4-5 groups every 20 minutes for 5 rotations. Today we are painting t-shirts- wish me luck!!

OP weekend until last night watching the Mavericks game- got into some popcorn and then some cookies. Stupid, stupid, stupid.......

Gotta get into the shower! Have a great day!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it is quiet. Perhaps we should be encouraging the newbies more to join the daily. We don't want to be a clique!

I loved doing VBS a few years ago. I wasn't that great on the religious part but sure was good at crafts and snacks! The kids were so cool and we had three men helping out. Actually the kid we had the most problems with was our minister's kid. i went better when Rev. Daddy was not there "helping"!

Have a great day.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ruth, Kiko ,and all you others out there. I'm taking care of a neighbor's house while they're on vacation, so I do that first thing so I won't forget. It's overcast and cool here again, too, Ruth, so I know how you're feeling. It was supposed to be a nice warm sunny weekend, but it felt like March! I'm ready to switch off every other week with Barband Kiko LOL!
I'm starting a week of Phase 1 today after the "sins of the weekend". We had a French themed party for Caitlyn on Saturday, and the temptations were just too hard to resist. How do French women stay so slender?!!! The party was a great hit, though, and Caite is very excited about her upcoming trip. She leaves this Sunday and will be gone for 3 weeks. I'm very happy and proud for her, but I will be much happier when she's back home again and I can breathe a sigh of relief!
Well, I'd better start getting ready to leave. I have to be at the little ones' house around 10 today. We don't have any plans for the day, just take things as they come.

Ruth ~ I'm sending up a prayer for Harry and hoping all goes well.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

Man there is absolutely no body around... Glad I have another thread I belong to. Man where is everyone????????????????????????????????
Old 06-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Wake Up Beachers... It's another week...

I had a good weekend. The Cars movie was great. The kids loved it. Even my 3 y.o. was entertained. He only got restless a couple of times. We had to wait for the 7pm show cause when we got there for the 4:30 show it was sold out. So we bought tickets for the next show, and killed time eating at chick-fil-a (salad for me) and playing on the indoor play area, then to walmart for river supplies. I cheated some at the movies. Had a couple handfuls of popcorn and a few m&m's Then Sunday we went to the river. Beautiful day for it too. Another cheat, chips, but just a few. Not even one of those individual snack size bags worth. But then we had to make another trip back to Walmart for the weeks groceries. Didn't get back home til 8:30. The kids were pooped.

So after cheating this weekend, I'm back OP. So far no cravings, so maybe I didn't do too much damage.

Busy week this week. I'm hosting a jewelry party Tuesday evening then I have a baby shower on Thursday(yet another trip to WalMart)

Looks like we've missed the tropical storm in my area. Thank goodness!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #7  

Hi there ladies....hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Ruth, I wouldn't have minded if you called the thread "Moanday" -- that's all I've been doing this morning! I strained my back somehow yesterday (probably moving a mattress and boxspring on my own). I worsened it at the gym this morning and now, sitting at my desk is torture! More than the expected "I'm at work, ugh" torture.

My eating habits on the weekends are just terrible. I eat all OP foods, but either too little or too much and at totally random times. It's just something about being at my parents' house and I can't seem to cut it out. Yesterday, I indulged in too many "Absolutely Free!" peach melba frozen treats. Another off-limits item for me now, to add to Cool Whip and Blue Bunny sugar-free ice creams! Sigh.....

I have tons of work today...maybe other chicks do, too, and are staying away? Hope the board livens up! Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #8  
South Beach Life Style

Wannabe~ I am wanting to take Austin to see the movie Cars. he is 4 yrs old.. Maybe this weekend. Glad to hear your few Off Plan snacks did not hurt you....
Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

It appears that we all had a challenging weekend! Today marks day 7 phase one for me. Everything has been going well, even had a stressful weekend, but I didn't cheat! Had major plumbing issues arise, DD's bday was a wash, but we got the plumber out here and made up for my DD's bday yesterday. So, I am glad it's Monday!
I think all of the great recipes I have been reading here are making me crave more!!! I Probably should stay away from the recipe boards this week.

Ruth- it seems like you possess a abundance of gardening skills. I am a novice in that area. Maybe you could answer my question? I am looking for something to spray the leaves of my plants with, so the bugs stop chewing on them. Any organic spray that I can make at home?

I'm off to pay some bills and mow the lawn.....yawn
Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Moanday..........

Ruth if you won't call it that....I will! ugh! I hate early mornings....especially since I worked until 0200. I'm pretty frustrated all day yesterday...........
OK, so here's the deal. I feel like I'm a pretty good phase one-er....I've done it so many times in the last two years and I always get good results and a good jump start to good behavior. So this time after a 10.5 pound weight loss, I decided I'd go one more week of phase one to maybe hit the next "decade". Yesterday was the end of week three....I gained a pound! WHat's with that?????? So what do I do????? Eat several slices of fresh homemade bread, popcorn, candy, pretty much everything in 8 hours that would go into my mouth!!!!!! HAVE I LEARNED NOTHING????

OK, so today I think the evil twin that resides in my head is gone....I hope...and I hope that reason will again be my friend.

Ruth, you need to post a picture of the potential new member of the doggage family

Kiko, sounds like your crafts thing will be fun to do.

cottage, sounds like the french theme was fun. Enjoy your day today.

wannabemama, is your jewelry party a cookie lee? They are popular around here.

sunlit, sounds like the weekend eating thing was a no-no for everyone, maybe there's a full moon brewing.

Luc's mom, congrats on making it through the weekend.

Well, I'm off to get my camp trailer ready to take a church group of girls to camp next week. Should be a fun time.

Hang in there everyone!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Morning all.....df & I went to the movies yesterday too - we saw The Break Up - it was ok, I hated the end. Dinner was Red Lobster & I ate too much!! Drinking plenty of water today!
Doc. appt today & then work - ugh!
I found a beautiful necklace for my grandma's b-day....it was only $50! I'm sure is will love it.
See ya later
Old 06-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #12  

Morning, gals! If you saw my post from yesterday you will know that I have been working way too much and sleeping way too little. I did manage to take Brian to mass eventually and we spent over an hour at the animal shelter. There are so many cute puppies and kittens right now. Brian wanted to head straight to the pool afterwards but it really was dinner time so we came home and had pork tenderloin, broccoli, and other veggies and then headed to the pool until bed time. We had a contest on who could tread water the longest but declared it a tie after about 7 minutes! My legs were sore!

Tonight DH will take Brian to gymnastics, to Subway for dinner and then to swimming lessons so I can get to the gym if I don't have to work late. My eating this weekend was not too bad (some tortillas chips at the rocket launch but otherwise good) and I'm actually down a little this morning.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:48 AM   #13  

Default hi

hi everyone just to let you know iv recieved my elliptical trainer today only done 10 min cause it tired me out so much putting the thing up lol.

my beginning weight was 172lb my weight now is 158lb

before 12pm i had an apple and an orange
dinner 12:30 a 200g jacket potatoe with flora diet butter only 23% fat and 23cal per serving also 100g beans
also a shape 0.1% fat yogurt

my aim is to lose 1- 1 and a half a week

good luck everyone
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #14  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Morning all!! I was up bright and ealry this morn....not by choice, but because I couldn't get back to sleep at 5:30 a.m. I had a bone to pick with Dell about my new computer . Long story short, they did not tell me that I needed a $200 wireless adapter to get my brand spanking new PC with Windows Media Center on it to work like TiVo on my TV in the living room (computer is in bedroom) . Not to mention, no one at Dell even seems to know how to work the media center. I actually had to go to the Microsoft website to verify I wasn't crazy beofre I called them and lo and behold, I wasn't crazy .....it should work like TiVo on the bedroom TV. So I gave them an earful and a supervisor is supposed to call me back sometime today. Ugh! The hassels of new technology.

It is definitely "Moanday". I seem to be stalled weight wise, even though I have cut calories. I don't know what to try next. The first time I did SBD, the weight came off so easily. That does not seem to be the case this time . Only difference is I don't have an "active" job, I sit at the computer and work now. I suspect that may be playing a part in it.

I hope everyone is having a better Monday than I am.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #15  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

A new week and fresh start. Leo & I finally got the permision to fix our car.We're brought it in this morning,but they won't be able to have an appointment until next Monday,so hopefully will have it back at the end of next week some time.

This is alway the week Leo has to go back to have a cat-scan and visit with the radiation doctor.Will let you know the results.Hope is good.

Ruth-I'm so sorry to hear about Harry. Sending some prayers your way.

kiko-Glad you had a nice weekend ours was half and half

Cottage-Good Luck on Phase 1. I can't stay on Phase 1 for a week anymore after having a bad weekend I just go back to Lite eating and remain on Phase 2.To me going back & forth between Phase 1 to 2 to 1 again is nothing but a YoYo effect for me it DOESN"T WORK.

Wanabe-I'm not a movie goer,but I really like to see THE CARS myself. Hopefully someone will let me rent a kid,so I can get into the theater to see it. Just call me a kid at heart.

SunLite-that where portion control comes in. I really believe in it.I lost 2-lbs because of the portion control plan.

RNMOM-Sorry about your gain and over eating. Thats why I don't like Phase 1,you have to bring the good carbs back.Just use a small plate,and practice portion control.

Soon-I haven't been at Red Lobster in ages,is it any good. I see there advertisements all the time of T.V. I'm sure you grandma will love the thoughtfulness to buy her a bracelet.Remember little things mean a lot.

Barb-You're a busy gal just reading your post ,hope you find your zzzzzz's.

trysohard-your lucky you have room for the elliptical machine, I had to move my bike out of the livingroom for DH recliner. Have fun using it.

Hugs BB
Closed Thread