Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 09:34 AM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#929

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls~

WI day here and I have lost 3 lbs.. That sure is my magic Number! I swear the weather here is awfull. Cold enough to turn our stove on, and it is June,, c'mon!!!! Rain and cool weather,, dont think West Virginia is wanten to let go of winter...... Take Care All
Old 06-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #3  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Yeah Crock!!!!!!

Brenda
Old 06-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #4  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Crock - Great job on another 3 pounds down. You are doing awesome!

Sharon
- Hope your tummy is feeling better soon!

Nancy - No worries, we are happy to hear from you when you can. I think we all understand that "real life" sometimes interferes with "cyber life".

SueMarie - Congrats to you too on losing another 5 pounds. I totally am on board with drinking lots of water helps you lose weight. (I say, as I drink my second Diet Coke of the morning and it's only 10AM ). But on weeks where I have really tried to drink alot of water my weight loss has always been better. For sure we know if keeps us from retaining water by flushing everything out, but I have also read that when you are dehydrated your liver has a harder time doing what it needs to do and can slow down weight loss. Anyway, keep it up. I need to work on curtailing the diet sodas too.

Annie - As always, thanks so much for your encouragement. I need to refocus and remember the lady in my WW meeting who lost 157. You guys are my online inspiration and she is my real life one.

Vilandra - Swimming is a great exercise. For a while I was doing water aerobics at a gym I used to belong to but they didn't have a deep water pool and that is what I am really interested in. Every now and then I still try to figure out where there might be deep water classes near me because I bet they would be fun AND a real butt-kicker as far as exercise goes. Is that your puppy in your avatar? He's so cute. What kind is it?

Well, tomorrow I have to go back to work. BLAH. I wish I loved my job, but I really don't. The money's good though so I have a hard time walking away from it. Maybe someday down the road I will feel like I can quit and go do something more enjoyable and fulfilling to me.

Hey, has anyone ever tried Enell sports bras? Oprah had recommened them a few years ago for large chested women. I finally decided to order one. They are expensive ($62 retail, but I found a site selling them for $46.99) but I decided to give it a try. I never was a large chested girl. Used to be a B cup but with all this weight gain my chest has really gotten larger. Right now I am 50" under my bust and my bust is 56". Anyway, if anyone else has tried them let me know what you thought. So far I have only read good reviews.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning Ladies

Thanks so much for the welcome.

Annie - Congrats on the three lbs. My scale moved down yesterday 3 lbs too! We love that don't we! Did you get any fun gadgets at your Pampered Chef party?

Heather - You always have such a sensible attitude. I've learned a lot from your posts. I'm sure you'll be able to transition between some offplan days and back on track days beautifully.

Kayley - It sounds like the job situation is looking great. Good luck. I hope you get a good offer. The car does sound like an alternator problem like Nancy suggested. That's not TOO expensive to repair. LOTS of exercise for you yesterday!! Woohoo, you make me feel so LAZY since Saturday had no intentional exercise for me.

Hi Shel, It's nice to see your avatar and to see you come "public" so to speak. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to share on these forums things that we wouldn't be able to share in real life. I've been married to my husband for 17 years and he has no real idea how much I weigh, (and if I told him, I'd have to kill him ), but I don't mind if you girls know all the details.

Sharon - Thanks for the sweet words. Good thing I put my face on my avatar and not my big bum or tummy, because then you wouldn't be able to say that. I hope the pill helps. Hormones play such a big part in our emotions as well as in our weight loss. I'm taking provera to try to get my cycle started again, and I always know that the scale won't budge for two weeks out of the month while I'm taking that. It's been superhot here this weekend also, and so humid! Hope you get completely well soon. How old are your boys?

Zelma - You are such an inspiration to me. I hope you hear from the bookstore. It's great to see confidence increasing. It sounds like it has really been a life change for you. Also, I've worked in libraries for quite a while. Have you ever considered occasionally volunteering to help with Summer Reading Programs or storytimes there? I'm making an assumption that Australian libraries have something similar to what US libraries have in our summer. It would have been a blessing to have had someone with your enthusiasm and knowlege helping with either storytime or the reading program. I saw the pictures you posted for "Slimmer of the Year". Fantastic! I hope you hear from them. From reading your comments to Sue Marie, you sound like such a great teacher.

Melissa - I hope Tuesday brings good news. DS and I have started working out with free weights. We're still trying to learn how to do it. LOL but we're having a good time. It's a good way for a 14 yo son and mom to spend time together. I used to love to go swimming, but since gaining so much weight I haven't gone in years. I planned to buy a suit and go this year, but i've waited so late, I may not find one in the stores.

Patti - Sorry to read about the pain you're having in your foot and leg. Maybe it is something you need to see the dr about. Good to see someone else from MS here.

Ingrid - I'm still very new to this thread also. I look forward to getting to know you. You're very right - one day isn't the death of you. I had to learn that when I screwed up just keep going. One bad meal or one bad day isn't going to stop me from losing weight.

Brenda - Congrats on such a successful fundraiser. Hope you've got your voice back by now, although DH may wish otherwise Good to hear you're back on plan.

Brittni, I love to move between ranges of ten. Going from the 290s to the 280s for example. That is what I consider a mini goal in my mind when I go to the next range.

Xena - Loved the story about the speaker who lost so much weight. The theory behind losing weight is remarkably simple. Eat less and move more. The difficult part is in the details, no doubt about it.

Crock - Don't you love foisting healthy foods on unsuspecting people Sounds like your family had a good time.

Sue Marie, Did I understand you lost five lbs since your last weighin? If so, yippee. The diet club is a neat idea, sorry to hear that the one who won is having issues. It's unfortunate that she didn't actually learn how to lose weight in a healthy way.

Hello to Nancy, Hpnotq, and everyone else that normally posts.

I weighed yesterday morning and had a three lb loss. So glad to see the scales moving again. I'm 8 lbs away from 100 pounds lost. It will be so exciting to see that. My sister and I are having a little competition this summer to see who can lose the most weight. We weigh in again in July for the final weigh-in. I would love to have that 8 lbs gone by then.

Dh and the kids and I are going to a recreational area on one of the rivers after church this afternoon. It's a sticky hot day already so that should feel good. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #6  

congratulations on your weight loss Jtammy! it is always so great to see a fellow mississippian!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Weigh in day today....down 2 more pounds! This, I am very happy about. I'm at 284! WOO! Only 3 more pounds to make my 4th of July goal! And I'm on the LOW end of the 8's! HEHE! Can't WAIT to see those 7's!

Andrew and I went and saw "The Omen" last night. Wasn't too bad, but it kinda dragged on. Kinda upset at the ending, but I hadn't seen the original, so it was sorta a shock...heh.

Andrew's working overtime today, but I'm hoping when he gets home, we'll go for another walk down by the river, which I love!

Sharon - I think I'd like the one at the newspaper the most. It pays a little less, but I think I'd be a lot happier there.

Zelma - That is just great about Borders!!! Love that store. Confidence....I hope mine increases like that someday! I'm sure you're right, and they'll allow for a little fluctuation. How could they NOT give you the prize?!? You look FABULOUS! As for the jobs, Whirlpool will work around my schedule, and it's only about 10 minutes farther than this job. Whirlpool is also Mon-Fri...no weekends, and the newspaper is rotating weekends from 6am-noon. Since Andrew goes to the gym on Saturdays anyhow, this wouldn't be a problem. We'd still have our time together...and I think I'm going to go with the newspaper if they call me.

Patti - 60 minutes a day is still a great workout. I would talk to your doctor about this pain if it doesn't let up. Have you thought about getting an Eliptical? They are low impact, and might help with the pain. Plus, you could change it up every once in a while.

Brenda - WOW! You guys did GREAT!

Bryttani - CONGRATS on making it to the 280's!

Xena - Here's to BUCKLING DOWN!

Sue - on your weigh in! You're on FIRE!

Missy - Good luck on your weigh-in! I know how much you are looking forward to it! And good luck at the Doc's too!

Crock - AWESOME work! I don't think you're going to be hitting a plateau any time soon!

Tammy - That is so amazing! I think I'll freak out when I get to -100! lol
Old 06-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #8  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Just wanted to say good morning to everyone here! I'm off to work here in about 20 minutes so I gotta go make breakfast. I slept in till almost 10:30 today which is unusual for me. I feel much better and haven't had those junk cravings for a couple days now WOOHOO! I changed my weigh in days to Fridays because of a challenge I joined with some friends, and when I weighed in on Friday I had lost another pound even with all the junk I was eating. That's about it for now! I'll catch yall later tonight
Old 06-11-2006, 12:47 PM   #9  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning everyone.

I hope you're all having a great weekend. I had a bad food day on Friday but I've been doing great since. Right now I'm starving and it's only 9:45am but I'll have another cup of coffee and hopefully that will hold me over until lunch time.

I've been thinking of adding really light, slow walking on the treadmill soon but my back has really been bothering me the last few weeks and I'm worried that it will make it worse. I think I'll wait it out a little longer and see if it gets better.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm a little concerned that I haven't been the best this week (lunch at work is my down fall) but we'll see. I'm still in a good mind frame and that's 1/2 the battle (for me at least).

Have a great Sunday!
Old 06-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

I’m not feeling so well today… I think I have a cold. It’s either that or a really nasty case of allergies.

DogPal – Thank you Lets just hope it keeps going this fast! 5lbs a week I can handle *grin*

Vilandra – I love water aerobics. I definitely agree that being in the pool doesn’t feel like exercising at all. I took water aerobics at cal state during the summer last year. I really enjoyed it. I’m hoping that they are going to offer it again this year, but so far I haven’t heard a thing about it Good Luck with it and let me know how it goes!

Going to Lose 200 – Thanks for the congrats!

MsCrockett – Congrats on your 3lbs gone forever! I called my grandmother (who lives in NY). She told me it was just barely 60 there. I couldn’t believe it! I was like share some of that weather here with us in California. It’s been about 100+ the last week, althought last two days was much cooler. It’s warming up again quickly.

Xena2005 – After drinking that much water, it gets hard to drink anymore. So I’ll grab a soda here and there. The water gets so bland, and sometimes I just want a little flavor. I found a new flavor from Crystal Light to-go Packs. Fruit punch or tropical punch. Either way, I’ve been drinking that every now and then too. Just a little sweet flavor to keep the taste buds happy. I heard the same thing too about the liver and dehydration

JTammy – Yes, 5lbs since my last weigh in. I’ve been averaging between 3-5 lbs a week. Which is amazing in itself. When I lost my first 30lbs, I was loosing 2lbs maybe 3lbs a week if lucky. Not sure what I’m doing different. Must be all the landscaping I’m doing in my backyard. Also, congrats on your 3lbs gone forever! Oh and WELCOME!!!

KayLey – Thanks and Congrats on your 2lbs gone forever as well! I can’t wait to get into twoderville! I was going to go see the Omen as well, but I heard it wasn’t very good. I think I can wait for it to come out on rental.

Stinger – Sometimes when you are just starting out those first 10 or 20 lbs can be a real killer. I know when I lost my first 30lbs, the cravings were really bad! I missed my jalapeno burgers from my favorite burger joint, or even nachos. But I found as time went on, those cravings went away, it wasn’t easy tho! What I did do, was I would carry around like lemon heads, or tootsie rolls and I would suck on one while I was craving something. Eventually you’ll find new favorite foods that are lighter and healthier… mines the avocado BLT I had a hard time with lunch break at work and at school as well. School was worse because on campus they had taco bell and starbucks and just about every fast food joint you could think of in the cafeteria. They finally put in a sandwich shop and started stocking a variety of salads. It’s made things easier. You will eventually find a way to deal with your lunch hour and any other sticky situations. It’s a lot of trial and error. The most important thing to remember is, to keep positive.

I took some Dayquil this morning. What I really want is some Claritin! The sniffles, the sneezing, and the dry eyes are driving me crazy! And I really don’t want to do any more homework I guess I better face the inevitable. One paper is due tomorrow. So that needs to get done. I’ll catch everyone later!

Take care everyone!
Old 06-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #11  

hi guys. congratulations on all the weight losses!.. i am taking this whole weekend off from treadmill to help my foot and leg pain but bou do i feel guilty but will be back on it in the morning pain or no pain. no i havent thought about an eliptical dont know too much about them at all. i just wonder though if i switch to doing my aerobics videos if that would be any better on my feet and legs for awhile. and do some treadmills inbetween. and just when i am getting near the 2'! boy i am bummed out about it.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #12  

Xena2005 - The pool I go to has 'Deep Water Fit' as well! I was curious about that, too, but I think I'm gonna try to regular one first. And the puppy is actually a Chihuahua! He's about 8 weeks old there - NOT mine though! But I will get one *someday*, lol!

Anyways, not much news today! Just the same old crap, lol. Hopefully I'll have more to catch up on soon.

Melissa
Old 06-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

jtammy -- 92 pounds lost is AWESOME!! I don't think I'd realized that you'd lost so much! Did you just post a ticker or am I really dense??

I've lost 90 so far (though I think this week will slow me up a bit)... can't wait to see onederland and 100 pounds lost, which are 6 and 10 pounds away respectively....
Old 06-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #14  

Thumbs up Omg Omg Omg Omg, Lol!!

I did my measurements today....and I've finally lost some inches!!! A total of about 15!!!! I'm esp. proud of the -1.75" off my waist and the -2.15" off my hips!! Ahh!! I know it probably won't be this good next time, but, yay for now! LOL!

Melissa
Old 06-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #15  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Heather, No, I've had a ticker for quite a while. The whoosh fairy visited me Friday night though and got me over the 89 lb. hump. You must be so excited to be so close to onederland as well as being so close to 100 lbs. I hope to hit onederland by Christmas, but that's just a long term goal. If I don't quite make it, that'll be okay.
Closed Thread