Old 06-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! (nws-language?)

I had my reassessment at the gym today
I found out I lost 9kgs since dec, had a BF% of 46 back then now it is 38, which is still high and the gym scales say Im heavier than mine do, I have a high reasting heart rate- these things I can take fine.

BUT I Found out my height today, I was wrong, Im not 4'11''
Im bloody 4'10''! christ! now instead of being in a healthy bmi, Im over weight!
and my original goal just scrapes into a normal weight range.

"Dwarfism is defined as an adult height of 147cm (4'10") or shorter, among both men and women, resulting froma a medical or genetic conditon. "

Man, I hope I can laugh about this soon, but right now Im so annoyed!!

Now I have to get down to like 88.5lbs
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #2  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Aww honey sorry to hear about your bad day. Things will be better i promise. Youve already lost SOO much weight! Maybe you dont need to get to 88lbs to feel better. Just keep going to where YOU feel comfortable.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Sorry about the bad news today! But WTG on your weight lost to date, what an accomplishment!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Well, to try and look at the bright side of things...I don't know how it works in the UK, but I had a friend here (USA) who was your height and she qualified to get to park in the handicapped spaces. I know...this probably serves as very little consolation at this particular moment. I'm very surprised that no doctors have managed to catch that height error sooner.

Really though, as Marineswife pointed out, you have lost a lot of weight. Just focus on what you've accomplished. Depending on your build, you may end up being perfectly happy with how you look at your original goal weight.

This may not be funny yet, but I couldn't help copy/pasting a joke that was posted in the general chatter forum, under lighten up; it's totally your story.

{I went to the doctor for my yearly physical. The nurse starts with
certain
basics.

How much do you weigh?" she asks.
"115," I say.

The nurse puts me on the scale. It turns out my weight is 140.

The nurse asks, "Your height?"
"5 foot 8," I say.
The nurse checks and sees that I only measure 5' 5".
She then takes my blood pressure and tells me it is very high.

"Of course it's high!" I scream, "When I came in here I was tall and
skinny!
Now I'm short and fat!"

She put me on prozac.}

Really, please try not to let this news get you down. I wish there was some immediate way to cheer you up. Maybe shoe shopping for some hot high heeled shoes can help a little.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #5  

Hi, I am 4'10" aswell. I have just gotten use to it. I dont think you should try to get to 88 pounds, that seems pretty small. I know everyone has a different body, but I would think a good weight for ME would be 115ish. My 9 year old daughter is only afew inches shorter than I am, doesn't bother me at all. I realize you are upset, but try to look at the bright side, you are a healthy person, maybe short, but healthy, . There is always somebody worse than we are. I work in the HealthCare field and I see alot of things that are very depressing, and I am just happy to have my health. Take care
Trina
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #6  

I thought you were the hottest thing since pepporoni pizza when you were at your ORIGINAL weight...

Then I saw you at a reduced weight in february... OMG!!!!

And then now... your in the teens... WOWOWOWOWOW!!!

Darling, dont you see that you have reached your original goal!!! BMI charts? Throw em out the window! What matters is that YOU are happy with HOW YOU LOOK and that you have made such a TREMENDOUS effort and come SO FAR!!! I am SO proud of you baby...

I think of you and get in a few extra crunches each morning...your an inspiration.
Bakushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #7  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hey guys. thanks MarinesWife85, Nicklewase, Goodbye_Chubby and Almost_there, you guy made me feel so much better about this...

Bakushan thanks aswell
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote