Old 06-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #1  

Default Suggested Daily Menu . .. .

In one of the posts, I seen that the center recommended that you follow one of the three menu's .. Is that something that many of you have been told? I usually never follow the menu ( on page 3 of the booklet) ? I'm wondering if that could be part of my problem?
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #2  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

They pointed it out to me when I first started, but said it was a guideline more than anything.... If a person is stalling, it can't jurt to try that combination of foods at the times they suggested

Just my 2 cents!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

My center has alwsy told me that is a suggested menu. But as long as I got all my food in it didn't matter.
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #4  

Thanks guys!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #5  
PurpleSunshine

Well, i don't have the book and I'm not sure about what the plans suggest, but I will add a little two cents here based on nutrition knowledge. I think that mixing different foods like a starch and a protein together - can matter for some people - The way the body metabolizes different food groups. I think it is related to the concept of glycemic index as well - in other words - eating a potato with some protein - helps the body to metabolize the potato with less insulin excreted into the body - If you ate the potato strictly by itself - the body would react with more insulin to control sugar increases.

I hope this makes sense. I guess to make a long story short - it may help to see how your body reacts to the food combinations.........
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.8/121/140.6

I think it may have been my post that you read. Monday I went to the center to WI and the counselor noticed that I had 2 fruits for breakfast on one day. She told me that I HAD to stick to one of the options. This was the first I had heard of this up until this point. When she explained to me how the foods help each other to break down in your body, it made sense to me that the order WOULD matter. But why was this the first time it was mentioned? The other counselor specifically told me the menu options were "suggested" and "optional".
faraboverubies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies
I think it may have been my post that you read. Monday I went to the center to WI and the counselor noticed that I had 2 fruits for breakfast on one day. She told me that I HAD to stick to one of the options. This was the first I had heard of this up until this point. When she explained to me how the foods help each other to break down in your body, it made sense to me that the order WOULD matter. But why was this the first time it was mentioned? The other counselor specifically told me the menu options were "suggested" and "optional".

My COD has never mentioned this before--just get my foods in somehow someway throughout the day ???
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #8  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I'm just curious but what's the suggested menu on Red? I'm at work and don't have it readily available. I don't think I ever used it the first time I did LAWL, or maybe I did and didn't realize it. If anyone has it handy and could tell me I'd appreciate it!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #9  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Sommer, for red, menu option 1 says:
Breakfast:
1/2P
F
S
D
F

Lunch:
P
2V
F
S
Lite

Dinner
P
2V
F
S
Lite

If you have the Mid-AM and Mid-PM snacks, have your F and Lite then for menu option 2

Menu option 3 looks like this:
Breakfast
1/2P
F
S
D

Mid am
F
lite

Lunch
P
2V
F

mid-PM
S
fat

Dinner
P
2V
S

Evening
Lite
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #10  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Thank you thank you Hkychik! I really appreciate the info.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #11  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I was also told that this was just a suggested menu to follow. If you do follow one of those all the time, it really limits the foods that you can eat. I can see myself getting really bored with that and that is when I am going to cave and eat off plan. But hey if it works for you the I say go for it. I always eat my fruits before dinner and I don't eat a starch in the same meal when I eat beef or pork because my body has proven to me that it holds onto it a little longer, therefore I have just blown all of those menus out of the water. Do what works for you. The book even says in big letters on the top "Suggested daily menu"
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

My trip last week to the COD, the counselor pointed to that page and told me I should be following one of those. More so as a guidleine to make sure all my foods are in, and partly because I was up a little on the scale.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #13  

The important thing is to get all your foods in. LAWL would rather you go over than under. As for the food combinations and how your body handles them, it's so true. It just takes some figuring out.
Organized_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote