Old 06-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #1  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Talking June Non Scale Victories

Well, this is kind of a scale victory I guess.
I joined 3 Fat Chicks in June of last year and since then have lost 45 lbs and kept if off. The support has been wonderful and has really helped me keep up with it all; even when I don't post daily I still think about everyone and thinking about what everyone would say regarding the choices I have or have not made keeps me on track.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Awesome on the 45 lb. loss and keeping it up Laura!

The scale hasn't moved much...if any lately,but I must be doing something right because I went clothes shopping and actually fit into a size 16(they're the stretchy,but even given that,I wasn't able to fit into them a few months ago)! I'd been noticing that the 18's I've been trying on lately have been loose,but really didn't expect to fit into a smaller size
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 296.4/271.2/.....

great job y'all!!

mine should actually go in may's nsv but oh well. i had a loss for every weigh-in in may. but i'm not doing so well yet this month. grrr!
shedilbryok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #4  
No description available.

My NSV is getting up at 5 am 3 times this week to run AND....I almost reached for and at my daughter's sandwich from dinner last night that she left...this is how I gained a LOT of weight (being a human garbage can)...I did not eat it!! Instead I did the dishes, drank 12 oz of water and had a sugar free, 35 cal fudgesicle.

WOOOHOO!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #5  

A month ago I started working out with my son. (He is in great shape from the years of martial arts training. He is my instructor.) I could do one push up then, yesterday I did 3 sets of five.
My goal is to be climb the rock wall on the cruise ship I am sailing on in September. WooHoo, I'm getting stronger.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My NSV was going on the hardest hike I've ever been on. I have no problem hiking flat areas, it is hilly areas that I have issues with. Anyway, I did a hike last weekend, 4 miles with a change in elevation of over 700 ft. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do a 6 mile hike by the end of the year with a major change in elevation.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

zoritsa -- we have the same nsv -- I am also just fitting into stretchy 16s!! shopping is starting to become seriously more fun!!!

And, I bought a "large" top at Land's End that fits!

Laura -- WTG on maintaining the 45 pound loss!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

My NSV is that not only did I pack my running shoes to go for a walk this afternoon, I'm on way out right now. I've been a few times last week, but flip flops aren't the best for walking

I've made arrangements to have my runners at my office everyday, so going out will make it easier...seeing them is a constant reminder that I need to move my butt if I want to achieve my goals...all my goals.
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I trained my dog to sit calmly tied to a tree while I go into my herbal magic appointment. This is really exciting for both of us because now I take her for a walk at the same time & we both benefit. Plus, she is always so excited to walk it encourages me to go for a longer walk than just there & back.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #10  

My NSV this week has been I bought a size 12 (UK16) top on EBay. It is black and has one shoulder completely exposed, it's black. Well it arrived today, fits perfectly, and my dh said I looked stunning

Well done on everyone else's NSV's. It's great when you feel stronger, and in more control of your movement and eating.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #11  
Just Me

I have one. A few months ago, I had ordered hiking pants (size 24, no stretch, Columbia brand) but they were a bit snug on me. I wore them hiking yesterday and... they weren't snug. I had told the BF that they were snug on me last time I wore them and he said "well they certainly don't look snug now". My goal is to be in a size 18 by the end of the year
Old 06-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #12  

I was so happy this morning... I put on my strapless bra, which I usually would wear with my halter top or a spaghetti strap top, and it fit RIGHT!! It did not bunch up, roll up, or get uncomfortable all day. Nothing irritates me more than when my bras don't fit right (and all of mine did fit right except this one). So, this is the first time since last June that this bra fit correctly. I love these little NSVs as the inches and pounds go away.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I rode my bike to work a couple of days ago for the first time ever. It's only 2 miles away, but it wasn't that difficult. I had it in my head that it would be really hard so just doing it was a victory. And, I think I'll do it again!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #14  
Just Me

Now I don't know if it is funny or lazy but I was able to slide a pair of 24 pants off without unzipping/unbuttoning. Two of my pants are getting too big for me (a generous size 22 included) so I might have to retire them real soon

I am glad for NSV because a couple days ago, I gained 3 lbs overnight (went from 281 to 284). I knew that it was water weight but it annoyed me. This morning I weighed and I'm 280 which made me happy but really it is inches that count and improved health not a number on the scale

In 10 more lbs, I'm going to go closet shopping I have a bin in my closet with clothes that I bought nearly 2 years ago when I initially lost weight. Some of the stuff shrunk, some of it was too small in the first place. One item in particular is a silk camisole/tank top that I bought for 10 dollars (marked down from 70) and I knew I'd fit in it one day. I can't wait until I do
Old 06-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Tuesday my son and I tried out our new bike accessory http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3596786 for a longer ride(normally we've been going around the block and staying close to home)to the park and in-laws house.It was so much fun...and over 4 miles that we rode around.My son is 4 and had an absolute blast and didn't want to stop! I can't wait till we hit the bike trails now....once my legs recover fully
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote