Old 06-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #1  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Ugh.. dang bumps in the road

Yesterday when i was getting ready to go out and pick up job applications at some places out in town I wanted to actually try and look good. I went into my closet and tried on 5 or 6 outfits and all of them were too small... I hate times like this! It should be motivation for me to get into shape and loose the weight but for some reason it just depresses me and makes it harder for me to be motivated. Does anyone else get like this? I HATE feeling like this. WHen i was trying stuff on yesterday I serioulsy wanted to cry.. I need to do SOMETHING to get back into the grove.. I wanna be down to 200 by my birthday, but if i keep getting off track thats never gonna happen. I still have 15 lbs to go..
Im also trying to get my eating in check and im havign a hard time of that too. I had no problem not snacking on horrible stuff and whatnot before when i started, i dont know why its differnent this time. I catch myself snacking even when i dotn really want to! I dont get it. I think today im going to eat very little and try to help my stomach shrink back down again so im not hungry all the time. I think thats what helped me last time. I dont know but i need to do SOMETHING to get myself back on track!
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #2  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey Heather!

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I tried on a bunch of clothes yesterday too, and all were too tight! I own more clothes that are too tight then ones that actually fit me, which is even more depressing! I can't afford new clothes, clothes that fit, and it bothers me! It really wrecks my thinking and motivation, because if I don't or can't look good or feel comfortable in the clothes I have....how good is that on my motivation??? It's depressing me more and more! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #3  
No More Excuses!

Man this sucks huh.. And the thing that i hate is that because of the way clothes fit me and stuff, im always forced to wear elastic waist exercise pants or my infamous velour sweatpants that i love. Its uncomfortable for me to wear jeans all day, so i sit around the house in basically workout clothes all day.. The irony is, im not even exercising! Im getting to the point now tho where i can walk short distances on my ankle without it KILLING so maybe ill start gettin off my fat a** and get out of the dang house! Im so tired of having my clothes not fit anymore!
Old 06-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #4  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Oh I hear ya! Before I had my surgery in February, I was litterally stuck in bed for months at a time! I couldn't walk, sit or stand for long periods of time, I could only lay around in bed....Funny how I used to say "Oh I'd love to stay in bed for a day..." and then after about a week of that I was going CRAZY!!!!! I gained most of my weight during that period of time... I wore sweatpants all the time, and the problems with that was that I never realized just HOW MUCH weight I was actually gaining.... No more Sweat pants for me unless I'm exercising my *** off! Haha!

Sweatpants = TROUBLE!!!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #5  
I hate chub-rub!

I know how you feel, too. I have amazing clothes I bought too small on accident (I thought I was smaller than I really was) and out of pride I refused to return them. Unfortunately I'm on a downward swing, but you can't guilt yourself into working out. Make a Fabulousness List, what you love about yourself, and think about how being thinner, or fitter, or just plain healther will just enhance those great things about you. This motivates me much more than any guilt trip ever did. Who wants to get into workout clothes, bust your butt (hopefully literally), while thinking of how gross you are. No wonder we are dragging our feet. PM & let me know how it works out for you. I know you can do it.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #6  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marineswife85
I had no problem not snacking on horrible stuff and whatnot before when i started, i dont know why its differnent this time. I catch myself snacking even when i dotn really want to! I dont get it.
Quite often the minute you tell yourself that you can't have something, whether it be chocolate or no snacks at all and only 3 meals per day, whatever - you will find yourself wanting just that.

One thing that I need to do is start journalling when I want to snack and why I am wanting to snack. Am I hungry? Am I angry? Am I sad? Why am I eating when it is not scheduled? This may help you if you analyse why you are eating what you are eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marineswife85
I think today im going to eat very little and try to help my stomach shrink back down again so im not hungry all the time.
I am concerned about this comment you made. Minimising the volume of food you eat will not dramatically impact on the size of your stomach in the short term. I don't feel it is a positive way to be addressing the situation.

You know what is good for your body. Stock up on the healthy stuff. Have a cup of brown rice with some steamed broccoli. About 250 calories and you probably won't even be able to finish it.

Looking at your fitday you are getting alot of carbs and perhaps a little more fat and protein will help to satiate you.

you can do it heather
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #7  
No More Excuses!

My Dr said its ok for me to be around 1200 calories, which is what im cutting down to temporarily just to get my appetite down. The carbs i usually eat are "good" carbs. Whole wheat bread etc. I mean, some of them may not be great, but i dont do good with cutting carbs really. I try to even it out but for some reason i cant. I should probably eat more meat and less breads and stuff, but i usually opt for veggies, which equals more carbs.. I dunno. My dr seemed pleased with the things i was eating when i went in there back in march. I should go in again and talk to her.. Oh well.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:14 PM   #8  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i can only go by what you have entered in your fitday. yes, you are eating good carbs, but there is a bit of sugar in some of them.

for example, instead of the apple juice, go for an apple.

don't cut out carbs, but introduce more proteins and fats into your diet. have a boiled egg for a snack or a yogurt. there are heaps of options. give it a go and see how you feel. it may be the answer to stop your snacking.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote