Old 06-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default Bovines Bathing in Bikinis or Moo Moos

seems apropo as we enter the summer...Thank LandsEnd for Tankinis!..
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

Shots, is your puter bigger than mine? We were on page 9 when you said page 4.

I hate ants.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #3  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Howdy!

Can I join the herd? I've been reading thru your thread: "Hugh Heiffers Divine Bovines CenterFoals" and I've gotta tell ya, you get my vote for most udderly hilarious group on 3FC!

Last edited by telemetrynurse; 06-07-2006 at 02:20 PM.
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #4  

You need to change your amount of posts per page, Peach. Mine said page 4 too.

I luuuuv your thread title, Schatz. You're so clever.

Oh, Miss Peachy, don't you worry none. Bigger and better things await you. I'm sure of it. It is hard to be supervised by idiots, though isn't it?

I'm sorta panicking. I think I'm starting to experience some ms symptoms again. I woke up in the middle of the night w/ the most horrible vertigo. Laying flat on my back in bed, I felt like I had a very bad case of the whirlies like I'd downed a couple bottles of wine, but I hadn't. This has been happening on and off for a month or so, but no where near this bad. The good news is that it gets better when I'm upright. Just a little dizzy now. Yikes. I suppose this is the source of my bone tiredness lately too. I suppose I should be happy I don't have any really nasty symptoms, but I'm finding it hard to be grateful.

We're going to the beach this weekend, in our motorhome. The daughter and son-il of our friend who recently died have a beach house close by where the rv park is. They're going to be there this weekend too, so I suppose DH will be off fishing w/ the son-il for part of the weekend. I plan on lots of reading and sleeping.

I hate ants too, Peach. Some of those little sugar ants had made a line in the back door to the dog food bowl. Gross. I cleaned it out and washed the floor and so far they've disappeared. so far.

The geo-tech guys from the house development company who is buying our place wants to come and dig up around where our old home heating oil tank is in the ground (to test for soil contamination). It also happens to be under my nicest flower bed. DH said "those plants are like my wife's babies - you'd better not mess them up". I'm so glad he's threatening ppl for my plants.

Lordy, this is a depressing post.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #5  

Good night Nurse! Tell us about yerself.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:22 AM   #6  

Hi Nurse!!!! yes yes tell us about yerself!!!!

Wabby!? I am most concerned about this horizontal whirling!!! Have you been checked for MS?? I get the same thing once or twice each year...cept when I stand. I was checked for all kinds of stuff that resulted in the " middle ear imbalance" Dx.. which means they haven't a clue! Perhaps you have something similar?? On a less depressing note, Rving to the Beach sounds Deeeevine! What are you planning to read? I am bout a quarter the way through the last book in the Dark Tower series.. yehaw... I guess reality is setting in now that the Big Muckity Company is trouncing about eh?

Peachie-- I was thinking bout you yesterday as I "t-rexed" my shopping cart..ah, that phrase still CRacks me up!!!
My life has gotten soooo boring since I moved here - sucks with all my friends being so far away... my pityparty for the day..... I spent the better part of yesterday pulling weeds... how exxxxxxciting

Well, I am considering enrolling in on-line programs to get my Program Management cert...And need to re-acquaint myself with Excel and Microsoft Project... I a fear I'm getting rusty!

Where is Kiwi??? Kiwi report in....Bagzilla??????? Sugarpie????????? Cherry???
We've got a new cow to interogate...

I was chucklin to myself as I food shopped yesterday..thinkin, ya know yer getting old when you completely bypassed the aisles with make up, hair adornments, etc -- and head for the "first aid" aisle to fill yer cart with bengay, tylenol, tums, pepcid, and Gas-X.....
Old 06-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #7  

Okay, I'll tawk ta myself then....

Let's see: I'm tired of tawking bout myself... I just finished two cover letters for my resume... Look at how wonderful I am!!! Look at what I can do for youuuuuuuu.... while I'm not what you would consider shy , real humble , retiring or introverted...this self promotion churns me tummy a bit. I am sooooooo bloooooody booooooored at home ( I mean, come on cows, look at my last few posts! Sheesh, it looks like all I do is clean, or buy products to clean... .and Jeeze Louise, while I like a clean home, I was never so focused on this crap...) anyhoo, I've tried joining meals on wheels...they just want my money to buy wheels or meals, I tried this book club-- unfortunately they focus on christian lit or the bible--- which is ok but not for me... and I aint a church goer... so, no joining a congregation... however, I have gone on ocassion to Duke's chapel... I find it calming, loverly ...so, I plod away ... looking for a job that
1) do not require travel - commuting or otherwise
2) do not require relocation
3) has benefits and pays decent...

and nothin excites me... or requires the "do nots" above... Crappity Crap... any ideas???

I guess I wasn't tired of tawkin alll about meeeeee afterall !
Old 06-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

I'm tawking about Shots too then. Go join the Garden Club. In the Garden Club, you will find people who garden on Sunday becasue they aint church goers neitehr and they'll be interesting to you. Go to the book store and hang out. Meet the owners, workers. t-rex around the grocery store and find people who buy odd food. Tawk to 'em. (frozen Thai meals, piles of root veggies, 50 lbs. of carrots)

That's all the ideas I got.

lcp has been bringing me lunch at work. I'm trying to get ds to encourage her to stop. It's so sweet but she's paying for it (not him I think) and I'd just rather she didn't.

I'm taking a poll. Everyone answer. When you were in high school, were you requied to memorize something that you still remember in entirely? For me it was a verse from Vachel Lindsey's "The Congo." Some people got Shakesperare or the Preamble of the Constitution. I don't think DS had memorize anything. Too bad maybe.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #9  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Ok, I'll tell the herd about myself....
Disclaimer: post may cause excessive drowsiness...yawn....
It may put you to sleep but it beats Ambien 'cause it won't cause sleep-eating! Yep, Ambien is now being blamed for a lady gaining over 100lbs due to sleep-eating!
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1404632.shtml

Ok, back to me! I'm a 38y.o. happily married cow, married to the bull of my dreams. (Good dreams, not nightmares!) No calves, yet, but hoping that the ovaries still know what to do---I think they have dementia at their age!

I live in Birmingham, Alabama but was born and reared in New Orleans, Louisiana. Thankfully, I left a few years before Katrina!

I am a nurse and am currently unemployed--by choice. I'm in the process of returning to school but I'm still not sure what I wanna be when I grow up....
Probably an accountant. I just LOVE the excitement of accounting......yawn.

I love reading, gardening, cooking AND eating!

I've struggled with my weight ALL of my life. Started out in plus-sized pampers and grew up and out from there. I've managed to lose weight several times, but it keeps FINDING me again and it usually brings friends!
I'm currently about 30lbs from goal.

Ok, are ya still awake?!??! Hmmm.....I'll try not to overdose ya!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #10  

Plus size Pampers??? heeee! I like you, you can stay.

Schatzy, I do have ms, just don't usually have symptoms. Whirlies are only slightly whirly now. I think your ideal job would be working at a big hotel, doing the bookings for weddings and conventions. Doesn't that sound fun? I'm always wishing I could stay home, but I know I would go nutz after a bit. Why don't you start your own business doing something?? I think it would be fun to start up restaurants, get them all up and running, then sell them to somebody else to run. The first one would be a little cafe. Cozy. The menu would be 50's comfort food and the name would be The Comfort Cafe. Even better, Schatz, why don't you open it?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #11  

I read Nursie's Bio as Plus sized tampons... depends + ovaries + a shot of shotz = pontoon size = which translates to tampon. Yay! Nursie and her depends are ok in my book!

Wabbina I d.i.d N.o.t know you had Dx of Ms... I am sooo happy that it seems to be at bay ... but now I worry... hmmm, you've given me food for thought on this... I absolutely looooove planning events and themes for events.. and love to run everybody around (heh, heh: I useta be Programmers nightmare.. I would say "make it so Number one" -ah they looved me and hated me ). I've gots lots of experience running large events..not weddings mind you but parades, and wet downs (not t shirts) and corporate retirements and corporate conferences... perhaps..... must put in hopper and let stew!

Cowie you really ought to write dahlink, I find you hilarryass..not to be confused with a hairyass... I was forced to memorize 4 score and 7 years ago...our fathers brought forth upon this blippity blah... (Lincoln's Proclamation... and " Romeo ohhhh Romeo where for art thou ... Here I is! "( Our Gang, Darla and Stymie..or maybe Buckwheat..)
Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #12  
The magic shrinking cow

Long day. Scout day camp. Two kids were extraordinarily troublesome. Also it was hot. And full of people who like to stand around in the sun. Not me-- I get heat exhaustion when it's above 80.

I'm trying to remember what I had to memorize that I still know. Play scripts. Popular songs. I know the entire movie "Breakfast Club" by heart.

Hello Nursie!

Wabby- sorry about your ms symptoms. My advisor has that. She has to take a nasty shot every week. But she had it a long time before she was diagnosed, so by the time they figured out what it was, she was pretty far along.

We're still wogging. Tomorrow is questionable though. Depends on if I can still feel my feet after today. Luckily, tomorrow is a lot of sitting and discussing the crisis in LIS education. Any opinions, Painty?

Peachy, have you done that resume yet? It's very bad to work with people who make bad accusations.

Hello Kiwi, Sug P, Baggzziiee, Schatzi, & all.

Oh, someone asked how I got DH to wog with me. A lot of it is just that I'm gone so much that it's one of the few times we can be alone together. Plus, although he doesn't like to run, he's always been pretty good at it and it is an efficient way to get fit. I've heard.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #13  

Quote:
find people who buy odd food. Tawk to 'em. (frozen Thai meals, piles of root veggies, 50 lbs. of carrots)
really Peachtreee, am I that odd? I guess you have made some observations about the folks based on their produce purchases eh? Please share or is this a way to infiltrate the wheels on meals chapter serving the asian community ....
Old 06-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #14  

Peach, why would you want lcp to quit bringing you lunch?

Wogging sounds like so much more fun than jogging. Wogging. wogging. I like it.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #15  
The magic shrinking cow

Wogging is more fun than jogging. And not nearly as intimidating as jogging. How can you take something called "wogging" so seriously?
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote