South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:11 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday Warblings June 7th

Cackle Doooooodle Dooooo!!! I'm beginning to think that we live under one gigoonda rain cloud here... Nuthin but Rain and lightning and Thunder for 3 days now!! No connectivity yesterday, and no power for part of the day! I finished painting 2 little bird houses while Darby cowered under my chair and Casey just snored away the day! Hoping for sunshine this morn so that I can tackle the weeds, which threaten to overtake all the flowers!

So the Cawfee pot is on!!! Come sit and
Old 06-07-2006, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Gooooood Morning, Schatzi, and all you other Sleepyheads. We've been under that same raincloud as you, Schatzi, and have been since last Thursday. At least part of each day has been dry, so the kids have been able to swim. We had a lot of fun at Maggie's end of the year school party last night, it stayed dry so all the kids were in the pool. We're hoping to dodge raindrops today long enough to go strawberry picking. The girls always look forward to it every year, and have been eagerly anticipating the day.
RNMom ~" Willpower Dust" recieved and very much appreciated, THANK YOU!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Schatzi and any other Early Chicks.

No rain here - just glorious sunshine which we deserve after that string of six rainy days. My darling neighbour tilled my veggie garden again for me so I can plant out there now. My peppers, tomatoes, cukes, etc., will be much happier in the ground instead of on my potting bench. I planned to do the Fairground planters yesterday but they were being painted so I decided to wait. I'm anxious to get all those flats of annuals out of my lane and may get them out of there tonight after supper. The mosquitos are pretty bad but I'll Deet and wear my silly looking net.

Candice is coming to clean this morning, I hope! I hope she is feeling more energetic than usual because there is lots to do. I think she may have to use a putty knife on the kitchen floor. I have the doggie wading pool set up and we now have muddy paws even in sunny weather.

I had an interesting breakfast this morning - ww toast with cottage cheese, cinnamon and Splenda BUT I grabbed the cayenne instead of the cinnamon! I took one bite and then started over!

This morning I'll get some of the veggies planted while Candice is here, then soak in the tub and tiddle up to go visit Harry while he still remembers me. I have not been going to see him as often lately and feel a bit guilty. The other residents enjoy the dog visiting too.

What's happening around your Beach Towel today?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, your breakfast story reminds me of the time I was making Cinnamon Toast for the GD's, and grabbed the cumin instead of the cinnamon!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:44 AM   #5  

Deviled Eggs here, cayenne for Paprika! Needless to say they weren't a hit at the party
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Cottage, you beat me to it. Sorry about the rain but envious of the berry picking. The strawberry plants at the Farm are in flower so it won't be long for local berries around here!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #7  

All you chicks that have been having rainy days and Mondays for awhile have passed it on to me! Boston will see four straight days of rain this week ... blech!

Ruth, your breakfast mishap cracked me up! Hope the second one turned out better!

Cottage, yum, strawberry picking! I'd take my niece, but 20 months is probably a little too young. I think we might hit a zoo this weekend, though.

Schatzi, I really want deviled eggs now! That'll be my satisfiable craving for tomorrow. Today, it was a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich, which I had for breakfast. (Well,it was a natural peanut butter and sugar-free raspberry preserves on whole wheat bread sandwich. Still yummy).

Good morning to everyone else as they wake up!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning all.....woke up to a sick furbaby. Thunder our boy cat is having problems w/ a bm & is clearly not feeling well. Vet isn't in yet, so I'm waiting & I have to go to work.
Have a great day ladies...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Beachers

Its pouring cat and dogs here,and it not letting up,floods all over the place.Some of the streets are unpassable.[3" of water]It all started last night & supposed to end tomorrow afternoon.Dh looked that the weather map and its a no'easter going around & around with no end in site.Not going to take our car to the repair shop today.We probably have a short with all that rain, hiting into that broken smashed in tail light.

On a brighter note,my weight is now going down,because of the portion control plan[small plate/measuring & weighing foods].Its a nuisance,but it works.

Schatzi-Hope your power is restored soon,take it easy and relax,I'm sure you'll see the rainbow around the corner.The Carolines always has some kind if stormsjust like we do in Cape Cod.We're having a no'easter with expection 6" of rain today

Ruth-I think we've all did that,reaching for a spice and coming up with some thing different.Have fun with you veggie garden. We have to get our tomato plants in our barrels soon.

Sunlite-4 days of rain,Boston always get socked in,somehow the weather pattern always goes north instead of east. But then again the Cape always gets these no'easters.

Soon-Hope your kiddy is feeling well soon

Have a nice day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 06-07-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Morning Chicks

Another nice morning here in FL. Not too humid. We've had a break in the humidity for a few days but I can tell it's getting higher. Finally some rain in the forcast for Thursday.

I usually don't get here early enough to get replies to my questions. Hopefully I'm early enough this morning.

I'm on week 2 of phase 2 and I've had a 2lb gain. Wonder what's happening. I'm only having 1 good carb a day and no cravings I can't resist. I'm drinking about 60oz of water a day. Will it just take a bit for phase 2 to start working in my favor? Should I go back to phase I? I only lost 4 lbs in phase I and I really don't want to put that back on. Any suggestions? I'm not giving up but it's starting to be depressing.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #11  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Chickies.

Wow, you girls do get up early! My brain doesn't even start working until I get to work at 8 am.

I've been staying OP pretty well except for the 2 Fierro Rochere (sp?) candies that I ate yesterday. They are my favorite and it had been SO long since I'd had one. If you know what I'm talking about, you know how good they are and also how hard to resist....

Exercising is going pretty well, I'm actually pretty proud of myself. The biking around the neighborhood is working pretty well. My favorite time to go is about 8:30, so I just hop on my bike, take a ride, and enjoy the nice sunset. Also been tracking my calories and exercise in fitday and I find it really helps.

DH is out of town this week, so the doggies and I are enjoying our time together. We sit out on the deck and read every evening then go up to bed and watch Sex & the City re-runs. Although Monday I did have a bit of a mishap and got into a traffic accident . No one was hurt, but I had to take my car for an estimate and now have a rental car. What a pain, but it could have been worse. I am just thankful it wasn't.

Well, I must get back to work now....all you chickies have a great one.

H
Old 06-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #12  

Morning gals!

Late posting this morning- it was really nice and cool here this morning, so we were outside by about 8:30. I wish someone would send some rain our way!! It is nothing but hot and humid!

Schatzi... deviled eggs... haven't thought about making those. Yum!

Not much to report here, heading to a friend's community pool for swimming this afternoon. I need to get DD signed up for swimming lessons before the classes fill. She isn't real interested in learning to swim without her floaties, so we will see how it goes. The kid LOVES the pool! I put Meg in for the first time yesterday, she wasn't so sure at first, but then liked it.

2 days OP down, 3 more Phase 1 to go..........
Old 06-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #13  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Thumbs up

Morning Chicks

Wannabe Hotmama... Don't sweat the 2 lbs. I used to do that until my doc told me that weight can flux anwhere between 2-5 lbs a day for no explainable reason! it's just the way we are.

I'm halfway done with phase 1 now; and full of energy. This isn't my first time on phase 1, the last time I had no energy whatsoever. This time I've been exercising daily since two days before I started (to get in the habit), and I can't seem to sit still at all. I'm sure if DH was home I'd be driving him nuts!

It looks like all the rain we were getting here has moved on to everyone else I really love the rain. It was a major factor in our deciding to pick this place as DH's new duty station.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #14  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

morning ladies, so I finally lost a lb. it's been like two weeks with no loss and I stayed OP..boooo. oh well, now it's time for 'yayyyyy'
Old 06-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #15  

Hi, guys! I actually was able to take Brian to his swim lessons last night AND I got to sleep without being paged. What more can I ask? Hopefully the worst is past now.

Kiko- We sure do need some rain but I don't think any is predicted at all. I started Brian in swim lessons when he was still just a couple of years old and had no fear of water. He takes lessons through the city of Richardson. It's a Red Cross program and he loves it so much that he had me sign him up for 3 two week sessions this summer. He used to wear swim goggles which made him happier about putting his face in the water. Now he doesn't mind at all.
Closed Thread