South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Phase 1 yogurt ?

Hi fellow beachers!
I was looking for some plain yogurt and found this product: Dannon Light N Fit Carb & Sugar Control Vanilla cream. I compared the plain- regular/ light/ and nonfat varieties to the Dannon product and found it to be much better all around! Each serving is 4 ounces, 60 cal, fat 3 g, 0 trans, cholesterol 10mg, sodium 25 mg, potassium 80 mg, total carb 3g, sugars 2 g, protein 5 g. This product is sweetened with Splenda. I have never heard of it before, but probably because I wasn't looking for it There are other flavors as well as smoothies (definitely ph 2) , you can learn more about these products @ lightnfit.com. It seems like I can eat it on phase 1, but just wanted your experienced opinions!
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #2  

Hi there....I think for Phase 1, you want to stick with FF plain yogurt. You can dress it up with splenda, cinnamon, powdered Jell-o or Crystal Light. I don't remember exactly why most Beachers stay away from the Dannon Carb Control (maybe the fat or additives?) but any flavored, artificially sweetened yogurt is best kept for Phase 2 and beyond.

For Phase 2 yogurt, I usually have the Walmart brand of fruit-flavored yogurts (only $.38!) or mix in fruit and Splenda to FF plain. I know others like the Blue Bunny Lite 85.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here are the ingredients: Water, ultra-filtered skim milk, cream, contains less than 1% of whey protein concentrate, modified corn starch, natural and artificial flavors, Kosher gelatin, sucralose (Splenda® brand), potassium sorbate (to maintain freshness), malic acid, annato extract (for color), caramel color, sodium citrate, Red 40, Blue 1. Contains active yogurt cultures. It's got cream and cornstarch plus a lot of other additives so is best avoided. When they take out carbs they need to replace with fillers so .....
Old 06-07-2006, 05:14 PM   #4  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Ohhh, I am ******ed! I never thought to actually add Splenda to plain yogurt to sweeten it . I tried the Dannon light n' fit, but found it to be on the blah side and a little bitter
Closed Thread