Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Angry TOM making things difficult.

I HATE THIS WEEK . I'll be doing fine and then TOM will show up and I'll want to eat everything in the house and just lay around. I can hardly stay awake today and i'm STARVING. My doctor said it's OK to eat over my 1200 calorie goal during this week but I don't trust her. I'm not about to ruin it this time... I've already had like 900 calories and it's only 3pm!!! ARGH I'm going to have to eat nothing but veggies for dinner.

I just had to complain .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

water, water, water!!

i personally am still trying to figure out how to channel mindless hunger that i get into something more productive, but find that water with a little bit of cordial helps occupy me.

if you are truly hungry, have something to eat. fill up on fruit and vege. your body may need it.

i have to commend you for not caving in though. good girl
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

I have been eating fruits and veggies and drinking water all day, which is causing a whole different problem... I've been to pee probably 50 times!!!

ARGH we can never win, can we? lol
Old 06-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #4  

for me it's the week before that i can't suppress my cravings. i crave the worst foods, then when it is TOM, i'm not as hungry and one drink gets me drunk.

just try to drink a lot of water and if you enjoy yoga, TOM is a good time to do it.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I always need to eat more during TOM...

I used to try and fight it but usually just ended up even more miserable than I normally would be lol. Now I find I crave yoghurt like nothing else and so I eat it...in large quantities (low fat of course).

I worked out that I tend to eat 100-200 calories more during this week (the couple days before and during) and that I gain about 1-2kgs (2.5-4.5 pounds) but about two days after my period finishes it all drops back and I've usually lost weight on top!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #6  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

Yes our wonderful hormones make us do this!!!! I try to up my fruit and I eat alot of popcorn...
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

My worst part of TOM is the end, I crave greasy burgers and other fast food, I am also feeling so drained I can barely bring myself to clean the house or excersise it has been a real struggle this week to get motivated.
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #8  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

My TOM this month was BAD.. all last week i was eating and eating and eating! I hate it! Im doing fine now, im not nearly as hungry or anything. I hate that women have to deal with this lol. I would do so much better without my TOM..
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #9  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I hate TOM's main because of the ickyness then comes discomfort.
its worse in the summer, dont u guys think? it just heightens iritability.

can u trick ur cravings with low cal, small 'give ins' or fruit?
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #10  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

DEFINATLY worse in the summer. Right now its averaging 110 during the day out here and my drs told me not to walk in over 90 degree heat, so im stuck in the house and it sucks! Just being hot and sticky and having your TOM is just annoying lol.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #11  
I can do anything!

EWE and double yes to the heat making things worse! I've got the AC cranked so far up in here that my toddler is shivering and yelling "MOMMY SNOW!" haha I had to go put a hoodie on him. I made it through yesterday and only gave in to a couple tablespoons of natural Peanut butter... I could have done much worse. Ate like 3 cups of veggies and a chicken breast for dinner and that helped a lot. I didn't get my protein drink in the AM because I ate a wheat muffin instead and I think that messed my day up. I won't do that again! Today should be my last day of TOM... I HOPE, I'm ready to kick his jerka$$ OUT. My husband just laughs... I told him he'd get one cramp and check himself into the ER haha.