South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Clucking - June 6

Wakey! Wakey! The sun is a shinin' and the world is up. The Girls and I were up at the usual 5 AM and have already walked down to the Post Office. What a gorgeous time of day it is!

I spent a lot of time gardening yesterday and am a bit stiff this morning but another coffee and my meds will get rid of that. I dug part of the veggie garden and also dug out huge clumps of daffies that did not bloom well this year - too crowded. Originally there were four clumps of ten but they have multiplied madly to about 1000 or more small and mostly non-blooming bulbs. I didn't count but my big garden cart is full! I may replant some of them at the edge of the meadow under the trees.

Today will be more of the same plus some planting. I also have to start treating Lucy's ear for an infection. That will be fun as it's a three hand job and I have only two. She definitely does not like it. I need a doggie straight jacket.

What's happening with you today?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning

All is okay here in Central West Virginia Ruth, we had a terrible lightening storm last night, but this morning is trying to bee a good one, a bit of fog is out. If you find a Doggie straight jacket, I need one for Kado.. she has been full of herself lately...

All OP here, the past two days I have had a bit more of an apetite than normal. so that is either PMS or I getting sick,, who knows.. I am still OP though. so I am not craving NO NO"S so that is a good thing..We are gonna have another ride on our property on July8, the Powderpuff ride, the women get to have fun while the men cook, register and take care of all the finances and take care of all the quests.. This should be a hoot..
Old 06-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #3  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Ruth & Crokett and all you other sleepy chicks.
Crock - that ride sounds like fun. I ride DH's 4wheeler around the yard but I'm too scared to take it too far by myself. I would like to learn how to ride better.

I'm in a funk today but am going to try to stay OP. Hopefully it will be a quiet day here at work. I have a lot to catch up on and need to get the books ready to be closed (our year-end is 6/30) and ready for audit. Maybe I'll just let all the calls go to voice-mail today.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:42 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks - Ruthie I wish you would send your nice weather here- it has been rain rain and more rain although they say the sun will come out today- I have been working two jobs lately and my job that I have puter access has been to busy to sneak on. So far this morning it has been quiet. I am counting down the days til the end of June. I can't wait to get back home and work from there again. I still have not gotten back on the beach but I have been trying to watch what I have been eating. I need to buy a scale this week end. I am sure once I step on one I will be jumping back pretty quick. Well I must dash before I get caught I will try to sneak back in later. Have a great day chicks.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #5  

Good morning, good morning!

The girls are still sleeping, so I am catching a few minutes with my coffee and the computer. Wonder how long it will take them to figure out I am awake!

Crock That does sound like a great day in the neighborhood! What kind of "ride" is it?

Kelly I had "funk" days. I hope that it makes a turn for the better. Stay OP and you will be proud of how you got through it.

Ruth Wow- you have already been out and about... I just crawled out of bed! I had a flopping 4 year old in with me, so it wasn't very restful. She came stumbling in at 6:30 and I promptly told her to climb in and close her eyes. That she did!

Me- We gardened and played outside for a couple hours last night. It has been so hot here during the day, but there is at least a breeze and a bit of shade around 6:30. I planted some more flowers and added a bunch of mulch to the front flowerbed. It is looking quite nice, although quite amateur in comparsion to some of our gardening goddesses! After that, we went on a walk for about 30 minutes. All the fresh air really more Megan out as she crashed right at 8:00 and is still asleep! She loves to be outside although can't stand the grass. It works well though because I can plop her on a blanket with some toys and she never leaves the blanket. Big DD rides her bike, does sidewalk chalk, and yaps my ear off!

Eating was 100% Phase 1 yesterday, it felt good. My goal is to try a new recipe or two this week, I have been inspired by RNMom to cook up something new!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #6  

Hey LC!! We miss you girl!! You know we have a towel waiting for you whenever you are ready!!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Good Mornin'

Once again wakened by the birds.........it's a beautiful thing!

My trip to Utah yesterday was LONG and I hate being in a car. I was armed and ready for the day though with V8, 1/2 gallon of water, SF jello and a couple of boiled eggs. I resisited vanilla wafers that my oldest grandson wanted to share and I resisited birthday cake with blue frosting (not difficult I hate that frosting on cake.....lard....bleccchhhh) and I resisted pizza. Whew! Stopped on the way home to by gas and got a subway salad. Good to be home fun to be there.

Ruth, I'm thinking that you can hold the doggage like a football (tail end at the elbow) using the same hand hold the offending canine by the snout then you have a free hand to do your doctoring. It's amazing the "holds" we put on little ones as we suture or give injections. If this doesn't work you can try to wedge it between your knees using your toes as a lever......................

MsCrockett, not craving no-no's is HUGE for me. Last night I dreamed about chocolate.........I woke up pretty hungry for it. Sorry about the thunder storms.

KellyJ, sorry that you have to be at work. Year end at the end of June, that seems so weird. Don't let the stress get the best of you. Stressed spelled backwards is desserts and that is a bad thing.

little chick, get that scale bought and get back here!!!!! Hopefully things will slow down for you and you can enjoy working from home.

Kiko, sounds like you have fun with the little one outside. Enjoy your quiet time right now!!!

Everyone to come Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs to all!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey there, everybody,
It's been a crazy morning so far, a lot of phone calls and a neighbor who needs me to take care of her house and garden while they're on vacation. It's funny how people seem to know when I'm home. It's going to be a pretty busy afternoon, too. Right after lunch the girls and I are going to my GD's school for her Spring Concert, and right after that it's time for swimming lessons, and right after that is Maggie's End-of-School Party. So I won't be back home until 7:30 or later this evening. At least tomorrow Cindy promised she'll let me go at 3, yipee!

Kiko ~ I love the new picture, what a cutie! I really enjoy most of the recipes posted in the boards, especially the Spinach & Chicken Casserole and the Chicken Enchiladinis. It helps a lot to have some delicious and easy meals to look forward to, and knowing that they're OP, too.

L.C. ~ Yes, we've all been keeping an eye on your towel for you, and hope you'll be joining us regularly real soon!

Kelly ~ Hope your day brightens up!

Crock ~ Enjoy your day, hope you aren't getting sick!

Ruth ~ I agree, mornings are the best time of the day, but they go by too fast! Enjoy your day of gardening, but don't overdo it!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Whoops, RnMom, I almost missed you! You did phenomenal (sp) staying OP yesterday, Bravo!!!! Sounds like you've gotten things under control now, and that Will Power Dust is really working for you. Can you spare some to send my way?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #10  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hello-Hello!
I haven't fallen off the boat. I have been crazily busy.
We are for sure planning on dropping everything & going on the road, bought a motorhome Memorial Weekend. Also, DH turned 30 last week & I threw a huge birthday blowout for him this last weekend. I served mostly not OP food at the party & it was the weirdest feeling checking out at the grocery store. I haven't had so much what I call "junkfood" in my cart for a long time. I felt like a slob with all of that crap in my cart and the funny thing is that not that long ago, they were things that I didn't consider junkfood like white buns, 80% hamburger, etc. I cannot imagine how much everything would have cost if I would have kept it more ww. I have a feeling that as this type of eating becomes more & more mainstream that the prices will eventually go down more, though.
Unfortunately, I ended up eating some cake & drinking some beer but I'm back on track once again.
Oh & I've lost 3 more pounds!
xoxox
Old 06-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #11  
RNMOM

Default cottage.........

Old 06-06-2006, 11:01 AM   #12  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Did anyone notice that under Demeter it says "Goodess"?
Hahahaha. Changing it now . . . .
Old 06-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

'Ello Ladies!

Been running around a bunch of late. Finally am able to hang out with a few friends n such, which is something I've needed terribly. It's a start so, hopefully I'll have more of a social life soon. Definitely is difficult to make friends when you aren't in school. What a change. Spent yesterday scrubbing the bathroom and doing some organizing. Yay. Also broke in my meat grinder. It rocks! You know what goes into it and you can control the fat content of the meat so much better than what you purchase at the store. It's time to dust off the bbq grill, but first I have to figure out what I'm going to do - I'm terrified of spiders! Time to enjoy the beautiful weather we have again.

Hope all is well and stays that way!
Enjoy your Tuesday!

-Jessy
Old 06-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Hi everyone! Been MIA for a couple of days. I'm in week 2 of phase 2. I'm not having any problems eating right, actually I've only added one good carb a day but my weight is constant. Has been for about 10 days. Could I be doing something wrong? Does it just take time for our bodies to adjust? Or am I doomed to be on phase I forever?(I know I can't)
I'm sticking with it but just need some encouragement I guess

I do have an actual goal now...I have to renew my driver's license in September so I would like to lose at least 15# by then. It should be doable right?

Not too much hapening here. Hope everyone is well and OP!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

The ride is a 4 wheeler, jeep ride. Kiko
Closed Thread