Old 06-04-2006, 10:32 AM   #1  
Winning by Losing

S/C/G: 263/208/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Question, Long Short Story, and Thanks!

Am I the lone ******** user here or are there others using this program too? Just curious. I've been on the program for 8 weeks and I've lost 32 lbs so far. I kinda modified it here and there, but it still has been working for me. I've gone from a 22W to a regular 18 (which I haven't been in since HS!), and I just feel great! It took me 6 months to decide to do it, but I'm glad I did. I've tried many different things to lose weight, but this is something I can stick with. I actually look forward to my shakes and everything, and I like the full body cleansing aspect. So this is something that is really working well for me! It's been a blessing to have found this.

I was scared before I started. I felt awful ... tired all the time. No matter how much sleep I got I never felt fully awake. I felt like a zombie. Diabetes, heart disease, cancer ... etc runs rampant in my family, and I was right on track to join them, and that scared me. I didn't want my kids to follow that path either, so I had to do something. So I got started with this with the 30 day program, and I haven't looked back, and I haven't been the same since.

It's great to have people notice I've lost weight ... especially my hubby . Plus, I just feel so much better, have more energy, and my self-esteem and self-confidence levels have risen because I'm actually succeeding! And I get to help others succeed! It's so wonderful to get a report from those I'm working with and they tell me that they lost such and such amount and that it's working for them and they are so excited. One person was on WW and it wasn't working for them. She had metabolism issues from taking fen fen for so long, and no matter how hard she tried ... nothing seemed to work. She just started with this and she's already lost 3 lbs, and she's ecstatic. I'm so happy for her! A friend of mine has thyroid issues, and she's finally losing weight (she's lost 17 lbs so far) ... it's been a little slower for her, but she's doing great! I'm so proud of them!

I know yall have to feel that too ... to know that each and every one of you are making a difference in someone's lives. This message board is full of the most supportive people. I dunno why it took me so long to start posting. Hmm maybe because for a little while I had decided to give up on trying to lose weight. I felt like a major failure at that point, but thankfully I didn't give up. I want to thank all of you for being so great. Your stories are so encouraging, and such an inspiration to me. I look at some of the before and after and even some of the befores and durings ... yall are doing so well! Helping others is so rewarding, and with the issue of being overweight ... that's very personal to me because I've been struggling with my weight for a long time. I have a thin person inside me who wants to be free!

Anyway, I hope it was ok to share all that. I'm just so excited to have found something that has been working so well for me. It's not your traditional diet, and I noticed results right away which helped me keep going because I just knew this would work for me. I don't even know why really lol. If anyone has any questions about it let me know. I know back in the day I did a search for it to see if anyone else was using this, and I didn't see anyone, but there were questions and some skepticism, but I'm here to tell ya ... it does work! I'm proof of that ... I'm still going, and my goal is in sight, and I will reach it!

Alrighty, well I have rambled enough. Sorry I can get long winded sometimes. I'm just so excited. I've kept quiet here for so long about all this, and I've been wanting to ask if anyone else is doing this, but for some reason I haven't. I just had to share with you all because I love it here, and I wanted to really get involved in this group, which I've been doing better with .

Thanks for making this such a great place to come for support and help. You are all wonderful! Keep up the amazing progress!

If you want to read more of my story check out my blog in my sig line. It goes more into the program I'm using and my progress and all that. I post it all ... good and the bad.

Ok I'm done for real now lol.
karistiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #2  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

I'm very glad that you found something that works for you. I've been having a lot of success with good old-fashioned calorie counting and exercise, (63 lbs in 5 months), and I know that a lot of people are having similar or even better losses with all kinds of plans- Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers, and on and on. The common thread amoung everyone who is having success is that they have worked their plans with determination no matter the daily ups and downs, the stalls and starts. They've taken on their new lifestyle as a part of themselves, not something that they are "doing for now".

I wish you great continued success. Though I'm sure that with your great outlook you will not need my good wishes!
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #3  
Winning by Losing

Thanks so much, Jen! 60 lbs is amazing! You are one of the many inspiring ladies here that shows if you are determined, and are willing to stick to a plan (even if it's the old fashioned cal counting), eat right and exercise (because that is an important addition to ANY plan), you can succeed. Find something (healthy of course) that works for you and run with it! It's all about changing your lifestyle. I chose this plan because it was simple ... it takes the guesswork out for me, and it helps with the transition into a complete lifestyle change. I found what works for me and I couldn't be happier about it! It feels good to be a LOSER! lol

Thanks again Jen for the support and the motivation to keep going! I can't wait until I can say I've lost 60 lbs - woo hoo!

Last edited by karistiana; 06-04-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Everyone just has to find something that works for them, even if the large majority may or may not agree with it.
I am glad that you have found a program that works for you.
Congrats on your significant weight loss.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #5  
Winning by Losing

Thanks! Congrats on your success, ShrinkingChica! That is remarkable. No matter what it still takes the proper mindset to have success. People quit no matter what program they use. When they are ready to really make a change, find the plan that works for them, and then start and keep going no matter the challenges and the mistakes made along they way ... they will reach their goal. There are many here that are proof of that! You too show that it can be done!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #6  

Yikes..I had this all typed out and then I pressed something on my keyboard that took me back three screens...yeeeeek. Anyways..here it goes again..LOL.

First off...congrats on losing the 32 pounds...that is an awesome accomplishment...I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Second of all...I'm very excited that you found something that works for you...everyone has to find their own niche'..... For me.....Weight Watchers was IT....I had tried many-a-diet and nothing worked until I found WW. I'm sure that's how you feel about your plan....and that's great. Variety is the spice of life..right?

Anyways...congrats again on everything.....you have done wonderful.....dropping from a 22W to a regular 18 is awesome....YOU ROCK!

Hugs,
Olivia
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Rhonda

I'm so happy for you...and very proud of you too

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #8  
Winning by Losing

Thanks so much Olivia and Linda! I appreciate you all!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! A friend of mine sells and is on the ******** program. I was able to look at the products as well as try a few things including the fasting drink. When I tried the fasting drink, because of my PCOS, I had a hypoglycemic episode (shaky, nausea, dizzy, etc). Anyway, there are some others on here that do meal replacement type things not too different from ********. For me, my morning meal is a protein shake made up of protein powder, fruit and psyllium husk powder. My other meals are a combo of protein and high fiber carbs.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/323/160

Height: 5'6"

I've never heard of ******** but I wanted to congratulate you on your success. I think it's so encuraging to read about you all loosing so much weight it really gives me hope that my skinny me will show herself, hopefully in not too long LOL
Even-Ends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #11  
Winning by Losing

Thanks! I hadn't heard of ******** before 7 months or so ago, and when I started reading more about it ... well it definitely peaked my interest. I liked the cleansing the body aspect because our body is the miracle ... this is just something that helps it along so it can do what it's supposed to do. So it's not your traditional diet by any means. But anyway, since I'm actually a distributor of these products I don't want to seem like I'm advertising or anything because that is not my intent at all. heck, I started as strictly a customer, but my results got me excited and it's just so natural to share that kind of thing, and now I'm helping others succeed with it. I feel like I have something to offer to help others that are struggling like I was. This isn't for everyone, but it's definitely for me. My weigh-in isn't until Weds, but I snuck on the scale today and I'm down another 2 lbs, but I won't officially report anything until weigh-in day. Just like people recommend WW, Atkins, or any other program, I highly recommend this program to others.

I get so emotional sometimes thinking about it all. I've always been so hard on myself ... my own worst critic. I felt like the fattest, ugliest person on the face of the earth. I swear when I walked by and I heard laughing ... they were laughing at me. I just knew people were saying horrible things about me. Of course I didn't really know that. I just thought I did. Most of the time they probably weren't, but that was the kind of stuff that went through my head. I didn't date in HS, not for lack of crushes or anything. I always seemed to fall for the ones who were only interested in the thin girls. It was rough in HS. Once I started dating most of my exs ... well they were dogs plain and simple. I actually settled because I didn't feel I could do any better, and I didn't want to be alone forever. Luckily, I found my hubby, and he's a great catch. Self-esteem issues suck tho. I'm working on that. I actually feel prettier now. Like I'm really making progress. DH is so happy with my progress so far, and he's been very supportive, and that just helps so much.

I know I have a long way to go still, but it feels good to no longer need to lose over 100lbs. I've made progress. I am succeeding at this. Sure I make mistakes along the way, and sometimes I still am too hard on myself, but I'm getting there. It took me a long time to realize this, but I am worth it. I deserve to be healthy and happy. It's more than just me too ... my family deserves that too.

Oooook, yea, here I go with more emotional stuff. Yall getting sick of me yet? Lol. It does help remind me of how far I've come so far, and to just stay on track. Plus ... accountability. I really love this group, and I am willing to share this kind of stuff here with you all because I know that a lot of you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'm off again. Need to do me some elliptical or something here soon since it's too late to go walking now. Darn mosquitos around here are bad anyway.

Thanks for ... "listening".
Old 06-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #12  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Congrats on your success Rhonda! I just noticed that we started at the same weight and have the same goal! Here's to success - by what ever plan works for us!!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote