Old 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #1  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Weekly Chat and Whatever for week 6/4/06

Hi everyone,

Thought we needed a new thread. How is everyone doing? We did not have a weigh in last week, as ours is Mondays and it was a holiday, so I'm a little scared about weigh-in tomorrow night. Also, we have ordered a new digital scale for our club and I'll be anxious to see if it makes a difference. I know I have gotten used to our old scale and know just wehre to stand on it to get the results I want LOL

My DH is watching some cop show which doesn't interest me at all. I would go and walk, but we already did 5 miles this afternoon...I actually got him to go too. Broke in a new pair of sneaks. Luckly the rain stopped for a while here and there was a nice breeze and great cloud formations. We even passed a llama farm.

Well, I'm trying to avoid the kitchen right now. We had cake at church this am and I had 2 pieces No more sweets for me today.

Post soon. We need each other!!

Lyn
lynard21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to check and see how you girls were doing!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

I'm feeling really down right now and a little sinical about this whole diet thing. I'm really tiered of trying and failing ever time. Since joining Tops in October I've only lost 5 pounds I feel like i need to strave myself to lose anything. I'm just that into this right now I wish I was at home.
gggbdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I find that if I let myself feel hunger pangs between meals, I lose weight. That seems to be an obvious measure for me. If I'm not feeling my stomach growl once in a while, I typically gain. I also thought, at my highest weight, that if I let myself get so hungry that my stomach would growl, that I would faint. Ha.

GG, maybe try altering your food more ... more vegetables and water, maybe? We could post daily menus in our thread, that is often helpful.

Lyn, some of us weighed in anyway on Memorial Day, even though we didn't have a meeting. I am at risk of getting off track if I don't get on the scale every week.

I lost 4.25 this week ~ yay ~ yay ~ yay! I'm glad, because I didn't exercise all week long.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #5  
lynard

Talking Into "Onderland"

Good for you Phantastica! Guess What? I am BELOW 200!! I was 199.75 tonite!! I have been trying to get below 200# for 4 years now!!

gggbdomino - Don't give up! It's taken me 4 years to lose 15 pounds, but I'm not quitting now. Set some acheivable goals and celebrate when you get to them.

Lyn
Old 06-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #6  
hara hachi bu

Lyn, what a sweeet place for you to be! I'm so proud of you and I admire your perseverence!

How've you been, GG?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #7  

Well I'm doing better I was down a pound today. The meeting went well both the secretary and the treasurer where out so I was the secretary and the leader was the treasurer. I think the what did you eat today thread is helping.
Thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #8  
lynard

Hi everyone. gggb...glad you are feeling more positive.

I am on my way to Atlantic City this pm for business. Flying into Philly. So, to be good to myself I plan to take a walk along the boardwalk when I get there. I've never been there, but may even play a slot machine or two.. I have to give a talk tomorrow and then I will drive 70 miles south to see my oldest daughter in Wilmington DE. She is about to move even further south to High Point NC in a couple of weeks so I don't know when the next chance to see her will be.

Hope you are all having a good week.

Lyn
Old 06-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #9  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Sounds like everyone is having a great week. I have had a busy week with watching my stepkids while their dad is working and taking them to their activites and still trying to squeeze in my excerise time. I had been getting up at 6:30 in the morning and going into Curves by a little after 7. But that makes for a long day for me without being able to take a nap if they don't want to take one. So I think I will see about next week if I can squeeze in my visits to Curves in the evenings after their dad gets off work. This way my sdd, who is ten years old and 150 pounds already can workout with me too. They live with their mom and we watch them for her while she is working. But I have been able to go to the state lake by our house three days now and take a two mile walk with the kids. Plus we went swimming for about 2 hours one day too. So I guess I am getting in my excerise time. But it is strange, since during the school year, I would get up and do a walking video for 30 minutes. But I want a break from that. Then after school I would go workout at Curves 3 or 4 nights a week.
Congrats on everyone's pounds lost this week. I lost 2 pounds at my meeting on Tuesday evening. I was surprised since I only thought I had lost a pound at the most.
Lyn, have a safe trip. Enjoy your walk along the Boardwalk. Plus enjoy the time spent with your oldest daughter. I am sure you will have a lovely trip and visit.
GG, glad to hear that you are feeling better. If it helps you any, I was down to 195 last summer. Then I went back up to 211 over the course of the summer, school year and moving to a smaller house. So my goal is to get below 195 before the end of the summer. I think together we can accomplish our goals. Just remember that the slower you take it off the better it is going to be to keep off. I have seen people join my TOPS group, drop weight like crazy and then hit their plateu and they can't bust out of it and then they quit even trying and gain all their weight back and then some.
Keep your chin up and we will make it through together.
Phantastica, who did you lose your 4.25 without excerising? Or was it all the dates you went on last week. LOL Or did your too big clothes help motivate what you ate?
Well I need to go and get my stepkiddies ready for their ball games this evening. We have one at 5 and one at 7. So it is going to be a late night for dinner. So I think I might just grab a salad after the games.
Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #10  
hara hachi bu

This week, I think part of it was the dating, but also it was emotional stress caused by one of the guys I was dating. He turned out to be a terrible person to date. He was the one I was closest to, who I liked the best, but who I found out had already had a girlfriend that I didn't know about , multiple affairs , AND a wife in a different country . Umm, no. I was flabbergasted that he got away with this, as I'd known him for six months as friends before we decided to date. I'm glad that we did nothing more than kiss for five minutes!

Anyway. That information was enough to make me not want to eat for a day or so. LOL.

I did have a pretty good week last week, though ... I'd brought all my (healthy) lunches to work, ate the "right" things for breakfast, and had moderate dinners.

This week, I haven't been so diligent. There was a runaway-buffet experience I had at a work party yesterday (and I didn't modify my dinner last night), a comfort-food muffin AFTER cereal for breakfast, and a pizza lunch today.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #11  

Good morning it's been a few days since I've been on line. I had my root canel yesterday so yesterday was a planed cheat day I had pintos from toaco bell and a cheese quasadila. It was not vegan at all but that is all I ate all day manly since i was a sleep most of the day. This morning I made a blended salad with blue berries, banana, manderin ornages, and spinich it is really good. I learned why to use a carot to smuch down the spinich
also don't where a white work shirt when your makeing it for the first time as some came back on my shirt. I forgot my lunch Today so my DH went to the store and bought me some he's a good guy and very supportive I'm feeling really good today I'm a little sore but other then that I'm fine. I hope this is'nt TMI but does anyone ever have issues with gas? It's been driving me nuts lately. I was just wondering if there was something you do speacel for it or any thing? Tonight I plan on makeing a big salad and put it in zip lock bags also make the soup for the week it's been hot so maybe I'll make some gaspachio.

wow Phantastica I'm glad you found out all this stuff about your date before you got serious. I hope you have better luck with the others and lots more dates for the fun. Man I'm sure glade I don't have to date anymore it can be hair raising.

Kerry It sounds like you have your hand fool with you step kids it also sounds like you got some good exersise in.

Lyn have fun on your trip.

have a wonderful day and weekend.
peace G
Old 06-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #12  
lynard

Hi everyone. I actually did win $20 in Atlantic City - playing the nickel slots. I enjoyed the boardwalk and probably put in a couple of miles. Also had a good time with my dd - we ate pizza, however. And I had fudge on the boardwalk.

Back to reality today...at work...got out and walked for about 50 minutes - I have weigh-in tonight and we are going to have a digital scale for the first time. No more fudging by moving my feet around and leaning in or out

I wish I had a pool - I used to swim a lot - way way back in my youth. We have a town pool but it doesn't open until July 1st.

It's cool here in WNY. Don't think I'll be wearing shorts outside until it warms up later in the week.

Have a great week everyone!

Lyn
Old 06-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #13  
lynard

Well, I sort of blew it this week. The digital scale was not kind to me, and I overdid it in Atlantic City and over the weekend. Up 5#!!!!

Back on track yesterday and today...just walked 5 miles.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #14  
hara hachi bu

I gained this week at TOPS, too. About 4 pounds. I keep hovering right around 50-pounds-lost and I need to do something to pick up the pace. My TOPS group is small - only 4 people this week - so I asked them all what they thought I should do to pick up the pace this week. The consensus was to STAY AWAY FROM RESTAURANT FOOD (a terrible downfall for me). Sounds easy enough, but it sneaks up on me. I came in to work today and there were Bruegger's Bagels here ... nope, it's restaurant food.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #15  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to hear about your gains this week. You will do better next week. I just know you will. I have faith in you both.
I actually lost 1/4 of a pound. I was shocked tonight when I stepped up on the scale since I had mowed the yard today for 3 hours by pushing mowing it. I had just gotten done 1 1/2 hours before my meeting. So I thought I would be up a little because of my muslces being overworked today mowing a hilly yard. LOL
I have been busy this past week with my stepkids. This weekend we were at the ball fields for tournments both days. Now live seems like it is slowing getting back to normal. I am leaving this Friday to go to our Area Recognition Days in Cinnicinita, Ohio (sorry about spelling) and will be back on Saturday evening sometime. Then Sunday morning I will wake up and drive 4 hours to my parents house to spend a few days with them. But I am coming back on Tuesday, so I can go to my TOPS meeting that night. Plus I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday morning. So it will be nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of my hubby and stepkids. But I have several things that I need to do before I can go away on Friday. So I hope that I am able to accomplish them by Friday morning.
Phantastica, could you pack food to take with you to work and plan out your meals at home? What if you just went to restuarants that offered a menu for dieters and order something off of that menu for your meal? Just a suggestion or two to help you.
Lyn, look at it this way. Didn't you have fun in Atlantic City and spending time with your daughter? You will get back on the bandwagon and start losing again.
Hope everyone is having a great week.
Gotta go and read for a little while before going to bed. I think it will be an early night for me today.
Talk to you all later!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote