The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 05-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #316  

Hi ladies. Just popping my head in for a quick "hello!" I just finished reading this entire thread (it took me a couple of sessions of course). I think that Jillian posted here is awesome! Of course, as her popularity and stardom has risen, I understand the lack of posts completely, but nevertheless, she rocks!

Anyways, all this hype about the book, and I just may have to order it. 15.72 on Amazon, and I get free shipping, I think I can swing it even on my tight budget. So, no questions here, just wanted say hi!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:21 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 160 / 160 / 130

What I like about the book is that it is an easy read! Jillian has kept it simple enough for the people like me to really capture what I need to know for success! She shares stories and examples. Almost feel like she is talking right to you!

Definitely a great purchase!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #318  

I just finished re-reading the book and I have newfound motivation.

I having been doing Weight Watchers and that has kept me losing somewhat slowly (about 0.5 - 1.0 lbs per week), but I have been needing a kick in the butt in regards to cleaner eating and steady exercise. I'm going to start the 12 week plan today and not look back.
For those of you doing the plan in the book, would you recommend doing extra cardio after the circuits or at another time during the day?

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #319  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

If you can pull off extra cardio after doing the circuits laid out by Jillian...more power to ya. I often cheat on the cardio portion of the circuit and round out the hour with straight cardio. My excuse is that I think I keep better form on the weight training if I'm not so busy trying to keep my heart rate up.

OTOH - if it's easier to split it up...that should be fine, too. The point is to get into the habit of doing it and enjoying it...or at least enjoying how it makes you feel

Come join us on this thread and post how your workouts are going if you want.