Old 06-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #1  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Smile Old and new eating habits(this is long )

about 8 years ago i was pretty slim, i weighed 120 pounds the day i enlisted into the navy. i used to eat salads and did alot of stuff in moderation til i went thru bootcamp and got injured then even eating the food in bootcamp i gained weight, i never weighed myself when i was sent home that year(i was in bootcamp from mar 99 to nov 99) and since then i've had weight trouble
i met my husband less than a year after that and i was on my way to losing the weight i had gained even tho i was living on subway while working retail. i was constantly walking since i dont drive. after i got married the weight started to come back and my hubby wasnt much help telling me i was too thin. he went on a deployment and i decided to change my habits, i went from 142 to 129 and felt great. hubby came home and said i was too thin so the weight came back on
well now after 3 years and 1 pregnancy with a 51 pound weight gain i'm at 188 pounds and really needing to lose the weight and my husband finally has agreed that we both need to lose the weight and we're gonna do it together. we bought salad stuff and frozen fruits cause hubby has been told he has to get within standards or else he's outta the military before his actual seperation date gets here.
so now instead of junk food we're going to have fruit smoothies, fresh fruit or salads.
today for my dinner i ate a salad with lite dressing and a bowl of ice cream(yea ok that was my vice)
i used to eat real healthy when i was 15 to 18 i want to be able to do that again and be in a healthy body and mind again
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Good luck to you!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #3  

You can do it, especially since your husband will be doing it along with you, instant diet buddy . I know sometimes when I'm trying to eat well but my bf is eating pizza or chinese food it is so tempting but since you will both be eating healthy, you will both do great. Good luck!!
DaisyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #4  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

My husband and I are dieting too. He gained alot of weight and was goign to get put on weight control, and now that he wants to reenlist he HAD to lose weight. Hes lost like 20 lbs so far (man why do guys lose weight so easy!!) and maybe even more im not sure. But me, ugh i wanna loose this damn weight but its just so hard! Keep your chin up girl and just keep on track and you will do fine. :-)
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #5  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Oh I know what you mean....I used to be in great shape 3 yrs ago, was a gymnast, in control of what I ate, then got married, got seriously ill and it all fell by the wayside! I've gained about 35 extra pounds, maybe more... and I want to lose it...I've been trying my hardest. I feel so sluggish and blah since I gained weight... keep at it...track your food, be smart and educate yourself!! That was my key...EDUCATION is POWER!

I agree Heather, what's with guys losing weight so fast?!?!?! NO FAIR!!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #6  
Hot Mama

i talked to my hubby the other day about eating habits, oddly enough our weight issues revolve around the military......
he had to lose weight when he joined so he ate salads(wonder if he still ate a loaf of bread then too) he lost the weight he was required to lose. now he's to lose weight again to stay in the military for the next several months and to recieve his 1st class rank.
i had to explain to him that when he met me i was not skinny like he says i was and that i had lost the weight from bootcamp by the time we had met and now i'd like to get back to that point.
now in the past 3 days its been salads, fresh veggies and fruit smoothies.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #7  

good luck. for me, just looking at pictures when i was skinnier helps me. and just remember, sooo much of losing weight is exercising. i find that when i am focused on "dieting" all i think about is food. but when i focus on healthy choices and getting strong, it's been easier.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #8  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoposter
good luck. for me, just looking at pictures when i was skinnier helps me. and just remember, sooo much of losing weight is exercising. i find that when i am focused on "dieting" all i think about is food. but when i focus on healthy choices and getting strong, it's been easier.
I agree with the "healthy choices" thing... I know if I tell myself I'm on a diet I go nuts but if I tell myself I'm making healthy choices it's so easy! I have a picture of myself at my lowest weight on the fridge LOL so if I'm tempted to overeat or eat something off limits I look at the picture and stop myself!

ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:42 AM   #9  

Good job at making a commitment and staying with it! The only concern I would have for you two is if you can keep this up long term. Do you have a long term eating plan?
Apolline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:46 AM   #10  
Hot Mama

we're gonna do the south beach diet as hubby's dr suggested it for him already. i'm gonna do some more research on it and see the kind of menus there are for it.