Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 09:32 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Exclamation Former Chub Club-November

EAT LESS MOVE MORE

Well ladies, it is November. Time for you to think about the holidays. I am thankful that we do not go all hog wild with food at this time of year. Yes, mom makes chex mix. But I do not eat it anymore. Heartburn city! I use to go visit and drink a 6 pack of soda but no more! Been soda free for a month now. She buys the lower fat crackers. She loves cheese-I won't touch the stuff. The only thing I eat more than my share is the cold shrimp platter but how much trouble can I get my self into there? We'll see! She does put out cashews but I will say no. I can't even have one of those or I'll be in a nut binge all day!!!!! So, what are your holiday plans? Are you going out of town? Is family coming to you? I will probably cook Thanksgiving for us and any stragglers who have no place to go. We are gonna celebrate Yule this year at home. Christmas will be spent at the various relatives. Xmas Eve at the boys Grandmas. So, I will make a meal but it is easy to eat sensibly at home. I just don't make all the creamy buttery stuff!

So, I get a new excersice plan today. I am thankful. I am getting shin aches from walking so much. It will be nice to have variety. ~audri
Old 11-02-2001, 12:14 AM   #2  

Well, you did awesome in October Audri - you sound like you are on track and I am so happy for you!

Me - just chaos - but I have resoved a few major issues in my life...daughter is moving to a private school starting Monday. So hopefully I'll be on a more even keel with that. My scale says I'm down about 6 pounds...I don't know...I've not been trying that hard and seems like I've done some stress snacking so I half wonder if my scale got un callibrated???

But I must must must get moving on down the scale and into my snow suit by the end of the year. I'll fess up that I'm at 172 and need to drop about 20 to do that....serious effort, no cheating, plenty of sweating...several times a day in fact! But that is the essence of my goal...
Old 11-02-2001, 10:15 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

I liked it better when I weighed 10 pounds less than you!!! Now why did I have to make a cute little monster Griffin and mess all that up?
Okay, 20 pounds is doable but it will require lots of sweat and no cheating! I have never worn a snow suit in my life. Always a bit too rolie poly for that! I would love to try skiing. I should get some health insurance before tho!!!

I added some water to some chicken I was cooking last night and the pyrex dish shattered in at least 500 pieces. I had added liquid lots of times before. It was warm water too. That went my dinner!! I had some tauqitos instead. I baked them, but I think they are fried before packaging!!!! But I ate a cup of salsa and a glass of v-8 with it. Gotta get the veggies in.

I am still unable to do more than 10 minutes at a time on my recumbant indoor bike. It requires so much more leg power than I have!!! My personal goal is to do a 30 minute ride before the end of the month without dying!!!! I should have some muscles by then!!!! I use to be able to do lots with my legs. Guess if you don't use the muscles they go away! ~aud
Old 11-02-2001, 11:38 AM   #4  

Wow, November all ready. My b-day is next week and I will be starting kickboxing classes that night. I've never spent a b-day doing that.

I've done good with the food this week, hopefully I have that under control again. I got on the scale this morning and it has moved down since I started exercising again, so that made me feel good.

Mailewhale, great that you are down 6 pounds. I'm sure your scale is right. Keep it up and you will fit in that snow suit in no time.

As for the holidays, there is a lot of good food and I tend to enjoy it. We go to my dad's for Thanksgiving. Always tastes better when someone else does the cooking. I cook Christmas dinner here. One thing we always have a lot of fresh veggies, so that is a good thing. But then again there is always the deserts. I will try not to eat too many goodies this year.

Keep moving everyone, we can do this!
Old 11-04-2001, 10:17 AM   #5  

Default So proud of all of you!

As for me....
Well...

Uh-Oh.
Halloween happened.

karefree
Old 11-04-2001, 09:04 PM   #6  
you can call me flower

The chocolate and sugar have gotton me a bit off course too. Thank goodness work is tomorrow. Time for a veggie feast!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 12:04 PM   #7  

Time for a fruit fast here!

- no closer to that snow suit!!!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 11:21 PM   #8  

Hello everyone... Dave died Mon morning, Oct 29th and I want to thank all of you for praying for us. I can't believe how much I miss him- it's really hard to think about going on without him. I had services and the burial for him Nov 2nd and 3rd in Oregon -where he grew up/Mom is and where we met. Both of our children and all the family were able to attend. Then last Tues my sister and I flew back to Albany to get my van/finish up some business in VT and New Hampshire- then drove here to Texas to spend some re-coup time with my sister/bro-in-law- just got in today. I've been thinking of you all and wanted to let you know. I don't know what I'll be doing or where, so would appreciate prayers about that.

Thanks again- God bless each of you for all your caring and concern- it meant alot to both Dave and I.
-Jean (JJ/Itsworthit)
Old 11-14-2001, 01:09 AM   #9  

Default Jean, I am so sorry for your loss.

I can't imagine what you must be feeling....I remeber my mother telling me when my father died that she thought it had been hard to lose her parents but it was harder to lose her husband (my Daddy). I know how difficult it was when my parents died and if it is any more difficult to bury a spouse....Well, I just can't imagine.

I will continue to pray for you. I know that you have one more guardian angel looking over you and that you will gain strength and peace. Take care of yourself. Try to check in as much as possible. I think of you often.

Love,
Karen
Old 11-14-2001, 09:20 AM   #10  
you can call me flower

Jean-I am so sorry! It isn't fair. I know that first hand. And you are right, the hardest part is missing him. There are so many things through out the day you wish you could tell him, or get his opinion on. It won't get get easier for awhile, but you are strong and you'll get thru this. I can't remember how long he was suffering for, but as time frames go. He was lucky. I feel the same way about my husband. As much as I had wished that they were here longer, is was best if they moved on. The person they became isn't who you fell in love with, nor is the person they wish to be. Please email me whenever, I will listen when you need a friend. [email protected] ~audri
Old 11-14-2001, 01:07 PM   #11  

Oh, Jean, my heart is with you.

Thank you for letting us know. Our support and prayers are with you friend. And it makes me feel somehow as if my bit of internet friendship is of value, that you would write to share this with us. I know it has meant a lot to me over these last few years.

Peace be with Dave, and peace be with you.

love, Katrina
Old 11-14-2001, 10:14 PM   #12  

I'm so sorry to hear about Dave. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better. At least you know he is in a better place and not suffering any more.

Try to take good care of yourself.

Love,
Anne Rita
Old 11-16-2001, 01:36 AM   #13  

Thanks everyone.. I really appreciate your posts of support- know I'll have lots of ups and downs - just praying that each day I'll find more ups than downs. I'm starting another gratitude journal <re Oprah>... that really helped before.

I just went back and re-read everyone's resolve here for the holidays... there have been so many good things going on here with all of you this month. My sis and I have been resolving to get back on-track, too... means sweating off the pounds & making better choices again and there's flat walking around here! You've all encouraged me to start now instead of waiting until after the holidays, so I'm setting new goals for myself, too. (Mailwhale, snowsuits don't seem to be that prevalent in Texas so thinking I should be working towards being ready for some of the hot weather I hear them talking about... won't be so easy to stay bundled up in my usual jeans/sweats down here next summer.)

Looking forward to you all posting your successes... how's everyone doing? Have a great weekend!
Old 11-16-2001, 01:49 PM   #14  

Itsworthit, good luck to you and your sister getting back on track, it's easier when you have someone else to do it with. Hopefully as time goes on you will have more "ups" in your days.

It is beautiful here today. Almost 70 degrees. I went for a walk at the beach with Daphne (my dog), had a great time. It's only going to be in the low 40's tomorrow. Gotta love New England weather.

We won't be going to NH this weekend. My daughter is going to keep me busy though. We are going to look at wedding gowns tomorrow afternoon. It should be fun.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Don't forget to keep moving!
Old 11-16-2001, 02:05 PM   #15  

Default Hey, girls.....

Not doing too well here. Just finished off a turkey burger (which was fine. Great, in fact, IF I had stopped there) and a carrot cake. Just checked. The cake was 370 calories! How ridiculous!!!! I will try to do better....

Itsworthit and MailWhale, I think I will have to have another goal than a snowsuit fitting also. The weather here has been unseasonably warm....Maybe I could try to get into a pair of pants that I can't get into anymore....I wish inspiration was bottled!

Sandy, I envy you your walks on the beach with Daphne. How's she doing, BTW? Is she huge?

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Karen
Closed Thread