Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Board Chat #45

Old 06-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #2  
Melissa

Thanks Kathy!!
I'm glad to hear that you are staying home today. I hope that you are enjoying yourself!

It's been a very looooong day but it is finally winding down. I don't plan on doing much the rest of the day. I've been making a grocery list.
I don't know if I'm breaking my own rules but we're going to eat out tonight. I'm very tired and desperately need to go to the grocery store! So I'll try not to be too bad.
I hope that you're all having a great Thursday...
Old 06-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #3  

I actually decided to go on to work, so I came in around noon. I figure four hours is better than nothing, plus I got to sleep a little late. I'll work tomorrow to make up some more of them time, then deal with whatever else happens.

I hope you have a good evening out.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #4  

Geez, it's like 3 hours later and nobody's here!!!

I left work at 5:00 and went first to the post office to buy stamps and mail bills, then went to Walgreens to pick up my new Rx, then went to a BBQ place and got a family pack of sliced beef, potatoes, baked beans, and rolls. I was so very welcomed when I came home.

We have Mavs basketball to watch tonight but first I'm going to rest a bit and hope my new meds kick in. I got Ultram (Tramadol) ... the nurse said it might make me hyper but I think that's better than being zonked out all the time. Maybe this pigsty will get cleaned during the night tonight!

I'm working tomorrow to wipe out some of the PTO I charged this week; hopefully it won't be more than 4-5 hours. After that, I'm home for the weekend. Monday morning I have an appt. with the surgeon and I'm going to request that he amputate my left leg about mid-calf.

Judd had to leave work a little after noon today because he was getting icky again. Poor guy.

Does everyone except for me have a life??? Where are you guys?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #5  
Melissa

Here I am! I'm trying to get some stuff done around the house, but I'm so tired that it's not going too well.
Just wanted to come by and tell you all that I think I've convinced DH to do core!! I'm very excited. He hasn't decided for sure but I know that my life would be easier if he did.
I hope that you are all doing well.
Kathy, don't work too hard tomorrow. I hope that your new meds work wonders and help you to feel more like your old self. How is work with your bum leg?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #6  

Good evening ladies, I posted this on the closed thread and decided to move it here.
I have a wedding shower to go to on Sunday soo excited I get to go alone I will leave DS & DD Home with DH. It starts at 12pm in New Jersey which means I will have to be at my moms house by 10am on Sunday so I have to leave my house by 8:45am, thank goodness I am going alone could you imagine getting ready & lugging the whole family out of the house by 8:45.
I went to walmart to pick up a few items and found the cutest tops there, they are the tunic tops with sequince. I was so worried I had nothing to wear for this shower, the one top I bought matches a skirt I have perfectly and they were only $16.00.

Saundra it's ok you can laugh, my mom does all the time, she gets a kick out of her. My dd is definitely a character, she is stubborn, tough and defiant, very strong willed which will probably be to her benefit when she grows up. She attracts alot of attention wherever we go, very outgoing & speaks like she is 5.

Maggielinna congrats on the weight loss. I too seem to put the pounds on much easier than losing them. Keep up the good work. DH & I went to Puerto Vallarta for our Honeymoon, had a great time.

Vickie don't you just love new things, I wish companies would get things straight sometimes I also feel everything has to be complicated, but don't let it get you down, think how beautiful everything is going to look when it is all in place and working.

Melissa it is ok to rant, sometimes you need to get things off you chest. I was like that last week, hope you will feel better soon, take a nice bubble bath & light some scented candles, that seems to relax me when I am stressed.

Angela Happy birthday, are water ballon fights great we had one last year with our kids and they had a blast.

Kathy you brought tears to my eyes, it is tough losing someone you love. My dad passed away 5 years ago at the age of 61. I got the dreaded 1am phone call, my mom didn't tell me he passed on the phone, just to come to her house. It happened instantly, 8 days after my birthday, so every year when it is my birthday I feel really sad and I think about him every day, the pain does not go away you just learn to live with it. Lets have happy thoughts, how is the quilt coming along, I am going to try to take sewing lessons, I would love to learn.

Sandra have a great weekend with your visitors.
Rose that is a great idea, I should journal what thay say, sometimes the things they say crack you up. The other day dd found a penny in the driveway,picks it up and says " ooh my lucky day"

Froufie I am also waiving hello to you.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #7  
Melissa

Hey Niki, I hope that you have fun at the shower this weekend. At least you'll be looking good! Sometimes you can find the cutest stuff at Wal-Mart.

Two Questions for everyone:

1. Do you know of any natural way to repel cats? Or is there something I can buy? I have a cat using my veggie garden as a litter box.

2. Do you have any suggestions for hair rollers/curlers? Not even necessarily hot rollers. I just need something to get some volume in this hair. I was thinking just the (velcro?) ones that you put in your hair and dry it. Hey, Niki would know the answer to this question!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Gee Melissa, you can have my velcro rollers, they're only ten years old. LOL

Okay, hip, hip, hooray! Bernie found my glasses in the car. They were between the driver's seat and the door. I am so, so happy!

We went out for dinner and I had trusty salmon. It was really good, served with grilled veggies. They had mashed potatoes, so I passed.

We've rented Freedomland, so I'll give my review tomorrow.

Have a good evening all.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #9  

Melissa when your hair is wet put mousse in it for volume and when you roll your hair in the rollers velcro would do fine, lift your hair at an angle so you get volume in the root.

Hope this helps
Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #10  
Melissa

Thanks Niki. Do you have any suggestions for the kind of rollers I should get? I'm a real doof at this stuff.

Saundra, I'm so glad that you found your glasses! Isn't it amazing how the things we search for are usually right under our noses? Have fun watching your movie.

I'm so tired tonight and thinking about hitting the sack really early. I just feel totally out of sorts! Good night all!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #11  

Saundra, did Bernie happen to look for my pants? THEY'RE STILL MISSING!!! I can understand how shoes could walk off (after all, that's what they do ... walk) but PANTS?? I'm glad your glasses were found.

Melissa, there are things you can spray to repel cats. You can also plant marigolds but you probably don't want them in with your veggies. Maybe a hanging pot or two in the area?

For your hair, have you tried hanging upside down when you first blowdry it? Dry the roots first but do it while bending over. Use a combination of hot and cold air too ... like after you do the hot air, immediately put cold air on it to "set" it. I'm no pro but I do know it'll help. I have the opposite problem though; too much body and fluff. I'd trade you any day.

I'm glad Aaron is agreeing to Core. He will really like it, I'm sure. Any guy who can eat their fill of pinto beans, brown rice, and salsa (what a great combination) can't complain. And then all of the grilled meats, baked potatoes, vegetables (corn on the cob, green beans, you know -- your regular stuff), oatmeal or grits, eggs anyway you want ... there's certainly no shortage of foods for him to choose from. You just have to educate him on the eating out, breads, and sweets. I wish him much success!

Back to the basketball game ...
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #12  
Melissa

Kathy I had no idea about the marigolds. I wouldn't mind planting a few around the veggies, I only have 6 veggie plants anyway. Maybe I could border them with some marigolds. Thanks! That's a great idea.
And thanks for the encouragement about DH and core. He has been eating a lot of core meals and just didn't know it. He just equates WW with counting points and he's very against that. Hopefully he'll come around though, because we both want to be healthier.
How's the game coming along? Oh, and you know I didn't steal your pants, because they would only fit on one leg. How embarrassing. Maybe Zuki or Bindy??
And and yes I always dry my hair upside down, though I didn't know about the hot/cold thing. I have to dry my hair pretty fast or it gets frizzy. I just have really fine, thin hair that doesn't want to do anything but lay around. Hey, that sounds like me!
OK I'm really headed to bed now. Good night!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #13  

Dallas is winning, thank you very much. Of course, it's still early.

I'm going on a rampage this weekend and will find those darn pants if it's the last thing I do.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #14  
Paula

Good evening everyone...or I should say good night since it is late. We only had today off together so I have been gone most of the afternoon. We did go to Texas Roadhouse and I had a small steak, steamed veggies and a salad with only some of the dressing.
Craig is going to visit his mother tomorrow and I have to work all weekend
We have never spent any time apart other than work so it will be a long weekend but I am sure I will make it through
I hope you all have a good night and a good weekend.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #15  
Paula

Oh, Melissa, I forgot, We do square foot gardening. Craig put some moth balls (we bought them at Wal-Mart) just around the outside of the garden so they would not touch the veggies. We haven't had any cats or bunnies in the garden so far. We wanted to use moth crystals so they wouldn't show as much but I couldn't find them. We don't really notice the moth balls and we just put a few so the smell doesn't choke us. We also planted marigolds in the corners of the garden. Good luck!
Closed Thread