UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:46 AM   #1  

Default June Chat - May is over!!!!

C'mon Girlies - it is now June and some of us are busting out all over!!

I must admit I have only just realised the date and now have a new Johnny Depp piccie to look at on my calender, yipee!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #2  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

OOooh Johnny Depp is lovely!

This month i need to shift the 2 lbs i put on last month
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #3  

He is my precioussssssss!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:29 AM   #4  

Jumping june? um maybe not lol...

heres to more good losses... !..

lx
Old 06-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ooooh yeah it's June

I have woken up from my reading-induced nap! I was reading BfL and fell asleep for an hour or two. I feel ok now, I need my contacts in so I can read BFFM on the latop without lapsing back into headache land!

I'm not kickboxing tonight, I thought I'd have a rest, plus if I wanted to go I would probably pass people from work on the road... So I decided it's not the best idea! I'm going on Saturday though while I drop my bike off for its tyres changed. More expense! Gah!
Old 06-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Jelly Tots are the way forward
Old 06-02-2006, 03:53 AM   #7  

Jelly Tots? Do they still make them?

I was rather excited to see tooty frooties the other day...

MInd you jelly tots will have gelatine in so a no go area for me now.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:08 AM   #8  

Gelatine free sweets - what a pain - we can put man on the moon, sell clothes to people in Wales from the comfort of our living room, and bake a loaf of bread on our kitchen cabinets in a box in less than 2 hours, but can you buy decent gelatine free marshmallows without trekking to every shop in town??? I'm not a veggie, but I have friends who are Muslim, Jewish and veggie/vegan, and it's just so tricky to buy sweets! There is a good Kosher deli near where I used to live, which was fab for veggie sweets!

I'm very giddy today!!! Must be the caffeine!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:48 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

Good morning giddiness Are you getting excited about the race??? I'm seriously untrained I think I'll be ok though, I'll just have to do my best.

I have been to the dentist this morning - he congratulated me on my lovely clean teeth Which is amusing, since I only really brush about every other day! I do have an electric toothbrush which may be the reason!

My headache is gone - that whole day of sleep yesterday did the trick - I feel quite giddy today too and I haven't had any caffiene yet! DF is away for the weekend, which means I get to go to tonight after a brutal 2 hours in the gym Then tomorrow I am taking the bike for tyres while I am kickboxing, then I think I will treat myself to the cinema - I might see that United 93, but I'm not sure. On Sunday I am going to batch bake and shop for healthy food and plan the week's food in advance.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:53 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

G' morning - isn't it lovely today!

I had three glasses of wine last evening and I think I've got a hangover.

The meeting about the development of the area of land behind our house went as well as it could have. The owners have had talks with the Council about planning permission but haven't put in for it yet because of the restrictions and requirements the Council have put on them. The area of land they are thinking of developing is much bigger than we originally thought and is (apparently) just part of the proposed regeneration of this area. I'm pleased about the regeneration of the area, sad about the development of a lovely haven for wildlife - and furious that its happening at the bottom of my garden!

I had a LONG conversation with the woman who runs the regeneration partnership who just happened to be there at the same time as me - and she offered me a part time job! It can fit in whatever hours I like so long as I do a minimum of 10 hours, maximum of 20 hours a week (thats all they've got funding for) - and, because of Doris the wonder-computer, I could do some of those hours at home! I'm going to spend an hour with them one day next week to see if I like it. I can even take the dogs with me if I like!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:01 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

Oh - I forgot to say.... I got a comment on my blog yesterday from a Body for Life purist/fundamentalist - telling me that I'm doing too much exercise! She said (basically) that I won't get the results I'm expecting because I haven't kept strictly to the exercise as set out in the book. (I do extra walking with the dogs and extra abs exercises.) She also told me that I eat too much.

I've deleted the comment because she was quite rude but I'd really appreciate other peoples' opinions.

There are some strange people out there!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:10 AM   #12  

Ignore the sad cow. It is what works for you.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:53 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

She's probably jealous because she doesn't do as much exercise as you do!

As for the job That sounds brill!
Old 06-02-2006, 06:59 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Oh - I forgot to say.... I got a comment on my blog yesterday from a Body for Life purist/fundamentalist - telling me that I'm doing too much exercise! She said (basically) that I won't get the results I'm expecting because I haven't kept strictly to the exercise as set out in the book. (I do extra walking with the dogs and extra abs exercises.) She also told me that I eat too much.

I've deleted the comment because she was quite rude but I'd really appreciate other peoples' opinions.

There are some strange people out there!
I agree with the others do what works for you. Shes right in the sense that some people use exercise as an excuse for eating more but don't get the results that they want because they don't appreciate how much exercise you have to do to lose weight just through exercise but you arent like that. You seem to have a good appreciation of what works for you. look at all the people here that have lost through exercise. I think you have your lifestyle for life if you do really want to lose weight so its best to do what suits you. She probably can't deviate from the plan and thats actually probably worse for her because who is going to be that regimented forever - noone.

Well that was just a really long way of saying stick to what works for you and sod everyone else!!
Old 06-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

Thank you - I needed to hear that. It doesn't take much for me to question what I do because its so new to me and I'll take advice from anyone as long as there some sense in it somewhere - but her advice just sounded a bit strange to me.

I've got to the point where I'm not so fussed about losing weight, I'm just happy to be getting fitter and if losing weight is a side benefit, then thats nice too. (Hope this makes sense.)

Does anyone have a cure for woman eating midges... gnats... mosquitoes... whatever they are. They seem to target me and zoom in when I'm least expecting it. Tesco's insect repellent seems to attract them for some reason.
Closed Thread