Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#921

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #2  

Patty: So sorry that your exercising was hard today. Big hugs to you. I am feelilng so much better. Thank you for asking.

Suemarie: Oh, I hope that you get enough people. How am I going to play softball vicariously through you if you don't. LOL.

Xena: Yea!!!! Good for you for abstaining from the cake. It is so easy to just have a piece and justify it with doing more exercises or skipping some good for you meal but you did it. I'm proud of you.

Everyone else hope you are all op and happy and healthy.
Blessings,
Dogpal / Annie
Old 05-31-2006, 10:31 PM   #3  

Helllloooo everyone!

Just stopping by to check in.

I've been in just a quandry.... I have a wedding to go to this weekend. It's going to be really nice and it's two of my closest friends. I so want to look good.. and not in my usual "nice but nothing special" dress clothes. I don't really have much in terms of party type clothes---I just don't dress that way much. I'm more of a khakis or capris and casual tops kind of gal And.... what I DO have is either affected by the fact that I've lost just enough so it doesn't look good or ... just not good. And... of course... I've been dreading shopping. But, I bit the bullet last night and trucked my butt to the mall.

And.... well.... the store I like the most didn't really have anything dressy... so I was looking for a few things for work, since my clothes just aren't working too well... but I'm not ready to spend a bunch of money on clothes becasue, frankly, I'm not even CLOSE to being done yet ... BUT.... lo and behold... just as I had given up.... I saw something... and.... I got it.... AND... it's a smaller size than I've bought in quite a while!! woohoo!

Now.. it's pretty simple... not exactly sparkles and shine .. but, then.. neither am I. I got a simple mid calf black sleeveless dress with just a little slit up one side. AND... then I found something to wear over it... a loosely knit light weight kind of thing... that basically is open down the front and ties at the very bottom -- you can tell the dress is sleeveless but causes less self consiousness about arms . AND.... it's a color I've NEVER bought before in my life. I have dark red hair, auburn, and what I bought is BRIGHT coral. I wasn't even going to consider it but the salesgirl convinced me to try it on and.. I really liked it. It actually looks good with my hair and coloring (although it would look better if I were more tan) it ties RIGHT exactly where I am most self consious at my belly . AND....... it's a smaller size!!!!!!!! oh, did I mention that already?? LOL

SO... since I felt so good I went and bought a new necklace and earrings.. and.. new shoes. So... I'm feeling a bit better about the whole wedding thing.

And... I'm a bit more optimistic about Weigh In tomorrow... TOM arrived a bit earlier, so I was thinking MAYBE just MAYBE last week was more about preparation for that---I always seem to stay or gain just before and take a bit of a dip just after it starts... so.... send good losing vibes my way. . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for just a bit more of a loss before the wedding.

Sorry this post is an "all about me" post.... please know I'm thinking of each of you (even those seemingly MIA lately....).

Back soon.....

Mel
Old 05-31-2006, 11:37 PM   #4  
Freedom awaits us

Smile Ladies - I'm a very happy lady tonight!!!

WI at Weight Watchers tonight. I lost 5.8 lbs. this past week.

I jumped off the scale and jumped up and down didn't care what anyone thought, I'm so happy

All the best to everyone.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Xena, yay for you about not eating the cake!!!! I was happy to see your post and I am proud of you!!!!!

Mel, LOL yah I think you mentioned the dress is a smaller size! <G> Yipppeeeeeee

Everybody else too, great job and hang in there... keep on moving those butts LOL.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:20 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone. I am having a happy day today. My hubby and I have been cleaning out the garage and making things more compact in there. Well, a lot of our stuff is still packed because we don't want to get settled in here so when I came across some of my shoes that were too small for me since California about 5 years ago when I was in the 3's, I grabbed them thinking maybe by the end of the year I can get back into them. Well...... I tried on all three pairs and all three pairs fit! I'm so exicted because I haven't worn them in years and they are all brand new expensive shoes! One of them cost over $100 for the pair and I only got to wear them a couple of times. Oh joy. I showed my hubby tonight when he came home and he was so thrilled for me. He did mention that one pair is still a bit snug, which I felt in my shoe but, I coudn't even get it one before! I can wear the other two pairs right now. Yipee! I am such a shoe girl. LOL. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so wish me luck. Also, tomorrow is the final day of my Curves diet class. I'm so I love going and I love the accountability I have there. I am making a promise to keep coming here for sure now and to report my weight every single Thursday! I will have my measurments taken by the the Curves employee once a month on the 1st of the month.

Mel: Yipee! Oh, I can't wait to be in a smaller size. What joy you must feel. I bet you do sparkle a bit even though you don't see it. You sparkle here!

Elaine: Whop Whop! -5.8 is marvelous! You are so very close to Twoderville!

I am missing lots of you ladies: Futurediva, Lori, JuleeCee, Jillybean, Val, Ammi, Sharon, MariaLucia, Brenda, Catherine, Luan, Zelma, Dolphingirl, all of you who I can't recall your name right now, please know that you are all missed when you don't come around. We hope you are all right and even if you have gained weight or are staying the same come on back and let us give you some support like you supported us.

Blessings all,
Dogpal/ Annie
Old 06-01-2006, 03:14 AM   #7  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Never fear...I am here. I had a mental health day today...hit the gym, had the car serviced, lunch with my friend Wendy, took my ring in to be checked and cleaned (SO SHINY!) and then hit the mall. It was a goooood shopping day too...then WW and dinner with Jason. Zero change on the scales which for this week was as good as a loss.

So now it's June. No closer to moving out. Wedding in 6 months. Really needed to get back ont rack with the weight loss...although my trainer at the gym called me skinny minnie today...wow!

It was sooooo hot today....the 90's are here and I am counting the days until June gloom descends. Let's just hope it is after Sunday.

Off and running..Need to put away all my goodies and get to bed.

Oh..someone said they like the new Diet Dr. pepper Berries and Cream...I find it tastes like children's cough syrup. Hmmm.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:34 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hey has Tasha been arround lately? i hope shes ok!
Old 06-01-2006, 05:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

I had a good night's sleep last night and when the sun woke me at 8 am I decided I was too 'awake' to try to go back to sleep. I decided I would use this quiet time when everybody is asleep to go back and read all the post I haven't replied to and then do just that, reply So here we go -

Heather (wyllen) - you made an excellent observation in your post where you wrote about going away for part of the weekend and eating more than you have done in a long while and going over your calories. Yet when you compare what you ate to what you would have done in the past, you still did really well. I think we all have to remember not to give ourselves such a hard time if we do go over our points or our calories now and then, and do what you did, think of how we still made good choices compared to in the past. I am glad you had such a nice time.

Hpnotq - I hear you on the Turkey burgers, I make my own too and they are so delicious, you know exactly what goes into them, and you can make them much bigger and therefore have more value for your points than if you bought them frozen. I make beef burgers too, but much prefer the turkey ones.

I am with you too on being determined to make this weight loss a one way street. I have wasted far too many years yo yo dieting, and this time when the weight is off I am cutting that darn string.

I see you are like Crock and love your Nascar racing. Have you ever been to Vegas? The hotel we stayed in was called the Sahara and they have a whole area devoted to Nascar. Simualator car races, a Nascar shop, a real Nascar on display, and a cafe all themed on it. I took a picture of my hubby near the car, and also having a go on the simulator

Annie - isn't it amazing how even our feet get fat too That is awesome that you tried on those 3 pairs of shoes and that they all fit now. I remember a long time ago when I lost weight I had a gorgeous pair of flat grey shoes. For some reason I was talking to my now ex MIL and I pretended to kick something, forget why, anyway having lost weight, my shoe was loose and it went flying across the kitchen It was then that I realised that I had lost weight from my feet! Sounds weird doesn't it!

I am glad your back is so much better now. Now you have to remember no more heavy lifting

Don't be downhearted about not meeting your exercise goal for this month. You did SO well, and considering you haven't exercised for so long before you started this diet, you should be proud of youself that the only thing stopping you from reaching your target was your back! It certainly wasn't through choice, or just being lazy etc!!

Can't wait to hear how your WI went today!!

Mel - thanks for the compliments on my avatar photo. I don't often have photos I like of myself, but that particular one I do love

How is your heel now? Have you looked at that web site I gave you the link too, or better still have you been to the doctors about it?

That is so brilliant that you found an outfit for your friends wedding, it sounds gorgeous, and it's in a smaller size than you normally buy too, what more could a girl ask for I have lost 22 lbs but so far no change in my clothes size. I do look forward to when it happens though!

I never realised that you had that hair colour, is it natural? Either way, I can just see it going beautifully with coral. You are going to feel so beautiful when you are all dressed in your new outfit along with the necklace, earrings and new shoes too. Don't forget we want to see photos

Flady - sorry to hear that you had such a bad headache. I have had one on and off for the past couple of days. I think it's because I have had little time to relax. Hopefully I won't get one again today, and that you won't either.

Elaine - WOOHOO 5.8 lbs lost, that is fantastic. You must be so over the moon I sure don't blame you for jumping off those scales and doing your happy dance, I am sure I would have done the same! Wow, just 7 lbs away from being in the 200s!!!

Thanks for going to the trouble of looking up which posts on the maintainers threads would make great reading for us. I haven't had chance to look them up yet, but as I am having a quiet day today I will definitely do so later.

Julee - well done you on taking your own food along when you were away for that convention. You and Heather are wonderfully inspiring by showing that you can go away, have a few treats but on the whole still thoroughly enjoy yourself!

Wow just 6 months til the wedding now, I bet you will find the months will fly by! Have you heard anything from Sarah yet about the letter you wrote to her about not being in the wedding party now? I hope she didn't/doesn't have the gall to act all offended.

Nancy - did you end up going to the gym after all? You certainly sounded determined to go? I hear you on the exercise and TOM thing. Not me personally because I don't have TOM anymore, but my SD Caleigh, she has such a heavy TOM that she can't do PE in school that particular week. She hates missing out, but she knows she is going to end up in a mess if she does it, and that's the last thing she needs especially in school.

Sorry that things have been stressful in work, thank heavens for Ipods and calming music huh? If I am really angry about anything I like to listen to power ballads or rock REALLY loud through headphones. A few songs into the CD and I am calm

Glad you got to go shopping. Isn't it great for both the pocket and the calorie allowance when we realise that convenience food isn't that great. You don't get enough for your money or your cals/points.

Kayley - sounds like you had the most wonderful time away. I don't know what sounded the most fun, the interactive mini golf, or brat fest. Though as I have NO idea what Brat fest is, I guess the golf wins out, Not sure about over there, but over here a brat is a spoiled kid, one who wants it's own way all the time and has a temper tantrum if it doesn't get it. I found it so funny when I read that you had eaten some brats

Oh my goodness you are just 1 lb away from your birthday goal tomorrow. I really hope you are going to make it, what a great birthday present!!

I am sure it helped that while you were away you still made lots of good food choices, and of course that you were so active all the time.

I am so pleased that you are FINALLY noticing your weight loss. You are seeing what we've all been seeing from recent photos of you. You are doing so well, and even though you still can't see it, your face is definitely getting smaller too!

Tracey - so glad to see you posting. Sorry that it's so hot and humid in NY. I have a friend who just last week moved away from there and she is now settling into a house in Colorado. She has lived in NY all her life, in an apartment, and she has been so looking forward to the move. I bet she won't mind missing the heat there right now.

Crock - yay, glad to see you back, and thank you for all the smilies When I see the numbers in all those pretties it sure makes me realise that's quite a few lbs Thank you.

Glad you had such a great time away. You are yet another one of the fab ladies here who has gone away and still managed to stay OP. Can we all shout out LIFESTYLE CHANGE

Xena - I am so happy that you are doing so well being back OP, and that you made that decision to not eat birthday cake yesterday and you didn't You are right, in our lives we have all put effort into doing other things that are important to us, and achieved our goals, so why should losing weight be any different. Sounds like your mind is made up, and we are going to be seeing those lbs flying off you

Sharon - great to see you posting, I always love seeing what you write. Isn't it amazing how quickly we can all gain weight. I am sure that most of that 5 lbs was down to all that Bud though and you are doing s great job in already losing 2 lbs. Once you are on track nothing can stop you. By the next time you go to your parents you are going to be knocking their socks off by the amount of weight you have lost between now and then!

Thinthinker - thanks for those links, I had a quick look yesterday at the first page you sent a link for, but will take more time going over it today.

Val - you go girl, you show those skinny things that a big lady can exercise and do a better job at it than them sometimes. I bet that gave you such a buzz seeing that skinny girl having to take breaks through the work out that you were ploughing you way through

Don't feel so disheartened about the fact that DH was so down about not being able the finance to buy a bike. You have to focus on the positives, and that to me seems to be that at least you didn't have to force him into realising he couldn't afford a bike. He saw it for himself which has to be a good thing. It's also so great that he realises you need to spend less time on the truck, and concentrate on your schoolwork. Sounds like things are definitely improving between you both and I hope it continues to do so

Idril - sorry that you got called into work when you would much rather have been at home getting the house ready for your visitor. Well look at the bright side, at least you get the money for working

It's awful isn't it how we want to turn to food when we are facing any problems or are just feeling low. Let's face it, it's one of the reasons we are the size we are now. But as you said, we all have to learn that food isn't the answer. It's not going to be easy, but we can do it. In the mean time, knowing you only have cottage cheese and fruit in the house is a good way to help stop the urges to have a binge.

SueMarie - glad you had such a great time chaperoning some kids to a baseball game.

Did you manage to work out on your treadmill, or did you feel too under the weather?

OOOh we don't have those flavours of Dr Pepper, diet or otherwise. I guess in time we might get them though. I don't drink a lot of pop, but if I am out I quite like Diet Cherry coke which is new over here. The fat boy stuff has been here for ages, but finally they realised dieters might like to try it too

Luan - hey, how are you doing, still sticking OP and doing well?

MariaLucia - just thought I would give you a mention in case you are at least reading posts here still. I hope things are improving in your life now and that you will feel up to posting here again soon. You are missed.

Zelma - are you ok? Have I forgotten something you said would be keeping you busy? I am missing your posts, and I hope you will be back soon

GarnetFairy, Catherine, Christine, Brandnewme, Brenda, Lillion, Vicki, Sharon (neurotica), Dusty, I'mnotfluffy, Jill, and anybody else I am dull enough to have not named, where are you all? Please post soon, diet or no diet, you are missed.

Ok hubby is awake now, and I am hungry, so it's time for breakfast. Take care all, and have a great day. Good luck to everybody having a WI today!!

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

Ammi ~ Thanks for holloring at me, and Thanks for missing me.. I have a lot of pics , If we ever catch one another on yahoo I will share, I have our ride pics and Nascar pic out the waaazoooo........ I am here at Kims Baby sitting Austin and Mandy, Kim and her husband Have ventured to New Jersey to buy him a truck.. They will be back in a couple days..I volunteered to babysit quickly, as I was not ready to take another road trip... I just dont get enough water on road trips.. and I could tell it sunday, I have drank an ocean since I got home,, Austin is still sleeping I have a movie I am emailin you of the Baby,, dancing.... he is awesome. I will be in and out... Take Care Ammi
Old 06-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well - I have nothing to worry about when it comes to reaching the two hundreds by my birthday. I don't know how it happened, but I lost 6 pounds this week - my only explanation is that I had to go off the pill in preparation for my procedure and that it had a big effect. That brings me to 51 pounds lost! I am pretty psyched - somehow getting past that 50 mark really means something for me - like it verifies that I am seriously doing this. Not that I didn't know I was serious, but sometimes this all feels surreal. I have been fat and wanting to do something about it my whole life, sometimes I can hardly believe I am actually doing it!

Congrats to Elaine for also losing 6 pounds (rounded) this week!

Hopefully I will be back with personals later.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #12  

way to go nancy that is wonderful and you too Elaine
Old 06-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ammi: The really fun one is the second link. It's the one with video clips and all kinds of cool stuff to click on and get info from. Have fun exploring.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #14  

Julee: So glad that you got to have a mental health day. Sounds like it was a good one.

Ammi: You are such a sweetie. Thank you for the encouraging words. You are right. I was really wanting to exercise it's not like I was being lazy.

Luan: Hi

Crock: Hi. Sounds like you had lots of fun.

Nancy: Wahoo! Congrats on your -6 pounds super nice. Only 2 more!

Kayley: I hope you are one pound lighter at least today so you can reach your goal, but, if you are not you are still doing so awesome. I want to wish you the very best birthday ever. We love you lots.

Well, I wanted to loose 30 pounds during my six weeks Curves diet class and today is the very last day and I am down another 3 pounds which brings my Curves total to 29 pounds lost! Oye. I am not going to dwell on that one pound I didn't make because I did well and I hope with all my heart that this life changing feeling that I have had since joining Curves will stay with me. It is enough of a blessing. Thank you all for the encouraging words and cheers. I will report later of my inches lost because they do that at the final meeting tonight. Be blessed today.
Annie
Old 06-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Nancy I'm so pleased you made the weight you wanted, when the fibroid is zapped/removed it will take a pound or two off the scales too!! Did I misread that it will FALL OUT?!!!!! I thought it would be destroyed or absorbed by your body, unless they had to physically remove it. I hope your guy is spoiling you and that you are feeling relaxed, how long 'til your birthday? btw I loved your photos.
Valerie, at least your guy understands now that you've shown him the financial situation; rather than insisting on a bike, at least he can see why it's not a good idea.
Dogpal, what happens now, about the curves slimming class? You said it was the last one. You have done so well, so quickly. Since January this year I've lost 16lbs, you've almost doubled that in a much shorter time!!!
Xena, you are realy back with a vengence, saying no to cake?!!! Was it you who asked about Fell ponies? They are native British ponies, as far as I remember they are usually black, stand 14-15hh (about 5' 4"-5'6" at the shoulder) and have 'hairy' legs, they were used to carry heavy loads, to ride and to pull carts/carriages/ploughs. Since tractors took over most of their work they are often seen being ridden or driven in shows, they have a beautiful trot with high 'showy' steps.
Ammi, I hope you are having a good time going out, the sun is shining and the girls are behaving. I KNOW that you are staying OP!!
Julee, what happened to the letter, did it get sent and did you get a reply? What is the actual date for your wedding?
I have to go, I know I've forgotten people, Sue Marie, I hope you are not studying TOO HARD!!!!! and that you enjoy the softball, is there a team n ow or was there talk of starting one? Sorry I'm easily confused!!
I've been catching up with housework, as it's been rasining today so I couldn't get into the garden, good job really as my arms and back are sore. I did manage 10 mins on the exercise bike yesterday, I will start using videos again tomorrow, we've ben having lie-ins as steve's not at work 'til 1pm but it's thrown my routine out of the window.
xxsharon
Closed Thread