Old 05-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (May 29-June 4)

Am I just blind, or have these threads stopped? Well, I know I need them, and I am back, so even if I'm the only one still posting my menus, here I am!

Today's an off day since it's a vacation day from work. Jeff and I don't have any major gathering to attend, so we are packing a lunch and going to a park with a lake and walking trails and stuff. We're bringing 2 loaves of plain white bread to feed the ducks, and then we'll picnic together--I've packed sandwiches and whole-grain SunChips and soda (diet for me, of course). Then we're off to a very large mall for some shopping--I've finally decided to start dressing like a grown up instead of so casually at work because I've been increasingly interacting with associates from outside companies and with higher-ups (Directors and VPs) on a daily basis, so I need some new tops. Dinner is yet TBD.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #2  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Hmm, I guess that, being new, I hadn't noticed this kind of thread before. Are we supposed to list food, exercise, emotional outlook, etc? I'll bite:

Breakfast: Chicken Parmesan w/ wine (an unbreaded dish), corn (450 cals)
M. Snack: 1 bowl lipton noodle soup (105 cals)
Lunch: Grilled steak, spaghetti, peas (500 cals)
A. Snack: Soy crisps, sf popsicles (150 cals)
Dinner: Salmon, garlic/onion/dill red potatoes, green beans (500 cals)
Dessert: Crepes (200)

Exercise: Gym is closed - Once the sun goes down, I'll try to take at least a 2 mile walk.

Mood: Lonly and sorry for myself. SO is out of town until Sunday, and the house is too quite all ready. I think I'll perscribe 1 cc of "Thoroughly Modern Millie" on myself to be taken this evening.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Last edited by andoreth; 05-29-2006 at 01:29 PM.
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Hey Andoreth, here is the drill:

For our new members that don't know, this thread is where we share what we ate for the day & also log our exercise & water, if we choose to. You can do this any way you want, ie whatever is most helpful to you. Jillybean, for instance, likes to plan out her day ahead of time & then edit her message to show what was eaten or what she just didn't feel hungry for. I like to write it down as I eat it, to keep track since certain things are easy to forget, especially if I WANT to forget them.

It's also a good thread to get recipe or food ideas from, as well as to ask the other members, "What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right?"--everyone is always glad to help.

You can do one message every day, or several days in one message. That's up to you. Welcome & please feel free to join in!

Thank you for starting this, Jilly. I, too, have been wondering where it was & need it, just plain need it, for accountability. Sounds like you & Jeff have a fun day planned, I can't wait to hear what clothes you got!! I'm such a clotheshorse, I'm trying to cut down, but will need a "new bra trip" to Lane Bryant pretty soon. I have a picnic @ mom & dad's today, they are grilling bratwurst & hamburgers; I am in charge of the red potatoes, I am thinking mashed w/skins on & roasted garlic? Lots of flavor, no fat.

Today:
320 ounces water
1 cup soymilk
1 cup frosted bite size shredded wheat

1 packet cinnamon granola bars

15 pistachios

1 bratwurst
1 bratwurst bun
mustard
onion

1 cup garlic mashed potatoes
1 tsp butter

1/2 cup creamed corn
1/2 cup baked beans

1 banana

1/2 bottle snapple raspberry white tea

8 prunes
1/2 cup peas
1 Tbsp mayo
cracked black pepper

for those who don't know, I am on medication that makes me drink, I am up to 2.5 gallons per day.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 05-29-2006 at 11:44 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:29 AM   #4  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for posting this thread again. Today is Tuesday here and this is what I ate for today:

1 cup of FF Milk
Banana
Apple
1 BK grilled chicken ceasar salad with ranch and no croutons
chicken
rice with veggies
jalapeno pretzels (about 2 cups)
SF FF pudding with free cool whip

The problem was the pretzels but as I began to attack the bag I forced myself to get up after 1/3 and throw the suckers away!

I am fighting a cold so I did not exercise. I hope to do that tomorrow.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

It's tuesday here, too, but for me it's still morning, so here's what I'm planning for today:
  • 1c honey bunches of oats cereal w/1 banana and skim milk
  • PBJ sandwich
  • SmartOnes frozen entree (The Truth About Carbs line--either sweet n sour chicken or santa fe chicken--both VERY yummy!)
  • ham, turkey, and provolone sandwich
  • some sort of chicken and black bean concoction in the crock pot
I'm trying to make dinners without relying on pasta or rice. I don't mind maybe some baked potatos or whole-wheat wraps or something, but I'm trying to cut back on the processed pasta, and I just don't much care for rice, so it's mostly meat and veggies (err, legumes, at least). Including an estimate of dinner's calories, today comes to about 1300 cals. That's good because I can still add an evening smoothie if I want and will still be within a good range. Now, no unplanned snacking!

To avoid said snacking, I will go out for a walk when I get home from work. It's supposed to be about 95 and humid (lovely), so I likely won't go far, but anything is better than nothing, and after working out in heat like that, the last thing I'll want to do is come home and snack!

Oh, and I'm working on my first 1-liter bottle of water with nother already filled and in the fridge waiting for me. My goal is to have at least 2 liters a day, since I've been slacking off on my water consumption lately, too (so maybe some of this weight will drop quickly as a result of less water retention!).
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #6  

Hey guys!

today:

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can zucchini in tomato sauce
2 slices natural ovens multigrain bread

1 box raisins

1 Mounds bar

1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 can veg all
1 tbsp mayo
1 package chicken ramen, cooked in the broth
Old 05-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #7  

Tuesday:

100 cal pack cookies (100 cals)

Ramen noodles (SuchAPrettyFace-glad I'm not the only fan!) (380 cals)

Homemade sweat&sour chicken rice w/ veggies (500 cals)

2 SF popsicles +
fortune cookie rounds (150 cals)

Seasoned hamburger patty (95% lean beef, minced onion, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, parmesan cheese) +
Spaghetti w/ LF alfredo sauce +
Green beans (525 cals)

Frozen fruit w/ whipped cream (150 cals)

Hope everyone had a delicious day!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:02 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

Ha, my first fully rededicated day and I messed it up They ordered lunch for us at work because we got stuck in a meeting (proposal review team) from about 9am till 12:30. And it was pretty bad--I had chicken salad (bad) on a croissant (worse) with regular potato chips (horrible) and a chocolate chunk cookie (evil). Oh, and a diet coke, as if it even made a difference at that point I also had eaten my 2 sandwiches, but of course I didn't mention that and ate the free lunch anyway. I skipped the SmartOnes, but that's only 140 cals, which probably didn't even make up for the cookie

Alright, let's try this again. No free food at work today since we have no meeting andmy boss won't even be in. So, here's the plan:
  • honey bunches of oats w/banana and skim milk
  • pbj sandwich
  • SmartOnes chicken meal
  • ham and turkey sandwich
  • 2 turkey burgers w/swiss cheese, lettuce, and bbq sauce (no buns)
Should be about 1400 calories total. Again, I will try the walking thing when I get home from work. It was so hot out yesterday I ended up going to the mall instead of for a walk, but I did park on the opposite end as Lane Bryant, so I had to walk all the way across the mall And it didn't keep me from eating--Jeff works later now, so he doesn't get home till about 6:30 instead of 5 like he used to, so that's another whole 90 minutes of torture for me to try to NOT eat--yesterday, I binged on Swiss cheese, of all things. I think I had 4-5 slices. I also had a whole-wheat pita with cream cheese on it and a bowl of fruit salad. It's not horrible stuff, but those calories sure do add up. I also had more fruit salad after dinner and then made smoothies (frozen strawberries, bananas, skim milk, and ff cool whip). Today, I will allow myself a YOGURT if I need it before Jeff gets home and some fruit salad after dinner. Will increase my calories, but not to an insane amount like yesterday
Old 05-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #9  

andoreth--ramen is 10 for a dollar here, you can't beat that with a stick!!

Jilly, I love that you had a diet Coke. It tastes so different, sometimes I just get a taste for it. I have a very very VERY hard time saying no to free food as well. I think you just have to chalk it up & not beat yourself up about it.

What did you get at Lane Bryant???!?!?!??!

Today:
1/2 packet weight control cinnamon oatmeal
waterrrrrrrrrr

1 can tuna canned in olive oil, drained
2 slices wholegrain toast

one 20 oz can of pineapple chunks

one packet cinnamon granola bars

looking back, i need a snack here w/some protein.

1.5 cups noodles
4 teaspoons butter

8 bite size prunes
1 stick light string cheese

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 06-01-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:21 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace
What did you get at Lane Bryant???!?!?!??!
ugh, not much. I grabbed a pair of capris that were half off, but they're a size too small, so maybe by the end of summer. I got a sweater (very open/loose weave to wear over a tank top), but it's just a bit tighter around my middle than I'd like, so that'll have to wait in the back of the closet for a while, too. Other than that, I ended up with 5 new tank tops (3 at LB and 2 from Hecht's)--I've been wanting more colored tanks to wear layered under my neutral black, beige, and white outer layers. Oh, and minor LB rant here--they've started calling some of their items "perfectly priced" (although they're still pretty dang pricey, if you ask me), and you can't use coupons on "perfectly priced" items So I had a coupon for $25 off of $75 or more, and I spent almost $90, but I couldn't use the coupon because the tanks were all "perfectly priced."

Shopping has been a nightmare. I can't find anything I like, and when I finally do, it's so much more than I'm willing to pay (I'm sorry, but I can't willingly spend over $40 on a single shirt). Department stores don't tend to carry younger styles in plus sizes, so my options are pretty much limited to LB, Avenue, and occasionally Fashion Bug. I did get a really cute skirt at Walmart, and I wish they had more colors because I LOVE it (wearing it right now).
Old 05-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #11  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Seems like there are only four of use posting here. I would post my eating for the past couple of days but I am down for the count with tonsillitis. As per early discussions on the board don't some meds make you swell up? I am over 1 pound from my ticker weight but I don't want to change it until I feel better. Do meds do that???
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:34 PM   #12  

Jill I am the same way. $40 for ONE shirt is ridiculous!!! Also wanted to tell you I grabbed the wrong size on a pair of pants, too, so I feel your pain.

And yes, some meds can puff you up.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 06-01-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:58 PM   #13  

Wednesday:

100 cal pack goldfish (100)

Ramen noodles ( this is very common, as I can "cook" them with the hot water from the water cooler at work) (380)

Egg Salad Tortilla Wrap (350)

Ice cream (150)

Steak and beans (560)

Pears (210)

2 sf popsicles (30)

Okay, I don't see a single vegetable here. Tomorrow it's salad for Lunch, and 2 veggies at dinner!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #14  
Mindy

S/C/G: 295/279/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hey I'll join in

Breakfast - 1/2 onion Begal w/ reduced fat sun dried tomatoe cream cheese
Morning snack - Apple
Lunch - salad that I made with turkey
afternoon snack - cinnamon pecans
dinner - 1/2 stuffed bell pepper & 1/4 cup baby corn
evening snack - Jello Pudding cup

Water - 32 oz.
1 dr. Pepper (my secret addiction)
Ice Tea

Exercise - I met with my personal trainer today and she kicked my butt, but I did a 1/2 hour of cardio plus weights.

Hey I like this, thanks for starting this thread. Until tomorrow - Mindy
mindydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:27 AM   #15  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi folks,

I am glad to see this thread started up again. I am jounaling my food in a notebook for now so probably won't be posting here too but it is nice to check in once in a while and see how folks are doing.

Ciao

Denise
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote