Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default Everyday Exercisers #2

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to any newcomers. This thread focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goal is to stay active, hydrated and make healthy eating choices.

Come join us in our healthy lifestyle.

(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-07-2001, 01:12 PM   #2  

Default Only two more weeks until Thanksgiving!

Hi guys!

I'm just so proud of all of us. Some of us are swimming, biking, rowing, running, walking, working out with weights or all of the above. We all know it hasn't been easy, especially with the weather change, but we're doing it! We're getting healthier and we will look so much better on Thanksgiving. Let those relatives cringe with envy.

I got on the stationary bike for 1/2 an hour this morning and will walk with my hubby on his lunch break. We also walked last night after supper. That'll get rid of some of the fat cells!!

Pamela, I'm so impressed that you rode 22 miles on your bike!!!!!! That's fantastic!!!!!! You are our super champion bike rider. My goal is to be good for at least the next two weeks before Thanksgiving. So are you ready to join me? We can do this! I know we can!

Jusdoit, I'm thinking of you on that jet. I know how jittery you must feel. You'll be back with us safe and sound before you know it. Can't wait.

Shasta and Kathlean, How are you both doing? I miss you guys.

Shauna, keep up the great work in walking during your lunch hour!

Talk to you soon.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-07-2001, 07:47 PM   #3  

Default My first day back at the gym!!!!

I can't believe it!! I actually went to the gym and attended an aerobics class!! It has been almost 2 months since the incident! I have my energy back and my arm is practically back to normal. I'm just so excited. I still have a dr.'s appointment next week for a check up, but I should be 100% by then.

Thank you, guys, for your prayers and warm wishes. I really went through some dark times there, but you all really helped me though this. Thank you.

Hugs,
Dena
Old 11-08-2001, 12:38 AM   #4  

Dena, so glad to hear you're doing well!!
I think I *am* cheating on my no sweets month, but in an ok way. I've been eating a small bowl of Count Chocula at night, LOL. Hey, it's got vitamins and not many calories or much fat plus it kicks the sweet craving.

I hung out with my good friend today. We went for a walk and chased Emmett around a different playground. I also got lots of new fun stamp supplies. I made 2 scrapbook pages tonight, too!! I like doing crafts. Keeps my hands busy.

I guess we'll see what the weather is doing tomorrow. It's supposed to be colder but then warm up again after that. Maybe I will really try to get up early and do a video. God bless.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-08-2001, 06:15 PM   #5  

This morning I did Denise Austin's TV show for 30 minutes and this afternoon I went on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I'm so happy now that I'm exercising again. I feel alive!!!!! I'm really jazzed that I was able to get on the treadmill for 30. I couldn't go as fast as before, but I will get there again.

Pamela, you're doing a fantastic job!!! That's great that you came up with a plan for the evening munchies. I'm trying something new, too... not eating in front of the TV and only eating when I'm hungry. So far so good. That's a great idea about the scrapbook, too. You are so right about keeping busy... plus you're having fun doing it.

Lucylost, I often think of your story that you shared. Thanks again. It really has helped me get better.

Take care, everyone.
Hugs,
Dena
Old 11-10-2001, 11:09 AM   #6  

Just a quick note... yesterday I did my Body Flex tape and today I will do tons of walking. I love my Saturday walks in nature. Hope to do the same on Sunday.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-10-2001, 12:03 PM   #7  
We can do this..and will!

Default Dena...I found you!

Hey Girlfriend...how are things? I am ready to begin anew...was over on the support thread with Crone and Babbette...and I was wondering if you were out there in cyberspace! I have not done very well weight wise, but I am back and ready to tackle the battle again...and I needed my exercise guru...I just want you to know that everytime I snap open a Diet Coke, I think of you! Ha! Now that I found you I know I will have to lay off that stuff too...Hope things are going well...."see" ya soon...Jh:
Old 11-12-2001, 11:31 AM   #8  

Joanie, Joanie, Joanie!!!!

Wow, it's so good to see you!!!! How have you been? Are you going to join us? I'm just so happy to see you here. Can you tell? I'm so glad you survived your stressful ordeal. (I know it's probably not over.) But you are here now and exercise wll relieve some of the stress.

Speaking of trauma, I was bitten by a Black Widow Spider AND tore a tendon at the same time. Hello!!!! Couldn't move my arm for almost 2 months, and the PAIN!!!!! I was not a pretty sight. All of my energy was zapped and I couldn't even walk for weeks. When I finally could move I walked like Frankenstein. Sheesh, just thinking about it sends me off to "pain city." Not a happy thought.

Everyone on this thread has been so supportive and helpful to me while I was lamenting. And gentle exercise, tons of meds, prayers and well wishes got me through all of this. Looks like I'm just about back to my old self.

So now it's time for me to exercise. (I always feel somewhat saner when I do.) I'll be back to report my results later. Just had to say "hi" first. Hope you can join us!!!!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-13-2001, 09:23 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi everybody
Would you mind a new member posting in occassionally?
I have been doing Body for Life lately and I've just started my 3rd challenge (12 week program). I didn't do so well on my 2nd challenge~slacked off of the consistant exercise part.
On BFL you alternate with aerobics and weight lifting, but it's done 6 days a week.
So, I thought that this Exercise thread would be a nice place to visit and to give & receive support.
Dena, is that you from the old WW at Home board?

Today is my aerobic/cardio day. I will do the 20 minute high intensity interval session on my exercise bike. Can't go to the gym today because I'm expecting a repairman SOMETIME today.
~~~Sil
Old 11-13-2001, 07:56 PM   #10  

Hi Sil!!!

I'm so glad you're here!! So good to see you again. How have you been? And do tell us more about BFL. What exactly is their program?

Yesterday I couldn't get back online for some reason. But I'm here now!! Today I walked with my hubby during his lunch break and also got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I go to the doc on Thursday to see if it would be alright to do other exercises besides walking. I'm so glad I can do what I'm doing. There was a while there, when this wasn't even possible. This is a major comeback for me. However, I feel like I'm learning how to do things from scratch, but I'll get there. Can't wait for the day I can work out on all the machines again.

Shasta, Pamela and Shauna-Rene, hope you guys are doing ok.

Jusdoit, I've been thinking of you. Sure hope you have a safe trip back.

Joanie, I miss you as our Support thread leader. You were fabulous!!

Hugs to all,
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 11-13-2001 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:11 AM   #11  

Sorry I haven't been posting! I got a faint positive line on a pregnancy test today and I *FEEL* pregnant so I hope this is a go. Still trying to walk, all food (except Baked Lay's plain chips) make me want to throw up but I eat anyway. I plan on doing some excercises all the way through if I really am and also not pigging out like I did last time.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-14-2001, 10:27 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Everybody

Dena~~~Hey gal! I tried to look up past EXERCISE threads but was unable to. tell me what happened to you that you are recouperating from. Hope you are well.

As you know, I was doing weight watchers at home earlier this year. It worked well for me as far as the food part but I just couldn't get into the exercise part because I needed more direction in that area. Body for Life (BFL) is a great program that incorporates nutrition and exercise together.

The program consists of a total of12 weeks. Each week you eat right and exercise 6 days a week, taking a Free Day once a week. On the free day you do NOT exercise and you EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT . So, I figured that I can do anything for 6 days if I can have that free day, and I gave it a try.

The food part consists of 5-6 SMALL meals a day. Each meal consists of a fist size of protein (chicken, tuna, lean meat, fish, egg whites or eggbeaters, cottage cheese, etc.) AND a fist size of carbs (oatmeal, fruit,potato, pasta, bread, etc). You are allowed as much vegetables as you like, just be aware of the high sugar/starch ones.

The exercise part includes some form of cardio at a high intensity, interval level and weight lifting. If you do the exercise according to his book, the cardio only takes 20 minutes and the weight lifting only takes 45-55 minutes.
I use the stationary recumbant bike or the elliptical for my cardio sessions. I started out with 5# weights for the exercises because I had a herniated disc in my neck repaired last January and didn't have alot of strength in my arms. So, if I can do it, ANYBODY can do it

Just yesterday I tried a different variation of the cardio session according to Dec. Muscle Media magazine's article "Guerilla Cardio 2". It is only 12 minutes on an exercise bike or elliptical. For the first 4 minutes you go at a 50% pace. Then for the next 4 min you alternate with 20 seconds going as fast as you can, then slow down for 10 sec (to catch your breath ), 20 sec as fast as you can, slow for 10 sec, etc. The last 4 min are at the 50% pace to cool down. Try it ! You will not believe what a workout you get in only 12 minutes.

I hope that everybody has a great workouy today.
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 11-14-2001 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:53 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Dena~~~I finally saw your post about being bitten by the black widow spider. OMG!!!
So glad to hear that you are doing better now.
~~~Sil
Old 11-14-2001, 07:13 PM   #14  

Today I walked for 1/2 an hour, then went to the gym and got on the treadmill for 30 and went to an aerobics class there. Unfortunately, I could only take 25 minutes before my arm started throbbing. It's a good thing I'm going to the doc tomorrow. I thought I was getting better. Sheesh.

Sil, thank you so much for your explanation. Wow, you're doing a terrific job. Do you like the food plan? How hard is the exercise? It looks like your results are fantastic!!! I wish I could join you. Right now it's best I stick to my ww plan and walking. Everytime I try something a little more, I get a setback. Rats. I'm going to ask my doc when I can start lifting weights again. The last time they told me I might need Physical Therapy.

Pamela, congratulations!! Keep up the great work walking and riding the bike. I'm sure your baby will be super healthy with all that exercise. How old is Emmett now? Keep us posted, ok? Here's wishing you the very best!

Take care, everyone!
Hugs,
Dena
Old 11-14-2001, 07:17 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just checking in to be accountable. Today I did my lower body workout. It consists of squats (regular and sumo) and lunges , half-way dead lifts and calf raises (all using weights). I also did 9 sets of ab exercises.
I have lots of energy and it feels great. Even got all my water in for the day and it's only 7:30PM.
Hope you all had great workouts.
~~~Sil
Closed Thread