Old 05-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/165.5/142

Exclamation Blaine's Low Carb Kitchen

I can't remember who it was on my other thread that said they had not heard of Blaine's Low Carb Kitchen, but it's a great show that was on FitTV. This guy's name is Blaine Jelus. He's a chef who weighed over 300, and decided to go on a low carb diet to lose weight. He made it his mission to convert many of his favorite recipes into low carb foods. He cooks several things on the show and then weighs in at the end of the half hour. He had lots of great recipes on there. Many of them are a lot of work though, but look totally worth it if you are wanting something that's really tasty and low carb. Just go to Google and type in "Blaine's Low Carb Kitchen" and you will get a link to his page on FitTV.com. All his recipes are there. I will say watching the show helps though, because he teaches a few techniques on there and stuff.

Anyway, just thought I would let you all know in case you are interested.
JudyChat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Judy, That was me. unfortunatedly I do not have fit tv but Iwill check out the website. It sounds great!
Thanks again
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #3  
Susan hockeyfan7

Thanks Judy -- I just looked at some of the recipes and I may have to try his cheesecake without the crust. And the walnut brownie cake with chocolate icing only has 4 grams of carbs per serving. Sounds delicious. I may try that using coconut flour instead of soy flour and see how it turns out.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/167/130

Lightbulb

I have watched Blaines Low Carb Kitchen. He does have alot of delicious looking recipes, I'll have to look at his website.
Born2run2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:36 PM   #5  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

The discovery channel offers two volumes of his shows for $69.90 (http://shopping.discovery.com/product-58539.html). I was browsing the site and downloaded a video where he is making flatbread - I can't wait to get to a point on the program to try it. As it is I have already started buying Healthy Choces Low Carb bread. It is 7 grams a slice with 2 grams of fiber.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote