South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #1  

Default Crystalline Fructose

Hi...I am going crazy trying to find the answer to this question.

Is Cyrstalline Fructose a SB approved ingredient? I bought some yogurt yesterday which contaned this ing. and I don't want to eat it if it is not SB approved. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Sounds like a fancy name for crystalized fruit sugar to me. Maybe you can it out by using your search engine.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It is probably OK. However, it is made from cornstarch. Is it in something or are you buying it like Splenda?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #4  
Miss_Smarty_Pants

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Wow, I've never heard of that. Which brand is it in? I tend to stick to the low carb yogurt, so I hope it's not in there.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Fructose is fruit sugar. On one hand, we're allowed to have fruit, so we are technically allowed to eat fructose (just like we're allowed to have the lactose, or milk sugar, in milk). On the other hand, a piece of fruit has a small amount of fructose, so I don't think you'd be able to normally consume the same amount of fructose in one piece of fruit that you would if you were using something like a cup of the distilled form for baking or whatever.

Personally, I'd stay away from it...but you could try a little and see if it gives you cravings. If you are looking for a natural sugar substitute, you might try stevia, or erithyritol (which sounds like a sugar alcohol, but is a natural one...Stonyfield farms just started using it in their organic yogurt and they're committed to not using any sugar replacements like aspartame).

Old 05-31-2006, 09:31 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

I usually buy dannon light n fit, but when axelrod is on sale I buy it. It has crystalline fructose in it but they have some awesome flavors so I have it occassionally. I also buy nf plain and mix it with sf jello and that is yummy too.
Closed Thread