Old 05-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #1  

Default Fell off the wagon

I fell off the wagon so far this weekend , that I couldn't even see it anymore. I went away and let's just say my choices were not good at all. BUT.. I am back on it this this morning, and I have made myself a little mini goal for the 4th of July. I'm hoping to keep myself motivated. The good news is that I did not gain any weight, I maintained. I guess there is always a bright side!!!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:52 AM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

vacations are tough for me. congrats on getting right back on the wagon, that's really the important thing. don't be freaked if you see a bump upwards a week down the line, that can happen to me (what I eat doesn't always show on the scale right away). You may not see that.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:12 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Great job getting back on track...that is the key, not letting a weekend turn into a week, a month, a year!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I posted about this in my "putting the weekend in perspective" thread on this forum. I didn't frame it as falling off the wagon, but I didn't eat as sensibly as I normally do.

But you know what? I made much better choices than I would have previously, and was right back on track yesterday! I think that's what's important!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #5  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

I kind of look at it this way: when I was getting fat I didn't eat horribly and fail to exercise every day. There was the odd day here and there when I managed to eat a salad or take a bike ride. However, since I was on a strict "eat all I can get my hands on and sit all day" lifestyle, those days didn't keep me from gaining weight.

Conversely, now that I am on my new, healther lifestyle I figure that a few days in the other direction won't have an impact on my long-term progress. I just have to make it very clear to myself of which track I'm on and that just because I am eating X today or skipping Y, it doesn't mean that I don't have the same responsibilies to myself tomorrow.

Good job and getting back into the swing so quickly!
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:11 AM   #6  
Downsizing Dee!

It's hard to get back on track when you let yourself stray a little bit. I found myself in that boat last week. Good for you for getting right back at it.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote