Old 05-29-2006, 05:29 PM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy The Fear of Vacation

I am coming home to the states for 2 months in about 3weeks.

I am looking forward to a stop over in Las Vegas before I get to my home town. (It's a great place to get over jet lag.) I hope I can follow the same kind of eating and exercise plan I have established when I go there for five nights. I know it will not be 100% but within reason. You see all year I miss so many things that are just not available here including good foods/meals and snacks. I am worried that I will go over the edge because my 2 months home is finally beginning. I am trying to rework my feelings instead of looking forward to a great cheeseburger maybe a great salad??? or the cheeseburer without the bun and fries..... sigh......I am thinking I might just stick to low carb and healthy choices and drink a ton of water. I also plan on taking my sneakers with me so I can either workout at the hotel gym or ...get in the pool really early and swim or ...go for a long walk on the strip before it gets blazing hot. I am concerned that I when I relax after a hard year I will throw caution to the wind and huge meals in my mouth. In reality I usually maintain when I go on a vacation like this or just gain one or two pounds but I was never on a good exercise track before so any kind of walking shocked my system.

Keep your fingers crossed for me......
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

have a great time!

At least you know in reality that you usually maintain on vacations. and you know you have an exercise regime in place.

Vacations are tough for me eating wise, but the walking tends to save me.

You can always check in here from LV if you feel like you need any kind of boost
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:17 PM   #3  

Enjoy your vacation. When you get to Las Vegas, walk, walk, walk!
Try and make healthy food choices. I am in LV now and having a great time. It has not been to hot yet. I head back to OKC on Wednesday.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #4  

You'll have a hard time having fun in a resturant trying to contoll portion sizes and calories. If its going to be that big a concern, I would just have a lunch you make for yourself every day and for dinner see if your road companians are up to going to Applebee's or Red Lobster or some other semi-nice resturant with diet friendly choices (as well as delicious food for non-dieters). For just one night pick one REALLY nice resturant that you'll be okay with splurging your calories on. One meal of bliss couldn't do more than a few pounds of damage, but you should do it for a lasting memory as long as you're going to be in Vegas. I would much rather eat diet-food for almost the whole vacation and have one great night at a really cool "only Vegas" place than eat "kinda healthy...healthier at least" meals the whole time.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #5  

What is important is that you are planning NOW. It is going to make all of the difference in the world and allow you to really enjoy your time at home. Have a wonderful trip!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I agree, I think you'll do great
And you'll be HOME!!!!!

Will you get to see family?

Are you going to university in Seoul... or are you there permanently?

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nothing like your long trip, but I just wrote about a brief weekend trip and how I ate more than I wanted, but did so much better than I would have in the past.

Exercise will help, and planning when you can... Allow yourself some of those special treats, but maybe if you have the burger one day, don't ALSO have the ice cream or the ... whatever... on that same day. Space it out. Pick more veggies when you can. Don't feel you have to "clean your plate". Let yourself have SOME and stop sometimes.

Keep yourself accountable for what you DO eat! Maybe write everything down? Then you'll at least be conscious of what you're doing and not become mindless or careless.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:08 AM   #8  
Downsizing Dee!

Some great suggestions have been posted here already so I don't think I would be able to bring anything new to the table. I hope you have a fabulous trip and enjoy your time at home with your family.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:22 PM   #9  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone....oh and by the way I had the best Vegas dream the other night.....

I dreamt I had a huge win on the slots. LOL.....
Wouldn't that be nice if dreams come true??? I woudl take some of the money and spend two weeks at a fat spa in Thailand.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote