South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy Hump Day!

Happy Wednesday! The sun is shining and it's getting warmer, so things are looking up for today! I had a great time last night with several of my friends. We went to a Mediterranian-style restaurant, and I stayed totally OP, and just had a coffee for dessert. Actually we had more fun gabbing and laughing than we did eating, for a change. I have a pretty busy morning today, but I only have to work til 2, hurray!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #2  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Cottage! Wake up the rest of you chickies!!! It's a beautiful day out there today. Still at little nippy, but I think it's getting up to around 70 here. DD is selling candy bars for daycare and I HAVE to get them out of the house....they've been so hard to resist. Last night I left DD with DH for an hour or so and he let her have 1/2 a candy bar and an ice cream sandwich for snack. Then I had the fun of trying to get her to bed. She was so hyper that she didn't get to sleep until after 9:30 After all that I *needed* some chocolate. I know there were better choices that I could have made though so I'm dissapointed in myself. So please send any my way please.

Well, enough whining from me
Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gloriously sunny here for a change! We are back to wet and clouds tomorrow, so they say, but I intend to relish the day.

Good work on enjoying the talking more than the eating, Cottage. I've discovered that people really don't notice what you eat anyhow.

Kelly, don't be too hard on yourself. I find just one taste is deadly so have to avoid that damned chocolate completely.

Yesterday my perennial order arrived. Poor plants! They seem to have been in transit for two weeks! Grrr! Some will survive but half the order will need to be replaced. The best way to get perennials is to get them from another gardener and plant them the same day so they don't know what hit them. I guess this should be in the gardening thread but gardening is my life this time of the year.

I was feeling really crappy all day yesterday and called to make an appointment with the doc. However, I took a Tylenol Nightime Cold Capsule last night, slept right through to 7 and feel pretty darn good today. No coughing spells so far. Maybe I'm over the hump - very appropriate for today!

Hershey and I are going to have our second coffee on the deck and then FINALLY clean off the porch ready for the wicker furniture season. I have been procrastinating on that task for two weeks now!

What's on your agenda for today?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:45 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Weather is holding up so Leo & I are going to take a chance to walk along the beach before the rains come in.Did a little better with the pigging out than I did the other day. Had H/F cereal,which curbed my appetite.

My first closet is done now I have the other to to straight out,as well as the basement. I haven't gotten around to Spring Cleaning taking Leo back & forth to the treatment center, my housework was put on hold.I'm a busy little girl.

Will post later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-24-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks - again only have a few minutes in between calls and making sure the boss does not catch me. I am getting myself prepared to start on monday- I am looking forward to getting back OP, it has been terrible since I started working in Nov. Hope everyone has a great OP day. Happy gardening Ruth.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #6  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

off to the grocery store, we have very little left to eat here and not enough veggies to go around...I made a nice menu plan so that we won't end up wasting any-I hate that...

Our pool opens on Saturday so I'm getting the kids excited for swimming and myself mentally prepared, lol

ok gotta run, enjoy your days!!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:34 AM   #7  

Mornin' all -

Well, it is now less than 24 hours until my vacation starts!! I am so excited! By this time tomorrow, I will be landing in Denver. I have a lot to do when I get home (laundry, pack, write out instructions for the furkids sitter) I left all this stuff to do today because we have quite an early flight (the plane takes off at 6 AM and we have to leave the house to catch the train out to Midway @ 3:30 AM) and DBF are planning not to sleep. Well, I probably will nap.

Otherwise, I'm doing good. Staying OP (except yesterday a did have a couple Oreoes...they weren't as good as I had remembered. I find that happens a lot with junk food I used to love and now just taste too sweet and processed). Last night I made Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce. YUM!

Okay, well I need to get some work done.

Have a good day everyone. I won't be posting again until probably 5/31...so have a great Memorial Day too!!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #8  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Chickies. Glad everyone is having a good morning. Going to be a nice day here today, but I'm stuck inside at work *sigh*. So, if it's nice where you are, enjoy it for me .

I have been following plan pretty well, but I think my losing has stalled. I need to figure out what is doing it. I am thinking too many breads, even if they are ww. I usually only try to eat one a day, but sometimes I slip and do two. Yes, definitely need to get that back on track. Or maybe it's the fruit? It's so hard to know...I guess I will do some experimenting until I find out.

Well, enough of my ranting, have a great day!! And Anna, have a great vacation!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Good morning...
It's going to be a typical Florida summer day...92 with 80% humidity and threatening afternoon showers...
I went shopping last night. I've found this WOE is more costly and time consuming. My basket was less full without all the boxed items and it still cost me about the same. It took about 1/2 hour longer too. Oh well it's for the best!
Not much else today.

Annarenee Wish I was going on Vacation with you.

Ruth enjoy your sunny weather

Kelly get that candy out of your house! I know there's no way I could handle the temptation.

Hope everyone has an OP day!

Last edited by Wannabe Hotmama; 05-24-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #10  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

I forgot to tell everyone that I posted a couple new P2 recipes, one for Spaghettic sauce, one for Garlic and Cheese Toasted Pita Wedges. Can you tell what I had for dinner last night? It was yummy! Enjoy
Old 05-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/178/140

Question

I forgot to mention that when I was shopping last night there were a couple of items talked about here that I wanted to try but could not find. Ground Flaxseed and wheat germ. I looked with the spices and herbs and flour sections. Nothing....
Old 05-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabe Hotmama
I forgot to mention that when I was shopping last night there were a couple of items talked about here that I wanted to try but could not find. Ground Flaxseed and wheat germ. I looked with the spices and herbs and flour sections. Nothing....
Wheat germ is usually with with cereals (with the oatmeal).

I'm not sure about the flaxseed...
Old 05-24-2006, 10:45 AM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

morning all,

yesterday was cool, went to see the davicini code with a friend, that was nice. Then picked up some groceries, (again!) got some flax, (wannabee, it was just on an endcap somewhere not with the flour or spices at my store, try asking an employee) and I liked it in my yogurt... Today I have think I'm going to go for a walk to the park and back (a couple miles) if it stays nice (it's lovely out! )
Old 05-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Morning all! I know I've been MIA for a few days. I'm so busy with work (I work a lot of days now, so I don't get up early enough to make it on here!)
I'm off tomorrow, going to go get my hair & nails done so I look decent for our engagement pic.
I've never tried flaxseed...hmm.
3 MORE DAYS UNTIL KEY WEST!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:10 AM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well girls I am back on track. Got my week 4 day 1 run out of the way. Thought I was going to die, actually thought I had burst the blood vessels in my face I was so red after I was done. It was the hardest cardio I have ever done, and just think its only wek 4 of a 8 week program! Also managed to get some strength training in...I WILL meet my workout goal. Made some good food choices yesterday as well as drinking water like a fish. Feels good to be back on track.

cottage - nights out with old friends are the best. Great job staying OP too.

kelly - I so could not have candy BARS plural in my house, I would have eaten them all the first day.

ruth - good luck with the porch cleaning, glorious day for it.

beach bum - Spring cleaning....eek! Forgot all about it! Wanna come do my closets?

little chick - Have fun at work...what kind of calls do you take? I worked in call centers my whole life.

batmomm - you look so thin in your new avatar!

anna - DENVER? I live in Colorado, just South of Denver...the weather here has been gorgeous! Enjoy...

holly - bread and fruit could both be the culprit...do you do any kind of a workout routine?

wannabe - everytime you talk about fl you get me all jealous lol.

lottie - love the hair babe! Enjoy that walk.
Closed Thread