Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 05-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #1  

Default Yogurt?

I usually eat a container of yogurt every morning for breakfast. Lately I have been trying to find one that is lower in calories, but does not contain aspertain. So I found a few that use Splenda, but I have also not heard good things about that either. What kind of yogurt do you eat?
kalishea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I eat plain yogurt and add my own sliced fruit. I look for a low fat, organic yogurt with a high number of yogurt cultures (better for your gut). My current 2 favorites are Horizons Organic Fat Free Plain and Fage 2% Greek Yogurt (I buy it at Trader Joe's). The Greek yogurt is a little more spendy, but I love the texture, it's like a thick cool whip. I love Greek yogurt, fresh blackberries and a tiny bit of dark honey. I would much rather eat honey than fake sweeteners - I try to avoid chemicals as much as possible.

Last edited by Glory87; 05-23-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

I eat Archer Farms Non-Fat yogurt, which is the Target house brand. It is sweetened with Sucralose. I used to eat the Yoplait Light which is sweetened with Aspartame, and it has HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP in it! I am trying to get away from eating that whenever I can. Which is hard because it's in everything! Even whole wheat bread!
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #4  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I ususally eat Cascade Fresh Non Fat (sweetened with fruit juice concentrate) or non fat brown cow (sweetened with naturally milled sugar)

I don't do much in the way of foods with fake sugar aside from the occasional diet pop.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

I'm kind of a dork about my yogurt. I buy plain 2% yogurt and plain nonfat yogurt and mix them (for 1% yogurt, it's usually cheaper than buying 1%). I eat about a cup for breakfast with fruit, a sprinkle of cereal, and a tablespoon of nuts. I don't typically add sweetener, but when I did add sweetener I used Stevia, which is a natural alternative to artificial sweeteners.

I've tried making yogurt before, but it always turned out more runny than I like it. But I also haven't tried using an official yogurt maker, either.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm another fruit and plain yogurt eater. Fat free plain yogurt and various frozen fruits mixed together is what I eat. Sometimes I also mix in a little cottage cheese.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #7