Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #1  

Default Turtles on a Roll #158

Here is Judy's intro:

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race betweeen the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder

Welcome one and all!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Howdy!

Hi all,

I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing... nothing new here... the scale is not budging again and as a matter of fact my home scale shows a gain... but it is coming to the end of week 3 as an ex-smoker so hopefully I iwll eventually get a lower number on the scale... waiting is the hardest part

How is everyone doing?

We had contracted for some home improvements to be done on our house, new siding and new windows, of course that was before I knew I was going to be out of a job, but the siding is done and they are supposed to be starting the windows today. My MIL is at the house waiting for them but they have not arrived yet... keeping my fingers crossed that they get it done in the two days that they estimated so that I can get it all cleaned up this weekend.

It is hard to stay positive whens things are not going as you hope

Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Long weekend for us up here. 1st one of the season.

More challenges! Think we will open trailer Sat & get that organized & buy some basics.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well & have a great weekend.

Bye for now.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:51 AM   #4  

Default Happy Friday!

Morning all!

Well it is Friday and tomorrow is another W/I... really hoping for a wonderful W/I this week, it would help to lift the spirits

Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful weekend!

Princess
Old 05-20-2006, 10:02 AM   #5  

WOOHOOO ARIANA! Way to go!!!

You must feel so fantastic, halfway to goal is GREAT! Go out and celebrate today...get your nails done, or maybe your toes! Get your brows waxed or a new haircut or a new color...maybe a long luscious massage! Or hey...maybe sleep in, considering the week you've been having!

Way to go, Ariana! I'm thrilled for you!

(She posted back in #156, but let's keep the new thread going...yeah, I know I can't count, I made this one #158! Oops!)
Old 05-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #6  

Default Happy Monday!

Well it is week four of not smoking and that is going really well and I lost 2.8 at W/I on Saturday... very happy about that! So it seems that I am back on track and we walked almost 5 miles last night, boy was I sore when we were done and it took me like 5 minutes to get out of bed this morning

How is everyone else doing?

Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 05-22-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #7  

Yay Princess! I bet your body is soooooo happy without the smokes...that's a tremendous gift to give yourself. And such a fantastic loss! Now I'm going to envy you.

I'm surviving. It's lab final week (I have three, this week) and I'm extremely worked up about them. Eeeeeesh. By friday I'll be fine...and onto studying for the written finals NEXT week! But I just have to get to the 31st, and then I'm golden. Please please please!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #8  

Mousie: So what are you taking in school? are you working towards a degree? Good luck, I'll bet you will do great but I know the pressure you are under... I finished my degree last year and boy the stress was just crushing. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate them.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Princess
Old 05-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #9  

Princess - I wrote a long note on the last thread Turtles #156 with a few tips from someone who just got done job hunting 7 months ago (me...) Congrats on the recent loss!

Mousie -- thank you, thank you, thank you! I took a day off of work and sewed like crazy. ;D Good luck with your finals!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #10  

Ariana: I got that post and printed it off, thank you very much for the info, a few of those I knew but some were news to me so many thanks! I have an interview on Tuesday afternoon, the job may be a step down so I am not sure if it is something that I will take but the practice that I will get at interviewing again will be helpful and you never know what they may have to offer me could be my dream job in disguise!

Princess
Old 05-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #11  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

First of all, thanks to Mousie for picking up the Turtle banner and running with it and starting our new thread! :
For whatever reason, I had trouble getting into our site and couldn't post, etc.
So much has happened since I last got here.
Ariana for getting halfway to your goal. This is fabulous and fantastic.

Mousie, I'm sending you a to study hard and do great. You always do!

Princess, you're handling a lot of challenges, job loss, home improvements ordered, with a lot of elan. Good for you. And to lose 2.5# on your Saturday WI and keeping up with your exercise while giving up smoking is amazing. Wow wonderful. You're doing great.

Bandit, I hear you about the challenges of the holiday weekend. Here we go again. New season, but always a temptation to eat. We social butterflies just need to think it through. for all your attention to what you need!

I'm just back from NC and my visit with my sisters. EAting wasn't great, but the company was and I never binged. I tried to make good choices and now that I'm back home I'll be on track again. Eating was better than it's been in the past and that's good.

I'm going to check out the posts I missed while I was away. You all take care, do well, and think of all the turtles.
Love,
Judy
Old 05-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #12  

Default Welcome back Judy!

Judy: Welcome back, you were missed!

Hi all!

Another beautiful day here in Indy although they say that rain is on the way but the weekend is supposed to be nice so that is a good thing!

Heading up north on Friday morning to help my mom with a few things and then will head home on Saturday evening to spend Sunday with my husband... it is our second wedding anniversary so spending the day with him is top priority. Have the fridge stocked with lots of good stuff for the grill and such for the holiday weekend... so we should be in good shape there.

Have to run but will check back later on.

Have a happy day all!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 05-24-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Sounds like everyone is doing great and moving forward. Hoorray!!

Well, the trailer is opened, stocked up with basics & lawn cut. So was happy to get that done. Weather up here last weekend was cold & rainy (even hailed for a short time Sat) but we survived.

Congrats Princess on your weight loss & with the smoking - you are really doing fabulous & I am very proud of you!

I haven't been doing the greatest with my eating, but not the worst either.

Anyway, have a great "turtle" day & drink you water. Bye for now.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:38 PM   #14  

Red face

Princess -- I figured you would know some of them, but there's no way of knowing *which* ones. I'm glad that it was helpful. Another good tip is to back up some of your statements with background (for example -- Q: Are you experienced at reverse-engineering databases? A: Yes, I do have some experience -- for example, I reverse-engineered and documented my company's in-house database for the purpose of generating new analytical queries and assisting in future training.) Good luck in the interview. Practice definitely makes better!

Judy -- great to have you back! Thanks for the congrats! I am so excited! And congrats to you on better eating while you were away -- it sounds like you weren't completely satisfied with the results, but not binging just because you're away is important. It's taken me a long time to reign in that urge to go nuts when on vacation/a trip/visiting family, and I still slip, but it does get easier every time, doesn't it?

Bandit -- what is the trailer for? Are you going on a trip? Sorry to hear you're having eating troubles, but "not the greatest" is still better than "the worst." It's all about improvements, right?

As for me, work is mad, mad, mad. Our projects take months, and often overlap, so my three projects (I'll call them H, W and C) are all high priority at my company, and as soon as I think I'm almost done with C and can move back to H, W comes back to bite me in the rear end. I get anxious with all of the pressure...I think that if I didn't have the reinforcement of losing weight gradually but steadily for the last several weeks, it would be much harder to resist the siren song of comfort food...that, and if I didn't exercise a lot, I'd be a basket case. I find that, with the rich/comfort food, I'm better off not having any rather than having a little (if I have a little, say a tiny piece of cake, and more is available, I will compulsively want to eat more). ANYWAY, just sort of babbling my stress out to my lovely supportive turtles.

Tonight is my weigh-in night and I have been quite hungry for several days now, even though I still eat the same amount of points, which is usually a sign that I'm going to lose weight, so wish me luck. I'll let you ladies know how it goes.

Take care of yourself, and let me know how things are going!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:53 AM   #15  

Talking 40 Pounds Baby!

OMG ladies, I did it! I hit 40 pounds! I lost 2.2 pounds at WI this week, which brings me up to.... DRUMROLL PLEASE...40 pounds lost! What a milestone! I have NEVER in my life lost this much weight, and I haven't been this skinny in at least 5 years! OMG! I have to say all of the support has helped, although it was still tough work, it is worth it, and you ladies helped me along, so I had to tell you guys right away!

Closed Thread