Thread: 300 and 30
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 12:47 AM   #15
nightowl88
nightowl

S/C/G: 319/292/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotfluffy
i know. im not 30...but i certianly feel that old..if not older..lol. will be 20 later this year.
Are saying I'm old?? Ha ha, just kiddin' ya! I got a kick out of your quote there. I guess when you're 19, 30 does seem old. Well, imnotfluffy welcome to our group!! I hope you find the support and encouragement you are looking for from us. We're all here for the same reason and we're here to support one another. So sorry to hear about your intolerance to wheat and gluten. I suppose it's good that you found that out sooner rather than later. At least you know what is causing your ailments. I know how tough it is to stay away from the foods we love. I used to love eating strawberries as a child and then when I was in my teens I began to get an allergic reaction from eating them. My face would tingle and turn red, and my mouth and lips felt like they were on fire. Now I can't eat them anymore. It's probably been 14 years since I've had one. I don't miss them as much as I thought I would. There are a lot of desserts and recipes that call for them, but I make due without them just fine. It just takes some getting used to.

Dusty, my dear, how are you? I see you and I were bouncing around in here late last night. I think I was following your threads there for awhile, lol. Good choice by the way on not bringing home Brokeback Mountain for you and your bro to watch. If your brother is anything like mine we get a little awkward watching any love scenes together, let alone a same sex one. That's the time one of us would hop up to go to the bathroom or grab a drink. Your friends can handle watching that stuff, but watching it with family gets too weird (for me anyway - hope that didn't offend anyone).

I had a pretty good day today for my first day back on plan. I kept within my calories and I'm just working on the last 20oz of my 80oz of water. One thing though, I didn't do any exercise. I am such a procrastinator when it comes to doing that. I keep putting it off until later and then later comes and I say no way, it's too late!! Aaagh! Hopefully I'll gain more energy throughout the next couple weeks and it won't be so hard to get moving.

Soooo...I took my Mom to see DaVinci Code today. She liked the movie alot, but I was so-so on it. I remember not being able to put the book down when I first read it. I wanted to find out more and more, but then watching the movie I just wasn't as captivated. I don't know if it was because I already knew the story or if it's because it seemed a little too absurd with all their conspiracy theories and everything. I don't know. It was just different than I had hoped. I did, however, think it was well worth the $7 ticket price! It kept me interested, just not awed.

Well, I'm off to go read some more threads. Later girls!!!